It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:05 am
Change font size
Forum Home Public Easterlings

Easterlings

The Variags of Khand

A player-driven initiative to create and document SoI's newest race.

Moderator: Elder Staff

The Variags of Khand

Postby Zargen » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:19 pm

IMO,wainriders and balchoth don't fit quite as well for this setting as the Variags would. From what I've gathered the axe-wielding, fork-bearded berserker type that what we are aiming for is literally the Variags to a T. And while they are expert horsemen. They are not quite as chariot-centric as the other easterling factions; which makes little sense to have given the heavily forest region that we operate in.

Theres not much else I can add to this discussion other than the above. Documention on the Variags is relatively scarce outside of "savages with axes and bows who came with the wainriders" And that they just-so-happened to appear in this particular part of the world. They seem to have a sort of Mongol theme to them from a cursory google search. I suppose enterprising SOIers can build some docs. I had enough of that with the balchoth :lol:
Zargen
Honored Dwarf

Re: The Variags of Khand

Postby Zargen » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:34 pm

Zargen
Honored Dwarf

Postby PhocsM » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:47 pm

According to the third link they would be like Easterlings with a touch of Viking culture, probably on the military part, or Northmen who settled in Khand, personally I like the first more, as if they were huns bearing axes.
"A lithe, magic orange fox with a maniacal grin stares at you with beady eyes"
PhocsM
Forum Hobbit

Postby tehkory » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:04 pm

PhocsM wrote:According to the third link they would be like Easterlings with a touch of Viking culture, probably on the military part, or Northmen who settled in Khand, personally I like the first more, as if they were huns bearing axes.

Problem with Khand is that the only thing on the map further away than Khand is Umbar.
tehkory
Master Ent

Return to Easterlings

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login