It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:54 pm
Change font size
Forum Home Public Orcs

Orcs

The Orcs: A Perspective After Two Weeks

All things yrkin. A place for Staff and players alike to use this space to coordinate RPTs and in-game events. Please keep in-character information off of this board.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Re: The Orcs: A Perspective After Two Weeks

Postby MrT2G » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:01 pm

Japheth wrote:When the ban came in and was OOCly enforced (rather than ICly enforced)

This.
A curvy, copper-haired woman drops a small, strawberry-blonde toddler girl.
MrT2G
Elf Recruit

Postby toofast » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:07 pm

Matt wrote:Great post by Japheth pretty much sums up why I'm in Utterby now.

This. Japheth's post was great.

I don't see how mentioning the rez was off-topic, or maybe I'm taking Onasaki the wrong way. This thread is about how everyone feels about the orc sphere and mentioning an event that displayed at least one staff member's inability to differentiate between IC and OOC that very quickly turned me away from the sphere as a whole is very relevant.

Regardless, I enjoyed the orc playerbase a ton the first week and had a good time. However, I think the staff -side decisions concerning this sphere should be looked into more carefully. I appreciate the effort that staff has put into the game thus far and I hope the activity continues.

edited to be less of an ass
toofast
Elf Recruit

Postby tehkory » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:38 pm

I'm an outsider. But I think the issue boils down to Striza not "following the orcish ways," essentially. Of course orcs(who have no loyalty to him, only fear), will go to orcs that follow the true orcish ways. It's a matter of "fearing Striza" vs. "loving acting like an orc." And if Striza encourages unnatural behavior(no infighting), then they'll go to the the orcs that encourage their ways. The bleedaway makes sense. He's squeezing too tightly, so he'll bleed orcs until he reigns in bad decisions, no matter how strong he is.

Most rebellions aren't "because I can win." They're on principles and ideals. This is just one of those(even if it is evil, orcish ideals).
tehkory
Master Ent

Previous

Return to Orcs

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login