It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:12 pm
Change font size
Forum Home Public Crafts

Crafts

cook mass-meat

Suggest crafts, talk about existing crafts, debate the finer points of your craftiness.

Moderator: Elder Staff

cook mass-meat

Postby tehkory » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:33 pm

Code: Select all
mat mass-bandages

First-aid: sterilize mass-bandages
Phase 1:  10 seconds
In Room (Reusable): a large cauldron of boiling water.
Phase 2:  30 seconds
In Room (Reusable): 54 of a clean, $naturalcolor0 $pfabric bandage, a
grimy cloth bandage, or a clean bandage.
Phase 3:  30 seconds
Phase 4:  30 seconds Beginner First-Aid skill required.
In Room (Reusable): a long-handled $metaltype1 ladle, or a long-handled
$woodtype1 ladle.
Phase 5:  0 seconds
Held or in Room (Consumed): 54 of a clean, $naturalcolor0 $pfabric bandage,
a grimy cloth bandage, or a clean bandage.
Produced: 54 of a sterilized, bleached bandage.

Any way we could see some mass cooking crafts? 5 or 10 at a time? Just to make things easier on our poor cooks slaving away at hearths?
tehkory
Master Ent

Re: cook mass-meat

Postby Jeshin » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:39 pm

Cook whole-coney
Cook whole-boar
Roast plain-gamebird
^ these various ones exist or it's roast or something but there are 'mass' cooking skills a little further up the tree that also require butchering to convert the final product into edible cuts.
Jeshin
Elf Recruit

Postby tehkory » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:16 pm

Jeshin wrote:Cook whole-coney
Cook whole-boar
Roast plain-gamebird
^ these various ones exist or it's roast or something but there are 'mass' cooking skills a little further up the tree that also require butchering to convert the final product into edible cuts.

Right, and these are(ought to be) more efficient for skilled workers/better tasting, sure...but I'm talking about saving players time so they can quit sitting infront of hearths and go play. Cooking takes a minute for a piece of meat.
tehkory
Master Ent

Postby Hazgarn » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:31 pm

Really, just being able to do five at a time would help a lot. Boar from a whole roasted boar isn't the same item you get from roasting a single chunk at a time with plain-meat.
Give it a huge timer, I don't care. The real-life time I would recover being able to do lumps of meat at once would be real-life time I could actually spend roleplaying something other than drudgery. :cry:
SOI Mirkwood Map
SOI Wilderlands Map

I am also a Guide. Feel free to contact me through AIM or PM with questions about the game.
Hazgarn
Cartographer

Postby Nailah » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:28 pm

I understand the timesink completely. It was always my PC's bane in earlier edition SOI. I'll try to think of a craft that uses up more than one hunk of roasted meat at a time. Since all the meat hunks are one variable vnum, though, I can't really make a mass roasting craft that would be easy to work with.

I will, however, think of something that makes the end product not care what variable meat hunk you use. Gimme a bit. It's on the list.
Nailah
Honored Dwarf

Postby toofast » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:29 pm

Nailah wrote:I understand the timesink completely. It was always my PC's bane in earlier edition SOI. I'll try to think of a craft that uses up more than one hunk of roasted meat at a time. Since all the meat hunks are one variable vnum, though, I can't really make a mass roasting craft that would be easy to work with.

I will, however, think of something that makes the end product not care what variable meat hunk you use. Gimme a bit. It's on the list.

Meh, a bit of branching wouldn't hurt the cooks. Haha.
toofast
Elf Recruit

Return to Crafts

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login