It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:42 am
Change font size
Forum Home Public Utterby

Utterby

Utterby Wish List

A place for Staff and players alike to use to coordinate RPTs and in-game events. No IC info, please.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby Jeshin » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:56 pm

For people who keep asking for alternative locations. I think you miss the fact that Utterby is setup this way for a reason. Each 'division' or 'segement' is a literal monopoly. There will never be a true Lodge competitor, there will never be an alternate inn, there will never be an infirm not overseen by the guard.

Unless the staff opt into changing the fundamental structure of Utterby away from simple 1-off monopolies. These changes won't come. An having a simple wishlist request for an alternative location isn't going to cut it. You'd be better off making a thread outlining a new model for Utterby. It is ALPHA, concept changes can still be done.

Laketown will probably have more variety / choice though.
Jeshin
Elf Recruit
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 6:37 pm

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby krelm » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:05 pm

Sidenote, I wouldn't make any swords today. They have the same bug the bludgeons have and I don't have the ability to fix them without someone who has higher access.
One among the fence.
User avatar
krelm
Calce Ferio asini Operarius
 
Posts: 647
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:01 pm
Location: Brought to You Live, Via Sorcery

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby RiderOnTheStorm » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:25 am

I just realized leather leggings significantly hinder sneak/hide (which of course doesn't make much sense), I thought it was just the gambeson, which -massively- hinders.

What is that, like -20 total? More?
RiderOnTheStorm
Elf Recruit
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:48 pm

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby kestrel » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:45 am

RiderOnTheStorm wrote:I just realized leather leggings significantly hinder sneak/hide (which of course doesn't make much sense), I thought it was just the gambeson, which -massively- hinders.

What is that, like -20 total? More?


Yeah, it definitely needs fixing. I'm sure they'll get to it when they can, though!
kestrel
Honored Dwarf
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 10:26 am

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby Onasaki » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:48 am

People to obey the laws of vNPCs and not come marching into our freaking caves like they own the place.
I have two forces by my side
One's the truth and one's a lie
Which one's which I cannot tell
This enigma is my hell


Image
User avatar
Onasaki
Honored Elf
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 12:03 pm
Location: Everywhere.

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby AdamBlue » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:54 am

What Onasaki said. You know who you are. You are being nothing but twinky and legitimately terrible as both characters and players.
User avatar
AdamBlue
Dwarf Recruit
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:01 am

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby radioactivejesus » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:54 am

Onasaki wrote:People to obey the laws of vNPCs and not come marching into our freaking caves like they own the place.

+1. Please understand that there are between 30-50 vnpc orcs living in the Vadok mountains. This is the equivalent to our group walking into the room right outside your tavern and trying to jump straight to coded pvp with the random people that wander by, while ignoring the existance of the vnpc militia that would likely push our shit in. If you want to attack the mountain, that's cool. But it should be an RPT event, with staff involvement and proper buildup from both sides
Last edited by radioactivejesus on Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
A really bad sword with a short blade lies here.
look sword
This sword hardly even a sword. It's kind of really just a piece of metal bent like a sword. Its blade is rather short. Kind of pathetic, really.
User avatar
radioactivejesus
Ent Sapling
 
Posts: 463
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:39 pm

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby krelm » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:55 am

Technically the orcs did this a couple of weeks ago. Well, I was leading said orcs, but yeah.
One among the fence.
User avatar
krelm
Calce Ferio asini Operarius
 
Posts: 647
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:01 pm
Location: Brought to You Live, Via Sorcery

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby kingsfoil » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:57 am

It's about equal, in my eyes, to showing up to the gates of Utterby in large numbers and shooting human PCs standing directly outside them.

In range of the palisades, which have vNPC archers with longbows, which would have shot the orcs dead.

So, gimme a break. Don't like it? Don't do it.
kingsfoil
Verified Member
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:23 pm

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby RiderOnTheStorm » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:58 am

Yeah, haha, I was just surprised. I didn't realize the leggings did it. Been wearing them. So I'm actually better at sneak/hide than I realized, whoo.

Also, uh..the orcs attacked Utterby on like day 2 of the game, you have no room to talk. (I wasn't involved in the attack.)
RiderOnTheStorm
Elf Recruit
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:48 pm

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby WorkerDrone » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:59 am

Yeah I'm legitimately pissed, speaking from the opposite side, that that came to pass. But it was one person leading a bunch of people into the maw, and then RIGHT up to the proverbial and perhaps literal doorstep, without the majority's consent. I suppose we should've known better and chosen not to switch group leaders, but then I didn't expect something that balls crazy to happen.

