Moderator: Elder Staff

Craft Timers

Postby BoogtehWoog » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:44 am

That is so awesome. Thanks, staff! 8-)
BoogtehWoog
Elf Recruit

Re: Craft Timers

Postby Throttle » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:47 am

Does this refer to the general new system for craft timers, or a change that was made just today? So far, the craft timer "bank" has been 48 hours, not 24.
You notice a gigantic orb spider with raw-umber patterning's attention shift toward you!
You notice a giant orb spider with night patterning's attention shift toward you!
You notice a rugged orb spider with sepia patterning's attention shift toward you!
Throttle
Honored Elf

Postby Icarus » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:48 am

We reduced the amount from 48 to 24.
[Petition: Player] I am ready to begin my interdimensional adventure.

A mutilated little orc murmurs, nodding as he mutters,
"I fought good today. Yuh. Fought good, 'specially for bein' the kitchen-snaga. Yuh, I did."
Icarus
Staffer Emeritus

Postby Throttle » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:51 am

Alrighty.
You notice a gigantic orb spider with raw-umber patterning's attention shift toward you!
You notice a giant orb spider with night patterning's attention shift toward you!
You notice a rugged orb spider with sepia patterning's attention shift toward you!
Throttle
Honored Elf

Postby BoogtehWoog » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:52 am

I'm accustomed to the old SOI system, so this is all very positive to me. :)
BoogtehWoog
Elf Recruit

Postby Letters » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:53 am

Hey, cool. Presumably it eats up the skill-modified time from the bank rather than the base time?
A skeletal, pig-tailed-haired male teen says,
"Prepare to meet your doom, loping man. It is I, loitering person, your nemesis."
Letters
Elf Recruit

Postby Throttle » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:58 am

It seems to. I've been able to do a 60 minute craft without the timer ticking up an hour.
Throttle
Honored Elf

Postby Bones » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:09 am

It's either too early, or I'm unable to understand..

A time bank of 24 hours.. And how often does this bank refill?
Nimrod banned me for 7 days.
Bones
Elf Recruit

Postby BoogtehWoog » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:10 am

Bones wrote:It's either too early, or I'm unable to understand..

A time bank of 24 hours.. And how often does this bank refill?

I would assume every 24 hours. :P
BoogtehWoog
Elf Recruit

Postby Icarus » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:10 am

In real time.

So, I craft 24 hours worth of stuff. I wait 24 hours. The bank has refilled by that point.
[Petition: Player] I am ready to begin my interdimensional adventure.

A mutilated little orc murmurs, nodding as he mutters,
"I fought good today. Yuh. Fought good, 'specially for bein' the kitchen-snaga. Yuh, I did."
Icarus
Staffer Emeritus

Postby Bones » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:14 am

That's.. pretty amazing actually.. Will it be on a global reset? Or do you have to use your WHOLE 24 hours, before you start the 24 hour reset?

Example:

I use 12 hours worth of crafts during the day, out of my 24. And then decide I'm done. Will my bank reset at midnight? Or 6 am, etc? Or do I need to get down to 0, wait 24 hours, and then be good?
Nimrod banned me for 7 days.
Bones
Elf Recruit

Postby RiderOnTheStorm » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:23 am

I was thinking it's more like.....

You have 24 hours. You use 10. You're now at 14 hours. In 5 hours from now you're be at 19, in 6 hours at 20, 7 hours at 21.

Maybe I'm mistaken though.
RiderOnTheStorm
Elf Recruit

Postby Tiamat » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:33 am

The only time you won't be allowed to craft is if the craft you're performing exceeds your twenty-four hour "bank" limit. So if you're at twenty-four hours, naturally you won't be able to craft anything that requires a timer. Any time else? Craft away merrily.
Tiamat
Honored Elf

Postby Throttle » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:48 am

Bones wrote:I use 12 hours worth of crafts during the day, out of my 24. And then decide I'm done. Will my bank reset at midnight? Or 6 am, etc? Or do I need to get down to 0, wait 24 hours, and then be good?

It simply ticks down in real time. It doesn't reset at any point, it just constantly counts down towards 0 and you can craft anytime your timer isn't full (24h).

Think of it as a bucket with a hole in the bottom that can contain 24 gallons but spills 1 gallon per hour.
Throttle
Honored Elf

Postby Erythil » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:46 pm

This is very nice, and it does help those of us who can't log in as frequently as some. Lets us stay 'on par,' I guess.

It's been mentioned that crafting frequently in search of skill-ups or branches is a bad idea, however. This may not be the sort of thing staff wants to reveal, but...

Does failure or success help you skill up more?

Do all skills share the same limit on how often you can skill up, or do they each have an independent internal timer?

Just how long, approximately, is said internal timer? A day of game time? A day of real time?
Erythil
Dwarf Recruit

Postby toofast » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:48 pm

Erythil wrote:This is very nice, and it does help those of us who can't log in as frequently as some. Lets us stay 'on par,' I guess.

It's been mentioned that crafting frequently in search of skill-ups or branches is a bad idea, however. This may not be the sort of thing staff wants to reveal, but...

Do all skills share the same limit on how often you can skill up, or do they each have an independent internal timer?

Just how long, approximately, is said internal timer? A day of game time? A day of real time?

I think you can only skill up on failures.

Each skill has an independent internal timer.

The timer is one hour, I believe, and is even less depending on how high your int is. I believe one hour is the base for average intelligence. However one hour is a mark even if you have peak int.
toofast
Elf Recruit

Postby Mithrandur » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:17 pm

toofastnig wrote:
Erythil wrote:This is very nice, and it does help those of us who can't log in as frequently as some. Lets us stay 'on par,' I guess.

I think you can only skill up on failures.

Each skill has an independent internal timer.

The timer is one hour, I believe, and is even less depending on how high your int is. I believe one hour is the base for average intelligence. However one hour is a mark even if you have peak int.

You can very much skill up on passes as well, however you are more than likely to get it from a fail than a pass is my understanding.
Mithrandur
Honored Dwarf

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login