Change font size

General Discussion

Arrows seem too powerful

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Re: Arrows seem too powerful

Postby MrDvAnt » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:57 pm

BoogtehWoog wrote:
Nimrod wrote:Like Icarus said, on the Player Port we have orcs, who are more than happy to test things out for us. On the Builder Port we have Khamul. That guy can sure take an arrow.

Staff are using Orcs as test subjects!

#YesAllOrcs. SOI players against Orc testing rise up! :x :mrgreen:

#No

I like my lipstick to be orc tested first.
MrDvAnt
Honored Elf

Postby Icarus » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:08 pm

#reroll4life
[Petition: Player] I am ready to begin my interdimensional adventure.

A mutilated little orc murmurs, nodding as he mutters,
"I fought good today. Yuh. Fought good, 'specially for bein' the kitchen-snaga. Yuh, I did."
Icarus
Staffer Emeritus

Postby Raukran » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:41 am

I've been using one of the bow skills extensively. In fact, I don't even have a melee combat skill. I agree with Tiamat here, and I feel that they're pretty fine where they are. Killing boars and wolves take forever to bleed out, and for the most part, the arrows lodge if they are a direct hit. Personally, I've only heard of a couple of through shots, and they were on small creatures. I'd hate to reduce the effectiveness of bows now because of lack of armor. Also, I've shot at a handful of orcs, and I've yet to kill one of them that I know of. Without getting into too much IC info, when I was harassing them, my shots weren't effective enough to have them chase after me, and they weren't using cover either.

If this sort of gameplay is twinkish, then I've been under the wrong impression. I personally consider hunting with a bow to be more realistic and practical than chasing after a deer with an axe. I'd hate to see the variety and creativity of skill builds limited to you by default having to choose two melee combat skills to be effective in anything combative.
I am not responsible for the actions of my characters.
Raukran
Unverified User

Postby LuckyV » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:43 am

Rangers of Ithilien anyone? They had old bows and were deadly snipers. With these bows I won't step out of town once orcs raise their hide, sneak and longbow skills.

Melee combat R.I.P. your days are over.
LuckyV
Dwarf Recruit

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login