It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:43 am
Change font size
Forum Home Public Utterby

Utterby

Utterby Wish List

A place for Staff and players alike to use to coordinate RPTs and in-game events. No IC info, please.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby wilesly » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:25 am

I like how a wishlist thread became a general gripe thread. :D
"Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes."
User avatar
wilesly
Forum Hobbit
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:17 pm

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby WildGiller » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:36 am

I was going to say that but didn't but now I'm going to xD

I wish for mini RPT's!

Mebbe ones that can involve all types of people, not just those of us who are grizzled, rangy, muscular mercenary-turned-hunters.

..Crafters only got so much to do during alpha yo.


Edit: I just read the town laws. Who's up for a public whipping?
Last edited by WildGiller on Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
WildGiller
Honored Dwarf
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 11:55 pm

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby wilesly » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:53 am

WildGiller wrote:I was going to say that but didn't but now I'm going to xD

I wish for mini RPT's!

Mebbe ones that can involve all types of people, not just those of us who are grizzled, rangy, muscular mercenary-turned-hunters.

..Crafters only got so much to do during alpha yo.


*Cracks whip* Back to crafting!
"Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes."
User avatar
wilesly
Forum Hobbit
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:17 pm

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby WildGiller » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:01 pm

Muahaha I didn't even read that before I edited my post.

I suppose that works then!
User avatar
WildGiller
Honored Dwarf
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 11:55 pm

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby Hazgarn » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:07 pm

WildGiller wrote:Edit: I just read the town laws. Who's up for a public whipping?

Public whippings by guardsmen with decent equipment. :lol:
SOI Mirkwood Map
SOI Wilderlands Map

I am also a Guide. Feel free to contact me through AIM or PM with questions about the game.
User avatar
Hazgarn
Cartographer
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 9:35 am
Location: Sacramento, Ca

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby WildGiller » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:11 pm

I wish for craftable whips!

Well ..I guess we have belts. Those bog-iron buckles would leave a wicked welt.
User avatar
WildGiller
Honored Dwarf
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 11:55 pm

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby MrDvAnt » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:12 pm

WildGiller wrote:I wish for craftable whips!

Well ..I guess we have belts. Those bog-iron buckles would leave a wicked welt.


If we could get artistry tools and decorate the buckles, we could leave really cool scars.
MrDvAnt
Honored Elf
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:55 am

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby WildGiller » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:14 pm

Code: Select all
He has a moderate contusion on the left butt-cheek in the shape of the Utterby Merchant Guard Emblem.
User avatar
WildGiller
Honored Dwarf
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 11:55 pm

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby MrDvAnt » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:19 pm

WildGiller wrote:
Code: Select all
He has a moderate contusion on the left butt-cheek in the shape of the Utterby Merchant Guard Emblem.



*snicker*
MrDvAnt
Honored Elf
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:55 am

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby soiacc » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:20 pm

I wish everybody could pick berries/vegetables once the trees/plants are found by the foragers. It seems odd that you'd need a skill for that, maybe foragers could get more berries, with their skilled gathering abilities.
User avatar
soiacc
Honored Dwarf
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:27 am

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby kestrel » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:01 pm

soiacc wrote:I wish everybody could pick berries/vegetables once the trees/plants are found by the foragers. It seems odd that you'd need a skill for that, maybe foragers could get more berries, with their skilled gathering abilities.


Absolutely agreed!
kestrel
Honored Dwarf
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 10:26 am

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby MrDvAnt » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:38 pm

Jeebus..I appreciate people putting time and thought into their characters, but maybe we should have a description length limit. Nobody has time to read a page and a half description or wants to have that much spam just because you dared to look at someone.

Brevity is the soul of wit.
MrDvAnt
Honored Elf
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:55 am

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby Hawkwind » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:38 pm

WildGiller wrote:I wish for craftable whips!

Well ..I guess we have belts. Those bog-iron buckles would leave a wicked welt.


They would break bones.
JESUS CHRIST, THE HELIUM!
PS4 Handle - Roadhawkes
Tags Taken: Eru I, Mavinero I.
User avatar
Hawkwind
Honored Elf
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:46 am
Location: Volga Matushka

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby MrDvAnt » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:40 pm

Hawkwind wrote:
WildGiller wrote:I wish for craftable whips!

