It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:35 am
Change font size
Forum Home Public Utterby

Utterby

Utterby Wish List

A place for Staff and players alike to use to coordinate RPTs and in-game events. No IC info, please.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby Jeshin » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:22 pm

I too wish for these vechicles.
Jeshin
Elf Recruit

Postby ThinkTwice » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:55 am

Somewhere in Utterby that sells a flint and tinder kit and pots. -.- Not being able to use my one first-aid craft is frustrating.
ThinkTwice
Honored Dwarf

Postby MrDvAnt » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:08 am

I don't remember who said it, but I liked it, so I'd like to expand on it.

We're supposed to be living in a boomtown, which is why the majority of us came to Utterby. We heard about plenty of work and opportunity, but so far the focus seems to be on keeping us poor and living in squalor.

I'd like to see an NPC selling some kind of luxury items. Perhaps uncraftable or unique type things. As of right now, there's really no reason to save up coin. There's nothing to aspire to, and nothing to make us feel greedy.
MrDvAnt
Honored Elf

Postby LuckyV » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:28 pm

Does Utterby have a well?
LuckyV
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Throttle » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:12 pm

Behind/inside the inn, 1w from the bar.
You notice a gigantic orb spider with raw-umber patterning's attention shift toward you!
You notice a giant orb spider with night patterning's attention shift toward you!
You notice a rugged orb spider with sepia patterning's attention shift toward you!
Throttle
Honored Elf

Postby Vwest » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:17 pm

I wish there were less characters poorly ripped off from certain HBO specials.
Vwest
Verified Member

Postby Hazgarn » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:19 pm

Vwest wrote:I wish there were less characters poorly ripped off from certain HBO specials.

+1

ETA: It's one thing to base a character off of something from a show or book or movie you enjoy, but there's an issue of degree. At a certain point it becomes far too obvious, and becomes less of an homage than out-right copying. It can be very distracting.
SOI Mirkwood Map
SOI Wilderlands Map

I am also a Guide. Feel free to contact me through AIM or PM with questions about the game.
Hazgarn
Cartographer

Postby Matt » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:42 pm

Thirded.
Matt
Ent Sapling

Postby WildGiller » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:13 pm

Not to be that guy, but this sounds a liiiiiiittle bit incredibly specific and prolly more appropriately addressed via private ticket to staff rather than on a public forum... for proprieties sake. Just my two bits.
WildGiller
Honored Dwarf

Postby Mithrandur » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:47 pm

Fiiiiine. Geeze. Ruin my noseless ale-drinking wenching dwarf concept why don't you. Maybe my bald, goatee'd scribe turned marketeer of unsavory goods upon learning he has an incurable disease will fare better.
Mithrandur
Honored Dwarf

Postby Hazgarn » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:10 pm

Taking inspiration for a concept is fine, but I really feel there's a limit about how far the resemblance can go. Past a particular point...well, it gets hard to take the character seriously. And barring a few possible applications of the principle (such as a comic-relief character) that probably isn't what any player wants.

(I didn't play in Atonement Grungetown on for very long, but I vaguely recall a Jay and Silent Bob...)
SOI Mirkwood Map
SOI Wilderlands Map

I am also a Guide. Feel free to contact me through AIM or PM with questions about the game.
Hazgarn
Cartographer

Postby Hawkwind » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:25 pm

WildGiller wrote:Not to be that guy, but this sounds a liiiiiiittle bit incredibly specific and prolly more appropriately addressed via private ticket to staff rather than on a public forum... for proprieties sake. Just my two bits.

It needs to be said in public or it will happen again, base aspects on your favorite fiction but do not rip them from the page, behavior and all.
JESUS CHRIST, THE HELIUM!
PS4 Handle - Roadhawkes
Tags Taken: Eru I, Mavinero I.
Hawkwind
Honored Elf

Postby deerskin » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:06 pm

A clothing and tool vendor.

More RP. Less spammy walk in, take, use, walk out without so much as any realism to the 5+ PCs standing there.
deerskin
Forum Hobbit

Postby Matt » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:35 pm

Most tools can be crafted it seems like and there's a clothier PC in game.
Matt
Ent Sapling

Postby Vwest » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:56 pm

WildGiller wrote:Not to be that guy, but this sounds a liiiiiiittle bit incredibly specific and prolly more appropriately addressed via private ticket to staff rather than on a public forum... for proprieties sake. Just my two bits.

