It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:16 am
Change font size
Forum Home Public Utterby

Utterby

Utterby Wish List

A place for Staff and players alike to use to coordinate RPTs and in-game events. No IC info, please.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby Jeshin » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:33 pm

I for one welcome our new pheasant overlords. Remember if you hit them with a sword 3 times they swarm you.

It's dangerous to go alone, take this! *gives rupee*
Jeshin
Elf Recruit

Postby kestrel » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:44 pm

Let's pretend for the sake of argument that every spawned pheasant became a mob that was clanned to "you know who" (i.e. the one character that's repeatedly doing this). Let's pretend the PC has the ability to set all his or her pheasants to aggro (or back, on whim).

How many pheasants would be required to turn that PC into a vehicle of death and destruction in a melee?

I know it's a terrible derail, but I've been curious about this ever since I noticed what was happening.
kestrel
Honored Dwarf

Postby jdidds » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:45 pm

Wish list: A decent set of leathers. :? and an NPC shop keeper to sell me them :)
Code: Select all
There is currently 1 soul braving the world all alone.
jdidds
Elf Recruit

Postby krelm » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:46 pm

Pheasants do like, 2 damage at maximum, maybe 4 on crits, so... a lot?

EDIT:

HOWEVER, pheasants are set as flying mobs, which are as buggy as they've ever been, so that would be super annoying.

Though I think they're also set autoflee, so they'd just run off, as opposed to attack.
One among the fence.
krelm
Calce Ferio asini Operarius

Postby Matt » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:53 pm

It'd be an epic battle to the the least. But you can probably 1 hit each one and only so many can attack at a time.
Matt
Ent Sapling

Postby RiderOnTheStorm » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:59 pm

:lol:
RiderOnTheStorm
Elf Recruit

Postby Jme » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:10 pm

Yeah pheasants don't do much in the way of attacking.

Also the fact they fly away means they usually end up bleeding out over water... Which leads to a rather hungry hunter at the end of the day ;)

At least they're good target practice.
Have a Jmetastic day.

SOI CHARACTER APPRECIATION THREAD:
http://www.middle-earth.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1131&p=13525
Jme
Forum Hobbit

Postby MrDvAnt » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:51 pm

I'd be more worried about a swarm of ermines.
MrDvAnt
Honored Elf

Postby soiacc » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:14 pm

or rats...*shivers*
soiacc
Honored Dwarf

Postby Jme » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:46 pm

wishlist: love
Have a Jmetastic day.

SOI CHARACTER APPRECIATION THREAD:
http://www.middle-earth.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1131&p=13525
Jme
Forum Hobbit

Postby RiderOnTheStorm » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:05 am

Songweaver wrote:Remove the sneak penalties to leather armor, and perhaps lower the weight a bit. It seems like a code holdover to a heavier armor type from Atonement, and leather armor is the preferred armor of sneaky-sorts everywhere.

I would like to re-bring this to attention.

My character has, how do you say, pretty freaking high sneak. Wearing a leather gambeson is a -ridiculously- noticeable penalty. It's already enough of a penalty that the thing weighs 20 lbs, could staff please consider tweaking and/or removing the stealth penalty? Or add another leather armor option, maybe? Jerkin or something.
RiderOnTheStorm
Elf Recruit

Postby soiacc » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:42 am

I wish for farm animals and farming stuff. I think that's why everyone is so angry all the time, too much meat, not enough dairy and vegetables...and pie.
soiacc
Honored Dwarf

Postby BoogtehWoog » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:43 am

Hear, hear! :mrgreen:
BoogtehWoog
Elf Recruit

Postby RiderOnTheStorm » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:46 am

HORSES! GIDDYUP COWBOY!
RiderOnTheStorm
Elf Recruit

Postby Throttle » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:11 pm

RiderOnTheStorm wrote:
Songweaver wrote:Remove the sneak penalties to leather armor, and perhaps lower the weight a bit. It seems like a code holdover to a heavier armor type from Atonement, and leather armor is the preferred armor of sneaky-sorts everywhere.

