It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:31 pm
Change font size
Forum Home Public Utterby

Utterby

Utterby Wish List

A place for Staff and players alike to use to coordinate RPTs and in-game events. No IC info, please.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby Vwest » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:56 pm

MrDvAnt wrote:Jeebus..I appreciate people putting time and thought into their characters, but maybe we should have a description length limit. Nobody has time to read a page and a half description or wants to have that much spam just because you dared to look at someone.

Brevity is the soul of wit.

The same can be said for paragraph long emotes about how Sexy McFrostfair's hair bounces and tousles and jiggles and wiggles while seductively vibrating, skipping, hopping and wobbling fancily in the mid-summers-to-winters gale on her long, slender, supple, smooth, delicate but athletic legs... oh, and she picked up her mug, too.

Generally, even if one thing or another is irritating, I tend to give people a pass to express their characters how they please; massive descriptions of incredibly short, simple emotes or excessively elaborate.

When you start adding limits, you have to keep adding them until it's a universally bland, grey system where you're always three letters over the character limit.
Vwest
Verified Member

Postby WildGiller » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:25 am

Sexy McFrostfair rofl.. I don't know why that got me but I laughed aloud xD
WildGiller
Honored Dwarf

Postby Jeshin » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:17 am

For every lengthy hair emote, people with bears should emote about how there's a strong possibility a gnome has moved in and is creepily watching people while the bearded person speaks with them.
Jeshin
Elf Recruit

Postby MrDvAnt » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:40 am

Jeshin wrote:For every lengthy hair emote, people with bears should emote about how there's a strong possibility a gnome has moved in and is creepily watching people while the bearded person speaks with them.

Or put some serious effort into a beautifully written paragraph long fart emote. Describe the sound in detail, the expression of worry on the perp's face and the exact aroma.
MrDvAnt
Honored Elf

Postby WildGiller » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:55 am

MY god how humanities wishlist has degraded XD
WildGiller
Honored Dwarf

Postby RiderOnTheStorm » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:59 am

I wish for world peace.
RiderOnTheStorm
Elf Recruit

Postby soiacc » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:18 pm

I wish the Lodge bunkrooms were safe quit.
soiacc
Honored Dwarf

Postby deerskin » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:34 pm

Soap.
deerskin
Forum Hobbit

Postby wilesly » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:47 pm

deerskin wrote:Soap.

Should be plenty available with all this animal fat likely being available.
"Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes."
wilesly
Forum Hobbit

Postby sosaria » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:02 pm

Not sure if it's posted already but...

Weapon practice crafts
Gambling
Pick-Pocket + NPC's with a copper or two
sosaria
Guide

Postby toofast » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:08 pm

What are weapon practice crafts?
toofast
Elf Recruit

Postby RiderOnTheStorm » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:55 pm

I wish people would not be stupid about things.

Using the 'hood' command is very deliberately ICly trying to hide who you are, or it wouldn't change your sdesc and hide your desc.

ETA : So much so, that there's a command to try and identify a cloaked person. ICly saying using 'hood' is the same as wearing a coif is, for lack of a better term, dumb as hell.
RiderOnTheStorm
Elf Recruit

Postby Vwest » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:36 pm

The point of a hood is to provide shelter.

Wearing one up doesn't imply you're a villain up to no good, or that you're attempting to be a sneak. When people fly off the handle about my character wearing a hood up, I respond by treating them like they're lunatics.
Vwest
Verified Member

Postby RiderOnTheStorm » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:41 pm

Vwest wrote:The point of a hood is to provide shelter.

Wearing one up doesn't imply you're a villain up to no good, or that you're attempting to be a sneak. When people fly off the handle about my character wearing a hood up, I respond by treating them like they're lunatics.

You can rp your hood up without using the 'hood' command, which implies way more.

OOCly acting like it doesn't, is...I don't even know.
RiderOnTheStorm
Elf Recruit

Postby tehkory » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:02 pm

RiderOnTheStorm wrote:
Vwest wrote:The point of a hood is to provide shelter.

You can rp your hood up without using the 'hood' command, which implies way more.

OOCly acting like it doesn't, is...I don't even know.

OOCly, acting like wearing a cloak which codedly covers your head, and a full set of leathers that cover you head to toe, and that you should still be able to identify man from orc wearing identical arms, armor, and shields at 1-3 rooms away without any trouble...well. That's all that is: OOC.
tehkory
Master Ent

Postby RiderOnTheStorm » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:10 pm

Man.

So, I expect that you rp not being able to see rabbits/squirrels on scan, right? If you can't tell a dude from an orc one room away, you might as well just not use the scan command because you are blind as a bat.

