It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:36 pm
Change font size

General Discussion

Utterby Iron can now be found in the General Store.

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Utterby Iron can now be found in the General Store.

Postby Matt » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:38 pm

Wait.. so humans can just buy iron?
Matt
Ent Sapling

Re: Utterby Iron can now be found in the General Store.

Postby Matt » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:40 pm

80 50.00 cp 10 round ingot of bog-irons

So can orcs apparently. Whhhhhy?
Matt
Ent Sapling

Postby RiderOnTheStorm » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:49 pm

Are those 50cp each, or 50cp for 10.
RiderOnTheStorm
Elf Recruit

Postby Tiamat » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:50 pm

Wait what? As long as this iron can't be used to make really good armor/weapons, that's not terrible.
Tiamat
Honored Elf

Postby Jeshin » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:50 pm

Dare I point out that if the staff don't feel ready to implement forageable iron or whatever, they may be injecting some iron supply into both spheres for item creation and upkeep?
Jeshin
Elf Recruit

Postby Icarus » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:51 pm

They are 50cp each.

Iron is /expensive/ in this area of the world, and rare. Not many folks will have the kind of coin to purchase any meaningful amount of the stuff.

(and people have like... no iron at all atm. We needed a bit of an injection that would let crafters actually craft)
[Petition: Player] I am ready to begin my interdimensional adventure.

A mutilated little orc murmurs, nodding as he mutters,
"I fought good today. Yuh. Fought good, 'specially for bein' the kitchen-snaga. Yuh, I did."
Icarus
Staffer Emeritus

Postby Letters » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:51 pm

For what it's worth, at the current pace, with the way Utterby is set up, and nobody to really micromanage crafters - like I know I did the hell out of at the start of PRPI to get things moving - it will be a long time indeed before humans can even get basic poor quality armour, much less weaponry, or the ability to go stave for iron (lone sneaky people notwithstanding). Actually, that whole topic might warrant discussion elsewhere.
A skeletal, pig-tailed-haired male teen says,
"Prepare to meet your doom, loping man. It is I, loitering person, your nemesis."
Letters
Elf Recruit

Postby Matt » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:53 pm

You can scav iron in the bog. I just don't understand why even put it up for sale if it's supposed to be rare? Orcs get 200 cp starting coin don't do humans? You can just save your coin going in and buy 4 full ingots of iron if you wanted to.
Matt
Ent Sapling

Postby RiderOnTheStorm » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:55 pm

Letters wrote:For what it's worth, at the current pace, with the way Utterby is set up, and nobody to really micromanage crafters - like I know I did the hell out of at the start of PRPI to get things moving - it will be a long time indeed before humans can even get basic poor quality armour, much less weaponry, or the ability to go stave for iron (lone sneaky people notwithstanding). Actually, that whole topic might warrant discussion elsewhere.

Trying to be an armorer looks terrible, from a newbie@crafting's point of view.

You need Textilecraft, Leathercraft, Metalcraft, Armoring, and supposedly Artistry. Just to be an armorer? Or am I mistaken?

And the needing textile part is kind of terrible since you're never going to use that skill once you get 'good' at armoring.
RiderOnTheStorm
Elf Recruit

Postby Icarus » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:56 pm

(we actually reduced the amount of starter coin by a fair bit)

"I fought good today. Yuh. Fought good, 'specially for bein' the kitchen-snaga. Yuh, I did."
Icarus
Staffer Emeritus

Postby Letters » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:56 pm

Matt wrote:You can scav iron in the bog. I just don't understand why even put it up for sale if it's supposed to be rare? Orcs get 200 cp starting coin don't do humans? You can just save your coin going in and buy 4 full ingots of iron if you wanted to.

That's kind of my point from above. Orcs can forage for iron there. Have you seen the state of affairs human-side? It just ain't happening nor will it happen soon that I can see.
A skeletal, pig-tailed-haired male teen says,
"Prepare to meet your doom, loping man. It is I, loitering person, your nemesis."
Letters
Elf Recruit

Postby BoogtehWoog » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:58 pm

Icarus wrote:(we actually reduced the amount of starter coin by a fair bit)

You must have heard I was coming! :evil:
BoogtehWoog
Elf Recruit

Postby Matt » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:58 pm

That's great that starter coin was reduced! You humans may want to organize better.
Matt
Ent Sapling

Postby tehkory » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:03 pm

Matt wrote:You can scav iron in the bog. I just don't understand why even put it up for sale if it's supposed to be rare? Orcs get 200 cp starting coin don't do humans? You can just save your coin going in and buy 4 full ingots of iron if you wanted to.