Anyway, the whole talk of "you guys have no room to talk" isn't very fair. Krelm -apologized- for doing it. Show some humility, guys.
I hope you die right now, will you drink my chemical?

Brian wrote:See, the thing that I admire about WorkerDrone is that he's an optimist!

:lol:
User avatar
WorkerDrone
Guide
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: From Dust

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby Onasaki » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:01 am

The difference is, we didn't come rushing into your town and murdering your people. We stayed outside, and the Admins echoed arrows flying, and we retreated.

Currently the Admins are busy. Otherwise it would not happen.

The Vadok Mountain is the equivalency of Utterby. There are bunches of vNPC orc patrols that go in and out at all times. I highly doubt a group of seven scantily armored humans would be able to pierce through a group of 10-15 orcs clad in metals and leather, without some extensive casualties.

We don't come marching up to your doorstep when your admins aren't around to offer echoes.
I have two forces by my side
One's the truth and one's a lie
Which one's which I cannot tell
This enigma is my hell


Image
User avatar
Onasaki
Honored Elf
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 12:03 pm
Location: Everywhere.

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby radioactivejesus » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:03 am

RiderOnTheStorm wrote:Also, uh..the orcs attacked Utterby on like day 2 of the game, you have no room to talk. (I wasn't involved in the attack.)

neither were most of the orcs who are currently roleplaying within the sphere. A lot of pc's involved in that have died, and I believe many of them have moved on to the human sphere, though I could be wrong. The biggest thing I'm pissed off about is the straight jump to code by some of the pc's involved. If roleplay in combat is completely out the window and it's just a quest to gank the most enemies, I guess I'll learn to live with that, but I'd like to be on the same page as everyone else
A really bad sword with a short blade lies here.
look sword
This sword hardly even a sword. It's kind of really just a piece of metal bent like a sword. Its blade is rather short. Kind of pathetic, really.
User avatar
radioactivejesus
Ent Sapling
 
Posts: 463
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:39 pm

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby RiderOnTheStorm » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:03 am

WorkerDrone wrote:Yeah I'm legitimately pissed, speaking from the opposite side, that that came to pass. But it was one person leading a bunch of people into the maw, and then RIGHT up to the proverbial and perhaps literal doorstep, without the majority's consent. I suppose we should've known better and chosen not to switch group leaders, but then I didn't expect something that balls crazy to happen.

Anyway, the whole talk of "you guys have no room to talk" isn't very fair. Krelm -apologized- for doing it. Show some humility, guys.


Apologized after getting what, 7 PCs killed? It's not like he and all the orc players didn't know what they were doing.

A group of orcs also came out just the other day and were 6 rooms from utterby's gate, shooting at people. I have 0 sympathy.

The orc -tunnel- alone is like 12 rooms, to put that on perspective,
RiderOnTheStorm
Elf Recruit
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:48 pm

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby krelm » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:05 am

It was 4 killed, actually, and we were two rooms outside of Utterby's gates, which at the time didn't have guards.
One among the fence.
User avatar
krelm
Calce Ferio asini Operarius
 
Posts: 647
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:01 pm
Location: Brought to You Live, Via Sorcery

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby WorkerDrone » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:05 am

Well they're not scantily clad by comparison, in all truth, but that's beside the point. Both sides have performed recklessly in the past, and hopefully both sides will perform less recklessly after this re-occurring incident.

Apologized for walking that close to the gates, with such a clear presence of vNPCs and a wide margin for error because of it. Not the PKing. If we'd killed anyone, it wouldn't need a signed apology, but doing what we shouldn't have done isn't excusable just because the other side did it first.
I hope you die right now, will you drink my chemical?

Brian wrote:See, the thing that I admire about WorkerDrone is that he's an optimist!

:lol:
User avatar
WorkerDrone
Guide
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: From Dust

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby AdamBlue » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:06 am

RiderOnTheStorm wrote:
WorkerDrone wrote:Yeah I'm legitimately pissed, speaking from the opposite side, that that came to pass. But it was one person leading a bunch of people into the maw, and then RIGHT up to the proverbial and perhaps literal doorstep, without the majority's consent. I suppose we should've known better and chosen not to switch group leaders, but then I didn't expect something that balls crazy to happen.

Anyway, the whole talk of "you guys have no room to talk" isn't very fair. Krelm -apologized- for doing it. Show some humility, guys.


