It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:45 pm
Change font size
Forum Home Public Utterby

Utterby

Utterby Wish List

A place for Staff and players alike to use to coordinate RPTs and in-game events. No IC info, please.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby Matt » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:15 pm

That sounds like the fishing craft might need to be changed to represent the time. Though you are getting it for zero risk.
Matt
Ent Sapling

Postby Jeshin » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:19 pm

The Ironwood Inn does indeed buy fish. If the NPC doesn't simply talk with a PC about it.
Jeshin
Elf Recruit

Postby Hazgarn » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:21 pm

The NPC buys fillets, but not whole cleaned fish.
SOI Mirkwood Map
SOI Wilderlands Map

I am also a Guide. Feel free to contact me through AIM or PM with questions about the game.
Hazgarn
Cartographer

Postby MrDvAnt » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:24 pm

Find a PC butcher and ask to have it cut up. You can tip them a bit of your earnings.
MrDvAnt
Honored Elf

Postby Hazgarn » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:26 pm

Yeah, I wasn't stating that as a problem, merely being specific in case they'd tried to sell whole fish and been refused. :)
SOI Mirkwood Map
SOI Wilderlands Map

I am also a Guide. Feel free to contact me through AIM or PM with questions about the game.
Hazgarn
Cartographer

Postby WildGiller » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:15 am

Graveyard/funeral pyre/etc.

I'm tired of stepping over naked shredded up human corpses and trying not to flip out ICly >.>
WildGiller
Honored Dwarf

Postby Jeshin » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:22 am

You'll walk around dead corpses and like it! We still need to do the black death RPT from all the diseased flesh we have laying around! Bring on more super rat NPCs!
Jeshin
Elf Recruit

Postby Icarus » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:55 am

You have grave crafts. Use them.
[Petition: Player] I am ready to begin my interdimensional adventure.

A mutilated little orc murmurs, nodding as he mutters,
"I fought good today. Yuh. Fought good, 'specially for bein' the kitchen-snaga. Yuh, I did."
Icarus
Staffer Emeritus

Postby MrDvAnt » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:43 am

And stop leaving dead animals rotting inside the walls for days...
MrDvAnt
Honored Elf

Postby Throttle » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:46 am

Things that can be dealt with IC are best done so.
You notice a gigantic orb spider with raw-umber patterning's attention shift toward you!
You notice a giant orb spider with night patterning's attention shift toward you!
You notice a rugged orb spider with sepia patterning's attention shift toward you!
Throttle
Honored Elf

Postby MrDvAnt » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:00 am

Throttle wrote:Things that can be dealt with IC are best done so.

Thank you for the words of wisdom.
MrDvAnt
Honored Elf

Postby soiacc » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:42 pm

Sometimes that might seem an ic thing, but some players are new and they don't understand that this isn't like a h/s mud where you can take anything or drop anything without there sometimes being in game consequences. If they're doing it because their character just doesn't care, that's one thing, but if they're doing it because ooh, exp SKILLS, meh don't actually need to hunt, so I'll just leave that there...that's an ooc issue.
soiacc
Honored Dwarf

Postby Hazgarn » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:14 pm

I've run into a few newer players in the lounge who didn't seem to be up on the RPI standards and rules.

Are the rules posted anywhere that is easily accessible? I don't think I saw them anywhere on the forums (link me if I'm wrong) and searching "rules" in the in-game help gives the help file for "Release" and searching "OOC" brings up the OOC communication command and an extremely obsolete article on the OOC procedures for pursuing mastercraft skills in Tur Edendor. :(
SOI Mirkwood Map
SOI Wilderlands Map

Hazgarn
Cartographer

Postby RiderOnTheStorm » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:36 pm

Can you move the 2 shopkeepers in the trading yard please, so they aren't in the same room?

I realize there's a way to interact with both shopkeepers, but that's assuming someone /realizes/ there's two shopkeepers in the room.
RiderOnTheStorm
Elf Recruit

Postby soiacc » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:45 am

Large bins for the Lodge? It would help clear up the clutter in the places that are cluttered.
soiacc
Honored Dwarf

Postby WildGiller » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:41 am

Icarus wrote:You have grave crafts. Use them.

We need a depressing bin of grave-diggers shovels at the gate then.

A skull-etched bin is here by the gate to the forest, holding many well-used shovels and tomb marking stones.
WildGiller
Honored Dwarf

Postby soiacc » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:58 pm

The ability to chop firewood. It seems silly with so many trees around that we have to scrap around for sticks.
soiacc
Honored Dwarf

Postby Hazgarn » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:03 pm

If the worry is about people twinking for logs and spam-chopping firewood out of it, remember that firewood from felled trees has to be seasoned and dried out. With a little bit of waiting on it, I don't think a firewood-from-logs craft would be too exploitable.
SOI Mirkwood Map
SOI Wilderlands Map

Hazgarn
Cartographer

Postby soiacc » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:12 pm

That is how it was done on the old Soi. It morphed with a timer.
soiacc
Honored Dwarf

Postby MrDvAnt » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:20 pm

We need a

a solid, plated, $metaltype press.

For making fish oil.
MrDvAnt
Honored Elf

Postby MarsGrad » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:40 am

Doors that check if you're a guard leading to anywhere further than the training yard. There's definitely a specific term for them, but I don't know it. The ones where you knock and are let in?

Also clan gossip boards. I don't remember seeing one in the Lodge last time I was allowed in, but that might have changed. The Guard house, however, doesn't have one.
MarsGrad
Verified Member

Postby Mithrandur » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:48 am

MarsGrad wrote:Doors that check if you're a guard leading to anywhere further than the training yard. There's definitely a specific term for them, but I don't know it. The ones where you knock and are let in?

Also clan gossip boards. I don't remember seeing one in the Lodge last time I was allowed in, but that might have changed. The Guard house, however, doesn't have one.

Basically a clanhall. NPCs will open the door if you're part of the clan, and won't if you aren't. Currently the Lodge already has this set up, however if you have 4 exits to one room and all are locked, then a doorguard might not be the best option (unless he's in a central location).
Mithrandur
Honored Dwarf

Postby RiderOnTheStorm » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:51 am

I wish change didn't get made.

Spending 1 copper and magically having 3 gold worth of assorted coin become '3 gold coins' makes me sad.

Could use a change maker NPC somewhere. Trade 1 gold for 10 silver, 1 silver for 10 copper.
RiderOnTheStorm
Elf Recruit

Postby kestrel » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:12 am

If they don't have them yet, NPC boards for the Lodge and Guard Hall are probably worth adding, if for no other reason than to help on within-clan communication (e.g. we're doing a logging trip in three days; the far woods have been cleared of wolves; hello I'm the new clan member; etc.).
kestrel
Honored Dwarf

Postby Mithrandur » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:21 am

Instead of horses, I propose we instead have these magical beasts to ride around in style.

In seriousness though, boards for the Guard and the Lodge would likely be good since we are now getting officer positions put in place with each.
Mithrandur
Honored Dwarf

PreviousNext

Return to Utterby

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login