It's two 30 minute timers to forage iron. Up to three chunks for that. Even if you only take out two people with forage(this is low and -only- going to become lower, that's 1-3 chunks every hour. Humanside could use a boost right now, given the item disparity going on. We started 2 days behind, after all, and we didn't even have access to clanhalls until our second day, Matt. We don't get much support for these clans until tomorrow, either.

I understand being worried, but this isn't going to lead to the human sphere overwhelming the orc one. You can relax on that count.
tehkory
Master Ent

Postby Throttle » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:06 pm

You need Textilecraft, Leathercraft, Metalcraft, Armoring, and supposedly Artistry. Just to be an armorer? Or am I mistaken?

It probably only really takes leatherworking and armorcraft. Textilecraft just makes the padded stuff which nobody will want, and there's no metal armour in the game (at least it's not on the published craft list). Armorcrafting actually looks pretty easy since hides are plentiful and the craftset is easy to branch, unlike weaponcrafting which is incredibly diluted with all sorts of stuff.
You notice a gigantic orb spider with raw-umber patterning's attention shift toward you!
You notice a giant orb spider with night patterning's attention shift toward you!
You notice a rugged orb spider with sepia patterning's attention shift toward you!
Throttle
Honored Elf

Postby Mithrandur » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:11 pm

Matt wrote:Orcs get 200 cp starting coin

Time to shop.

Mithrandur
Honored Dwarf

Postby Mithrandur » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:14 pm

Throttle wrote:

It probably only really takes leatherworking and armorcraft. Textilecraft just makes the padded stuff which nobody will want, and there's no metal armour in the game (at least it's not on the published craft list). Armorcrafting actually looks pretty easy since hides are plentiful and the craftset is easy to branch, unlike weaponcrafting which is incredibly diluted with all sorts of stuff.

Wait, you mean you -don't- want 10 different craft branches for different shield types or 5 branches of slightly different spear varieties?

Get out.
Mithrandur
Honored Dwarf

Postby Icarus » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:17 pm

*is cracking up*

Icarus
Staffer Emeritus

Postby Tiamat » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:19 pm

WHERE ARE ZE PATTERNS?
Tiamat
Honored Elf

Postby toofast » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:25 pm

Where's my full iron plate?
toofast
Elf Recruit

Postby toofast » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:30 pm

tehkory wrote:

It's two 30 minute timers to forage iron. Up to three chunks for that. Even if you only take out two people with forage(this is low and -only- going to become lower, that's 1-3 chunks every hour. Humanside could use a boost right now, given the item disparity going on. We started 2 days behind, after all, and we didn't even have access to clanhalls until our second day, Matt. We don't get much support for these clans until tomorrow, either.

I understand being worried, but this isn't going to lead to the human sphere overwhelming the orc one. You can relax on that count.

On the first day, orcs poured out of the cave and got slaughtered by OP wildlife, wildlife that was nerfed before you had to suffer through it. We killed each other, bathed in blood, threw snagas into the pits. Our sponsored clans were player-run groups that carved out their name in blood, our clanhalls were crevices in the tunnels. YOU DONT KNOW WHAT HELL IVE BEEN THROUGH KORY, U DONT KNOW ME!!!

Yeah, but seriously, the only advantage that the orcs have had is a few devoted crafters and then a big group of fighters that hasn't been demolished yet when leaving base. :nom:
toofast
Elf Recruit

Postby Icarus » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:36 pm

Wildlife actually hasn't been nerfed. Just fixed. That and we made it so you could actually find your way back in... Which caused 6 deaths.

Though my word you orcs are industrious!!!

Icarus
Staffer Emeritus

Postby RiderOnTheStorm » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:37 pm

I have to admit, having seen where the orc base is (I think), the human side got off way easy. Unless I'm mistaken, the orcs have spiders/snakes/boars/wargs/wolves literally at their door.
RiderOnTheStorm
Elf Recruit

Postby toofast » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:41 pm

Not to mention boars and wandering wargs in their base.
toofast
Elf Recruit

Postby tehkory » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:43 pm

toofastnig wrote:
tehkory wrote:

On the first day, orcs poured out of the cave and got slaughtered by OP wildlife, wildlife that was nerfed before you had to suffer through it. We killed each other, bathed in blood, threw snagas into the pits. Our sponsored clans were player-run groups that carved out their name in blood, our clanhalls were crevices in the tunnels. YOU DONT KNOW WHAT HELL IVE BEEN THROUGH KORY, U DONT KNOW ME!!!

Yeah, but seriously, the only advantage that the orcs have had is a few devoted crafters and then a big group of fighters that hasn't been demolished yet when leaving base. :nom:

Funnily enough, you just listed every reason why the orc sphere is incredibly strong/resilient, down to a tee.
tehkory
Master Ent

Next

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login