If people are sending in tickets over something as trivial as this, knowing the staff are already completely swamped with a thousand and one more important things, I... honestly wouldn't be the least bit surprised, actually.
Vwest
Verified Member

Postby WildGiller » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:48 pm

Vwest wrote:

If people are sending in tickets over something as trivial as this, knowing the staff are already completely swamped with a thousand and one more important things, I... honestly wouldn't be the least bit surprised, actually.

Welllllll I just meant if someones IC behavior is jarring you, it's best left off the GDB, especially when it's specific enough that even I get the reference.
WildGiller
Honored Dwarf

Postby MrDvAnt » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:52 pm

deerskin wrote:A clothing and tool vendor.

More RP. Less spammy walk in, take, use, walk out without so much as any realism to the 5+ PCs standing there.

Do you talk to everyone you see in your real life day?
MrDvAnt
Honored Elf

Postby Onasaki » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:18 am

Can we keep the sniping at a minimum here? Thank you.

It's perfectly reasonable for people to dislike spam-walkers, and there's no reason to snap at them for speaking up.

Just keep it civil.
I have two forces by my side
One's the truth and one's a lie
Which one's which I cannot tell
This enigma is my hell

Onasaki
Honored Elf

Postby Hazgarn » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:23 am

Spam walking is no fun, but I don't feel it's fair to demand an emote every time someone passes through a room with people in it either. Pausing long enough for one of them to engage with you if they need to is one thing, but sometimes you really do just have someplace to be.
SOI Mirkwood Map
SOI Wilderlands Map

Hazgarn
Cartographer

Postby MrDvAnt » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:56 am

Onasaki wrote:Can we keep the sniping at a minimum here? Thank you.

It's perfectly reasonable for people to dislike spam-walkers, and there's no reason to snap at them for speaking up.

Just keep it civil.

Since I'm the only one who responded I'm assuming you meant me. I didn't snap at anybody, I simply asked if they stopped to talk to everyone they saw in rl.

Don't tell me what to do or how to speak.
MrDvAnt
Honored Elf

Postby Yoink » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:20 am

I don't talk to everyone I see IRL, but they presumably have a chance to engage me in conversation or even simply LOOK at me as I pass by...
Droll wrote:You know they are going to sic an ent on us right?
Forest fire prpt tonight. Bring torches.
Yoink
Dwarf Recruit

Postby MrDvAnt » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:09 am

Yoink wrote:I don't talk to everyone I see IRL, but they presumably have a chance to engage me in conversation or even simply LOOK at me as I pass by...

Possibly, depending on how many people are around. My point was that sometimes people are in a hurry either for IC reason, or OOC like needing to get somewhere and log out, or short on time and wanting to get something done. Obviously it can be frustrating when you want to talk to someone and can't get something typed in time, but you have to try to remember that there are two sides to these encounters. Just chalk it up to "Wow, that guy/girl was in a hurry. Ah well."

Also, I've been mudding since 1995, and this has always been a frustration on RP muds. I've never once seen it make any difference for people to ask others to slow down. So that's where my advice comes from, it's just one of those things you have to take upon yourself to make peace with. :p
MrDvAnt
Honored Elf

Postby LuckyV » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:21 am

WildGiller wrote:
Vwest wrote:

Welllllll I just meant if someones IC behavior is jarring you, it's best left off the GDB, especially when it's specific enough that even I get the reference.

If keyword "HBO character" is too specific and you already know what it's about then maybe that speaks for itself, no?
LuckyV
Dwarf Recruit

Postby ThinkTwice » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:04 am

TIL: I'm the only one who isn't bothered by people ripping off other characters.

If you want to discuss ripping off a character concept blatantly and utterly, how original do you think every tall, dark-haired, steely-eyed killer is? I bet I know how he's going to react to danger, or how the curvacous, red-haired, green-eyed woman is going to react to said soldier. :roll: I don't want to get lost slinging mud, but I feel like y'all are coming down a little hard on this.
ThinkTwice
Honored Dwarf

Postby Jeshin » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:10 am

To get off original or unoriginal character concepts...

I wish for the Master to show up and tell us that due to the excessive firewood gathered in the last IC month. There is a high risk of fire and that is why no one has pipeweed or pipes. The guard has confisicated them!
Jeshin
Elf Recruit

PreviousNext

Return to Utterby

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login