Well ..I guess we have belts. Those bog-iron buckles would leave a wicked welt.


They would break bones.


A broken bone is better than having your entire back flayed open when you live in filth so thick you have to clean the dirt crust off your gear every hour.
MrDvAnt
Honored Elf
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:55 am

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby RiderOnTheStorm » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:15 pm

Private rooms so my low strength character can drop shit and actually have it still be there later.
RiderOnTheStorm
Elf Recruit
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:48 pm

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby WildGiller » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:59 pm

MrDvAnt wrote:
Hawkwind wrote:
WildGiller wrote:I wish for craftable whips!

Well ..I guess we have belts. Those bog-iron buckles would leave a wicked welt.


They would break bones.


A broken bone is better than having your entire back flayed open when you live in filth so thick you have to clean the dirt crust off your gear every hour.


It's all that pooping in the street man.
User avatar
WildGiller
Honored Dwarf
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 11:55 pm

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby soiacc » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:19 pm

The only problem that I can see with private space is it could get out of hand. I like the idea of the automated shantytown they had in Atonement, only you'd change the descriptions to be more fitting with the Middle Earth theme. It allowed for everyone who could afford it to be able to have a spot. They could be a group of small cottages/huts. If I remember, each one was two rooms, if you failed to pay rent you were locked out and forced to pay it off if you wanted to get back in. One bedroom, one main room. It could be owned by the town and each unit rented by the players with simple locks and keys, maybe each could have a simple hearth with a smoke hole in the roof. It's not as if there's a lack of wood and this would allow for families to roleplay properly.
User avatar
soiacc
Honored Dwarf
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:27 am

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby Erythil » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:29 am

MrDvAnt wrote:Jeebus..I appreciate people putting time and thought into their characters, but maybe we should have a description length limit. Nobody has time to read a page and a half description or wants to have that much spam just because you dared to look at someone.

Brevity is the soul of wit.


All I can say is never play a MUSH!
Erythil
Dwarf Recruit
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 6:23 pm

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby MrDvAnt » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:34 am

Erythil wrote:
MrDvAnt wrote:Jeebus..I appreciate people putting time and thought into their characters, but maybe we should have a description length limit. Nobody has time to read a page and a half description or wants to have that much spam just because you dared to look at someone.

Brevity is the soul of wit.


All I can say is never play a MUSH!


I don't. I don't have the patience for paragraph narrative emotes and all the rp combat that no one wants to lose.
MrDvAnt
Honored Elf
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:55 am

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby Letters » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:34 am

MrDvAnt wrote:
Erythil wrote:
MrDvAnt wrote:Jeebus..I appreciate people putting time and thought into their characters, but maybe we should have a description length limit. Nobody has time to read a page and a half description or wants to have that much spam just because you dared to look at someone.

Brevity is the soul of wit.


All I can say is never play a MUSH!


I don't. I don't have the patience for paragraph narrative emotes and all the rp combat that no one wants to lose.


Image
A skeletal, pig-tailed-haired male teen says,
"Prepare to meet your doom, loping man. It is I, loitering person, your nemesis."
Letters
Elf Recruit
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:55 pm

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby WorkerDrone » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:32 am

They were trying to psyche each other out!
I hope you die right now, will you drink my chemical?

Brian wrote:See, the thing that I admire about WorkerDrone is that he's an optimist!

:lol:
User avatar
WorkerDrone
Guide
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: From Dust

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby RiderOnTheStorm » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:39 pm

Please remove the northern, western, and eastern doors of the infirmary so people stop walking by in flocks.
RiderOnTheStorm
Elf Recruit
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:48 pm

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby sod » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:43 pm

Slower moving townspeople, or less of them, or something. They are so spammy.
sod
Forum Hobbit
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 3:55 pm

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby tehkory » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:47 pm

RiderOnTheStorm wrote:Please remove the northern, western, and eastern doors of the infirmary so people stop walking by in flocks.

Certainly not the northern one. Eastern and western, sure. But removing the main route from the north gate to the infirmary is a bit uncomfortable.
tehkory
Master Ent
 
Posts: 621
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:21 pm

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby Matt » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:51 pm

No roaming townspeople would be great.
Matt
Ent Sapling
 
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:47 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Utterby

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login

Who is online

Very smart users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Login