It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:09 am
Change font size
Forum Home Public Crafts

Crafts

wood-weaponcraft weapon hafts

Suggest crafts, talk about existing crafts, debate the finer points of your craftiness.

Moderator: Elder Staff

wood-weaponcraft weapon hafts

Postby Mithrandur » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:52 pm

Right, this might come as a shock at my previous complaint about a lack of firewood, however the weapon haft crafts in the wood-weaponcraft tree I feel might be way too abusable as they are in that, a failed craft nets you an entire bundle of firewood right off the bat for only 1 use of a wooden block. (crafts tested so far include plain-wooden-haft and short-haft from the wood-weaponcraft tree)

Given that the craft has 2 skill requirements, so long as you notice you pass the first it's easy enough to simply 'stop' and start over so you don't incur a timer penalty. Or, simply try to make a weapon haft you have 0% chance of making if you have one as an opener.

Putting this into perspective, one tree = 12 blocks
12 blocks = 120 uses
120 uses = 120 bundles of firewood, with no craft timer at all, and the fail message normally would kick in at about 10 seconds.

I figure the most balanced way to fix this would be to make the fail obj be A pile of uneven and broken scrap wood rather than a full bundle of firewood
Mithrandur
Honored Dwarf

Re: wood-weaponcraft weapon hafts

Postby Nailah » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:24 pm

This was fixed on the two aforementioned crafts, let me know if there are more that seem unbalanced.
Nailah
Honored Dwarf

Postby Mithrandur » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:35 pm

Nailah wrote:This was fixed on the two aforementioned crafts, let me know if there are more that seem unbalanced.

Double-checked and
Wood-weaponcraft: make short-haft

still produces a full bundle of firewood on failure. Not sure about plain-wood-haft as I can't seem to fail often enough to check.
Mithrandur
Honored Dwarf

Postby Meneldor » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:38 pm

It is most likely this was fixed on the builder port and has not yet been brought over.
Meneldor
Raptor Overlord

Postby Nailah » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:48 pm

Meneldor wrote:It is most likely this was fixed on the builder port and has not yet been brought over.

This. Anything I say is fixed, please give a little time before testing because I don't do the actual swaps and reboots.
Nailah
Honored Dwarf

Postby Throttle » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:46 am

Hijacking this for general wood-weaponcrafthing stuff:

Eight different crafts for variations of the same wooden shield is a bit much. I doubt if anyone will ever ask for a coffin shield or a wing-shaped shield. It seems these could be cut down to round, kite and heater shield or something like that. You also seem to branch these all in sequence, so it'll take a good two or three days to grind your way through the shield crafts before you can start learning things of actual use again.
You notice a gigantic orb spider with raw-umber patterning's attention shift toward you!
You notice a giant orb spider with night patterning's attention shift toward you!
You notice a rugged orb spider with sepia patterning's attention shift toward you!
Throttle
Honored Elf

Postby Tiamat » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:18 am

This is being fixed when I entirely revamp weaponcrafting. It'll take some time though. So bear with me.
Tiamat
Honored Elf

Postby Matt » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:21 am

Tiamat wrote:This is being fixed when I entirely revamp weaponcrafting. It'll take some time though. So bear with me.

Can you also take a look at armoring? It's impossible to get hides to make gambesons/leggings by hunting. Unless you're extremely lucky and kill a deer.
Matt
Ent Sapling

Postby Tiamat » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:19 am

Matt: I can take a look when I get around to it, and Icarus doesn't mind me working on armorcrafting.
Tiamat
Honored Elf

Return to Crafts

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login