It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:05 am
Change font size
Forum Home Public Crafts

Crafts

Cloth/Textiles

Suggest crafts, talk about existing crafts, debate the finer points of your craftiness.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Cloth/Textiles

Postby Hazgarn » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:19 pm

There wasn't a general clothing/textile thread, so...now there is.

(If there's already something being done about the rest of this, ignore.)

I'm not playing a clothier currently, but I've heard a lot about how pricey cloth is, because it can only be bought. Understandably seeing production of things like wool, linen and wincey would have to wait until there are farming crafts for sheep and flax. But there's nettle-cloth ingame, and nettle seems like something that could conceivably be foraged. For those that aren't picky (or who want to practice), being able to process nettles and weave cloth from them might be a good opening into the flow of player-provided fabrics into the game.
SOI Mirkwood Map
SOI Wilderlands Map

I am also a Guide. Feel free to contact me through AIM or PM with questions about the game.
Hazgarn
Cartographer

Re: Cloth/Textiles

Postby BoogtehWoog » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:47 pm

This sounds like a very excellent suggestion. Nice work, Hazgarn!
BoogtehWoog
Elf Recruit

Postby Erythil » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:57 pm

One thing I've also noticed is that the cloth available in the market doesn't seem to be restocking. For instance, there was only one bolt of wool available, and it was bought a while ago, but no new bolt of wool has become available. This may be intentional, I'll grant, as we've seen a bunch of cheaper undyed nettle become available.

I'd personally like to see cloth be cheaper and available in more colors as an interim solution until crafts are added to produce it and dye it later on down the line.
Erythil
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Nailah » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:42 pm

BoogtehWoog wrote:This sounds like a very excellent suggestion. Nice work, Hazgarn!

The nettle definitely is an excellent suggestion and a nice stopgap to tide people over til farming.

I believe Frigga is working on some textile balancing, though, and there will be knitting crafts in soon to give textilecraft something more to do in the meantime.
Nailah
Honored Dwarf

Postby WorkerDrone » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:01 pm

Thread/twine made from jute or hemp or other fibrous plants would be nice.
I hope you die right now, will you drink my chemical?

Brian wrote:See, the thing that I admire about WorkerDrone is that he's an optimist!

:lol:
WorkerDrone
Guide

Return to Crafts

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login