I would like to re-bring this to attention.

My character has, how do you say, pretty freaking high sneak. Wearing a leather gambeson is a -ridiculously- noticeable penalty. It's already enough of a penalty that the thing weighs 20 lbs, could staff please consider tweaking and/or removing the stealth penalty? Or add another leather armor option, maybe? Jerkin or something.

The game is missing a level of armor above the current leather set. It feels like leather has the weight and penalties belonging to the next tier. Some sort of reinforced leather should probably exist, and I think the armor craftset could probably use the added depth, too.

Metalworking has been listed as part of the armorer skillset for ages but doesn't currently have any interaction with armorcrafting. While the actual maille-based armors are probably outside the scope of Alpha, I think we could do with some sort of not-ringmail-but-equivalent to flesh out the itemization.
You notice a gigantic orb spider with raw-umber patterning's attention shift toward you!
You notice a giant orb spider with night patterning's attention shift toward you!
You notice a rugged orb spider with sepia patterning's attention shift toward you!
Throttle
Honored Elf

Postby Matt » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:36 pm

Yea, there's a decent amount of stuff that needs to be audited. Two-handed bludgeons are weaker then shortswords, some ordinary weapons aren't set as weapons but are lights, and the leather armor we have is wonky. It's set up to be heavy and really lowers stealth. The levels of leather quality also don't matter. Brittle/stiff/supple are all the same in terms of quality of armor.
Matt
Ent Sapling

Postby krelm » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:10 pm

Matt wrote:Yea, there's a decent amount of stuff that needs to be audited. Two-handed bludgeons are weaker then shortswords, some ordinary weapons aren't set as weapons but are lights, and the leather armor we have is wonky. It's set up to be heavy and really lowers stealth. The levels of leather quality also don't matter. Brittle/stiff/supple are all the same in terms of quality of armor.

The leather thing is known, but the only people who can fix it are Nimrod or Icarus, so someone's going to have to get in touch with them.

As for the weapons, be more specific, and I can fix them. Which ones are set as lights? Which bludgeons are super weak?
One among the fence.
krelm

Postby Matt » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:20 pm

It's two handed bludgeons. Specifically the double hammer one. I know of a PC IG that has on that functions as a light as well.
Matt
Ent Sapling

Postby krelm » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:40 pm

Weeeeeell, I can confirm that two-handed bludgeons aren't weaker than shortswords, at least as far as how they're built, but weapons were audited a bit ago, so it's possible someone has an instance of a sword or a bludgeon that's weaker/stronger than it should be, but there's no way to tell without being able to see every single individual instance, which I can't do.

As far as a weapon being a light-type object instead of a weapon type object, beyond random corruption (which, let's face it, this is the RPI+ engine we're talking about) that shouldn't be possible, unless there's a craft somewhere that's really, really screwed up. I'll check through the crafts and see if I notice anything weird.
One among the fence.
krelm

Postby krelm » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:45 pm

And then I got to look at the specific instance of that hammer.

Weird.
One among the fence.
krelm

Postby krelm » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:05 pm

Aaaand, I figured out the problem. Should be fixed here soon.
One among the fence.
krelm

Postby BoogtehWoog » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:09 pm

Yay krelm! :mrgreen:
BoogtehWoog
Elf Recruit

Postby krelm » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:12 pm

Fixed on next reboot. It's actually kind of hilarious how that happened. Basically a number was getting doubled that shouldn't have been and it was setting the wield-type to light instead of double-handed.
One among the fence.
krelm

Postby BoogtehWoog » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:15 pm

Nice work, sir.
BoogtehWoog
Elf Recruit

Postby toofast » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:45 pm

The 'augment bludgeon-with-studs' craft is still broken.
toofast
Elf Recruit

PreviousNext

Return to Utterby

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login