Change font size
Forum Home Public Warcraft

Warcraft

First Warmachine

A place to discuss the Warcraft System.

Moderator: Elder Staff

First Warmachine

Postby Nimrod » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:04 am

The first mechanism of war I'll be adding is the catapult. I would like some feedback from you all on it's operation.

Here is my original design:
  • The parts of a catapult are created via crafting.
  • The object 'a catapult' is created via crafting.
  • It is 'deployed' within the stronghold by an officer pc.
  • It is 'dismantled' within the stronghold by an officer pc.
  • It may be 'repaired' by any pc, or npc engineer if it takes damage.
  • A catapult may be damaged only if it is deployed.
  • Catapults can fling large boulders at adjacent strongholds. (one room)
  • The 'aim' of a catapult is fully dependent on the abilities of the pc aiming the machine.
  • A catapult can damage objects, personnel and the stronghold it is attacking. In rare cases a catapult can also wound a PC, or even kill them.
  • Catapults can deal a tremendous amount of damage to a stronghold.
  • Catapults are easily damaged and finicky.
  • Strongholds cannot be relocated when any warmachines are deployed or assembled within the stronghold.

FYI - When a stronghold is under attack by another stronghold, it is 'under seige' and neither the attacker nor the attacked may relocate for a period of 24 hours AFTER the last action. This means that when one position attacks another, they are both locked in place until neither side attacks for a period of 24 hours.

Warmachines will be modular, and totally independent of strongholds. This means that I can add and modify warmachines as individual modules without having to update the core prog system of warcraft. So adding new items will be a snap and they can all work in different ways.
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Re: First Warmachine

Postby trevalyan » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:23 am

Very nice. Where do we get the ammo from, these large boulders? How do we move them from point of acquiry to the catapult itself? (I imagine they're quite heavy.)

Over time, will we be able to put other things in catapults?
trevalyan
Unverified User

Postby twitchyweasel » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:27 pm

What skill is going to be used to operate and aim the catapult? Aim?
twitchyweasel
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Nimrod » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:53 pm

trevalyan wrote:Very nice. Where do we get the ammo from, these large boulders? How do we move them from point of acquiry to the catapult itself? (I imagine they're quite heavy.)

Ammo is provided by your helpful gatherers. :)
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Nimrod » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:57 pm

twitchyweasel wrote:What skill is going to be used to operate and aim the catapult? Aim?
The AIM skill will have a bit of impact on how well you shoot this thing. Anyone will be able to aim and shoot it, but your aim skill will determine just exactly how well you hit your enemy.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Mavinero » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Nimrod wrote:
trevalyan wrote:Very nice. Where do we get the ammo from, these large boulders? How do we move them from point of acquiry to the catapult itself? (I imagine they're quite heavy.)

Ammo is provided by your helpful gatherers. :)

It would be the stones that the gatherers..erm..gather.
A small, shell-grey-eyed male begins to flicker and flash, turning to a red color as such happens. Without warning, a slim, silver-hilted lightsaber hilt ignites with a ruby-hued length. "Incorrect. I am programmed for queries, not pleasure."
Mavinero
Dwarf Recruit

Return to Warcraft

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login