ETA : You should probably never play a sneaky type, since you would of course walk into rabbits/etc and then get eaten by a nearby warg when you fail the check.
RiderOnTheStorm
Elf Recruit

Postby Frigga » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:37 pm

soiacc wrote:I wish the Lodge bunkrooms were safe quit.

Uh, they were when they were built. If they aren't now, that's a building error.
Frigga
The Ice Queen

Postby caellyndria » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:16 pm

There is so much cranky and judgmental in this wishlist, it's kind of wince-worthy to read. Please remember-- people get impressions about our game and players from forum threads.

Are the inside gates that go into the gardens supposed to be locked? I'd like a few more outdoor lounge places IG that aren't part of the hustle and bustle of the inn or main thoroughfares. Places to slow down and take time to talk and RP without a bunch of to-do.
caellyndria
Verified Member

Postby Jme » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:23 pm

Yeah I wear a hood every time I go to the shop in RL so don't see how it would be unrealistic for players to regularly do that IG... I'm totally cool with it =)

But this thread, as Frigga so eloquently put it - shouldn't be about "Oh I wish Mach wasn't such a bla bla", that's just pointless :P

My wish would be...

Ways to re-inforce armour, such as crafts to turn a tan leather gambeson into a tan leather gambeson reinforced with bog-iron buckles or something, just a way of PCs spending a bit of extra coin/materials to get something slightly better (maybe an extra AC and more resistant to damages for example)
Have a Jmetastic day.

SOI CHARACTER APPRECIATION THREAD:
http://www.middle-earth.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1131&p=13525
Jme
Forum Hobbit

Postby deerskin » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:34 pm

Clothes. Yes, I get there is a PC tailor which is awesome, do not get me wrong. But an NPC market for clothing, trinkets, tools for RP use like brooms, mortar and pestles, scrub brushes, bedding, shelves, teapots, cups, whatever.

Crafts for heating tea or making tea that are general-cooking. Fancy teas for the people with skillz.
deerskin
Forum Hobbit

Postby soiacc » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:43 pm

Frigga wrote:
soiacc wrote:I wish the Lodge bunkrooms were safe quit.

Uh, they were when they were built. If they aren't now, that's a building error.

I've had to camp since the game opened.
soiacc
Honored Dwarf

Postby Matt » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:45 pm

deerskin wrote:Clothes. Yes, I get there is a PC tailor which is awesome, do not get me wrong. But an NPC market for clothing, trinkets, tools for RP use like brooms, mortar and pestles, scrub brushes, bedding, shelves, teapots, cups, whatever.

Crafts for heating tea or making tea that are general-cooking. Fancy teas for the people with skillz.

There's wood shelf crafts and cup crafts as well. I have a firm belief in anything that can be crafted by players should never be sold by NPCs.
Matt
Ent Sapling

Postby Jme » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:35 pm

Matt wrote:
deerskin wrote:Clothes. Yes, I get there is a PC tailor which is awesome, do not get me wrong. But an NPC market for clothing, trinkets, tools for RP use like brooms, mortar and pestles, scrub brushes, bedding, shelves, teapots, cups, whatever.

There's wood shelf crafts and cup crafts as well. I have a firm belief in anything that can be crafted by players should never be sold by NPCs.

I actually agree with matt in regards to stuff not being sold by PCs -and- NPCs, it just creates for less PC interaction which is never good.

Who knows, maybe Utterby can have a monthly shipment of ordered goods from elsewhere - at the cost of higher prices for the shipments. Maybe there can be a dice rolled to determine what kind of things are available that month.
Have a Jmetastic day.

SOI CHARACTER APPRECIATION THREAD:
http://www.middle-earth.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1131&p=13525
Jme
Forum Hobbit

Postby deerskin » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:38 pm

It is not discouraging. There is -a- PC tailor right now. One as far as I have met. What happens when I want something and he's not around? I wait. What if there is something I want and he cannot provide? I am forced to wait for PC interaction.

PC interaction is fantastic but relying -only- on PCs for goods is ridiculous and makes for a stagnant economy if I happen to play hours they do not play. I recall in MT waiting five weeks RL time in hopes to talk with a specific tailor about a specific thing made because I couldn't order it and NPCs didn't have it. It was discouraging.

Realism means a tangible, viable, breathing economy. Give me a market, please.
deerskin
Forum Hobbit

Postby Matt » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:45 pm

This is why we need an auction house. No, no market for you.
Matt
Ent Sapling

PreviousNext

Return to Utterby

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login