It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:19 pm
Change font size
Forum Home Public Orcs

Orcs

Costs of items

All things yrkin. A place for Staff and players alike to use this space to coordinate RPTs and in-game events. Please keep in-character information off of this board.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Costs of items

Postby Nan0technician » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:48 pm

While I agree, the costs of most items for "Tarks" should be set in place they are in the business of making "Shinies" however, I think that the tribal nature of the Goblins, shouldn't have a cost to the items we need to survive.
1) How are we supposed to make this cash.
A) Raiding,
B) Selling stuff. (To who) there is noone to sell anything to since we are a communal mind.
2) Perhaps not putting "Merchants" in the Orc caves and putting in more "Traders".

These are simply just ideas on my side is all.
What are all your opinions.
Nan0technician
Verified Member

Re: Costs of items

Postby Onasaki » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:03 pm

I agree. The prices for objects at the merchant in the warren is EXTREMELY too overpriced.

He's a fat, hoarding bastard. >.>
I have two forces by my side
One's the truth and one's a lie
Which one's which I cannot tell
This enigma is my hell

Onasaki
Honored Elf

Postby Icarus » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:23 pm

Going to be giving you lot paydays
[Petition: Player] I am ready to begin my interdimensional adventure.

A mutilated little orc murmurs, nodding as he mutters,
"I fought good today. Yuh. Fought good, 'specially for bein' the kitchen-snaga. Yuh, I did."
Icarus
Staffer Emeritus

Postby LadyMizra » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:16 pm

All the orcs are going to rally up and kill the fat man. <.< For dah stuffs.
LadyMizra
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Nan0technician » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:34 pm

Icarus wrote:Going to be giving you lot paydays

I like the idea that is "Going to be implemented" with the travelling caravan, it will be a way to get coins to trade. My single issue is still, why do orcs "need" shinies. Other than the one person who sells things in the cave and now the caravan. I'd like to see orcs do away with the monetary system all together inside the cave, and pool resources to get whats best for everyone. That is the kind of mentality I see them having at least. We need ore, okay, we go forage ore, we need hides, we don't have to go to far for that either. We need tools, trade the caravan for them "oocly" Have the clan leader make a list of wants/desires and email it to the powers that be and say in exchange for X we will give X.
What I am not saying, is I'll give you three warg hides for a steel claymore, no, make that claymore worth a substantial bit more. Say Ten warg hides, five boar hides, and ten lizard hides, and then a fair amount of Ore too like ten chunks of bog-ore. (This is just an example btw.) And only have a couple available per exchange too.
I'm just not getting still why a group of degenerates with bad personal hygiene really want them shinies so bad.

Anyone else want to chime in?
Nan0technician
Verified Member

Postby Zargen » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:23 pm

Icarus wrote:Going to be giving you lot paydays

Personally I'm against this because I don't see monies as really necessary to the survival of the group and more as a 'easy out' for situations where players don't feel like putting in the man hours. But not many players have been doing this for as long so I'll just go sit over here and wave a cane.
Zargen
Honored Dwarf

Postby Onasaki » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:50 pm

Now that we have metal. People have been working their asses off. We just need a good stock of wood, now.
I have two forces by my side
One's the truth and one's a lie
Which one's which I cannot tell
This enigma is my hell

Onasaki
Honored Elf

Postby krelm » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:39 pm

The only reason I could see for money was to get things that you otherwise can't craft-- armor and weapon repair kits for example, or random tools that we need now but haven't branched.
One among the fence.
krelm
Calce Ferio asini Operarius

Postby Tiamat » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:14 pm

I'd definitely agree that orcs aren't the sort to invest in having "shinies" unless it was, well, really shiny and awesome for their status in a tribe. I think it'd be more likely that orcs probably trade in goods, selling carcasses, meat, wood, the lot, for tokens that they can trade in for other things. This can take the form of currency as we know now it, but orcs don't need to get coins in bulk.

The easiest coded solution I can think of is to simply make a quartermaster that accepts carcasses and stuff to trade for a small amount of money. You then use the money at some 3rd party trader (some Haradrim or whatever) to get your goods. It makes more thematic sense than for orcs to be lugging around lots of change or having paydays.
Tiamat
Honored Elf

Postby radioactivejesus » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:26 am

this thread warrants a bump. The only current source of money flowing into the tribe is through newbies, with no other way to get money. This wouldn't be a bad thing, but twine required to make armour costs money, and repair kits required to keep armour intact costs money too. Since there's a constant need of money to get repair kits, and a finite amount of money available, things will eventually go past the breaking point and the average orc will be KO'ing newbies the second they enter, just so that he can have clothing again
A really bad sword with a short blade lies here.
look sword
This sword hardly even a sword. It's kind of really just a piece of metal bent like a sword. Its blade is rather short. Kind of pathetic, really.
radioactivejesus
Ent Sapling

Return to Orcs

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login