It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:37 am
Change font size

General Discussion

On Entitlement or Perceived Entitlement

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

On Entitlement or Perceived Entitlement

Postby WorkerDrone » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:10 pm

Just for the record, I'm not accusing anyone of this, and I won't directly quote Songweaver because it might come off as if the issue was completely stemming from the people directly involved in that discussion, but rather that perhaps it deserved to be touched on by someone with their own opinion one one end of the sliding scale of cynicism.

I don't think things were sunshine and rainbows even up to the point of Atonement Alpha, though the discontent was directed across aisles within the playerbase, and never reached up towards the admins directly--no one expected or demanded admin intervention--or those who did clearly weren't aware that the admins weren't very available at the time, and thus these feelings were made trivialized and died out with the discontent.

People have always been cynical, people have always had a sour taste about something in the RPI community, and sometimes it has stemmed from the admins and the way they run things, or the way players are allowed to run things by the admins, for lack of any interpretation to the rules.

This isn't the part where I say, "I have nothing but respect for the admins that make the game run"--I have nothing but respect for people like Nimrod. I respect Icarus because he has done good things, but it doesn't mean I have nothing but respect for Icarus like I do for Nimrod. I am a biased person.

We are all biased people, but if the issue here is the tone of discussion and the expectations of the community, than I can merely say this.

No matter your level of respect for each individual admin, or each of the collective staff, you should have less expectations and more praise, because you'll find them more receptive to issues brought up in casual discussion on the forums than outright complaints on the state of affairs. All the while, a happy admin is a productive admin, and an admin that finds it a chore to even log in...

You get the idea.
I hope you die right now, will you drink my chemical?

Brian wrote:See, the thing that I admire about WorkerDrone is that he's an optimist!

:lol:
WorkerDrone
Guide

Re: On Entitlement or Perceived Entitlement

Postby BoogtehWoog » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:19 pm

I think everyone wants Shadows of Isildur to succeed and for that to occur there must be cooperation at all levels. From the players to the players to the players to the staff and to the staff with each other. Be respectful to each other and of others contributions. If you have a critique on the game, express it in a thoughtful manner. It doesn't have to be in a negative tone to be critical. And if you have a problem with someone, keep it private. Don't air your grievances on the forum. It just creates a bad atmosphere.

I hope we all have a good time with this game. It is good to be back here.
BoogtehWoog
Elf Recruit

Re: On Entitlement or Perceived Entitlement

Postby WorkerDrone » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:27 pm

BoogtehWoog wrote:I think everyone wants Shadows of Isildur to succeed and for that to occur there must be cooperation at all levels. From the players to the players to the players to the staff and to the staff with each other. Be respectful to each other and of others contributions. If you have a critique on the game, express it in a thoughtful manner. It doesn't have to be in a negative tone to be critical. And if you have a problem with someone, keep it private. Don't air your grievances on the forum. It just creates a bad atmosphere.

I hope we all have a good time with this game. It is good to be back here.

This is basically what I want out of everyone.
I hope you die right now, will you drink my chemical?

Brian wrote:See, the thing that I admire about WorkerDrone is that he's an optimist!

:lol:
WorkerDrone
Guide

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login