Apologized after getting what, 7 PCs killed? It's not like he and all the orc players didn't know what they were doing.

A group of orcs also came out just the other day and were 6 rooms from utterby's gate, shooting at people. I have 0 sympathy.

The orc -tunnel- alone is like 12 rooms, to put that on perspective,


There's a difference between nearing the gate and seeing a few humans so firing off a potshot or two, to moving to the literal snarfagling doorstep of the heart of the goddamn tunnels with a no-RP kill squad in an attempt to inflate your goddamn ego knowing that there are no admins around to punish you for your ass-hattery.
User avatar
AdamBlue
Dwarf Recruit
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:01 am

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby Songweaver » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:15 am

Based on what I saw, this looked like a misunderstanding on the part of the player. I could be wrong there, but that's what it looked like.

It isn't like there are things in the description saying "You Have Arrived to Orc Town" or "vNPC orcs wander these halls". The vNPCs, imo, probably linger behind orc town door proper. If not, then that should definitely be made evident.

The difference with Utterby's walls is the lack of building to support palisade archery, currently. A little bit of building can go a long way.
Last edited by Songweaver on Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Songweaver
Ent Sapling
 
Posts: 527
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:21 pm
Location: Columbus, Ohio

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby WorkerDrone » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:16 am

Woah, woah, woah. Let's calm down. Realize for fact that the majority involved in this incident are just as outraged and embarrassed and that it wasn't intentional.
I hope you die right now, will you drink my chemical?

Brian wrote:See, the thing that I admire about WorkerDrone is that he's an optimist!

:lol:
User avatar
WorkerDrone
Guide
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: From Dust

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby kingsfoil » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:17 am

AdamBlue wrote:
RiderOnTheStorm wrote:
WorkerDrone wrote:Yeah I'm legitimately pissed, speaking from the opposite side, that that came to pass. But it was one person leading a bunch of people into the maw, and then RIGHT up to the proverbial and perhaps literal doorstep, without the majority's consent. I suppose we should've known better and chosen not to switch group leaders, but then I didn't expect something that balls crazy to happen.

Anyway, the whole talk of "you guys have no room to talk" isn't very fair. Krelm -apologized- for doing it. Show some humility, guys.


Apologized after getting what, 7 PCs killed? It's not like he and all the orc players didn't know what they were doing.

A group of orcs also came out just the other day and were 6 rooms from utterby's gate, shooting at people. I have 0 sympathy.

The orc -tunnel- alone is like 12 rooms, to put that on perspective,


There's a difference between nearing the gate and seeing a few humans so firing off a potshot or two, to moving to the literal snarfagling doorstep of the heart of the goddamn tunnels with a no-RP kill squad in an attempt to inflate your goddamn ego knowing that there are no admins around to punish you for your ass-hattery.


Let me clear up some misunderstandings, speaking as the person who was leading the ill-advised charge.

1. If you knew my PC, it might make more sense.

2. I didn't know that was the door to the orc town, as I haven't played an orc. I thought it was just some other tunnel.

3. I didn't know there was any significant vNPC strength in the mountain, as I haven't seen this stressed anywhere.

Everything I've read about orcs on the forums is that there's horrible infighting, the NPC clan can barely keep it together, they're doing poorly, etc. Nothing to suggest or align with having metal-clad orc guards marching about.

I admit to having a misconception about this, if the case is otherwise.


4. I'm not casting blame, here, because I don't think it's wrong considering the situation, but the human side was not the one to start the no-RP movement in this particular situation. Prior to the actual charge, there was orcish spam running around the tunnels that told me "okay, the orcs aren't interested in RP."

The general rule is, if you give RP in combat situations, you get RP. If you act like you aren't going to RP, don't expect it in return.

4. Getting arrow echoes from admins is one thing, but it isn't stopping you guys from using lethal force on PCs literally in the room just outside Utterby's town gate, as recent as one week ago. Am I saying, "eye for an eye?" No. But it is hypocritical to criticize actions like this when it's still happening repetitively.

That said, "Outraged and embarrassed," really?
kingsfoil
Verified Member
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:23 pm

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby WorkerDrone » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:19 am

There's literally very little in the way of "metal clad orc guards", for the record. But that's beside the point.

And yeah, outraged and embarrassed. That was kind of like saying, wow, we made this mistake before, and we all learned from it, right?

Right?

Apparently not.
I hope you die right now, will you drink my chemical?

Brian wrote:See, the thing that I admire about WorkerDrone is that he's an optimist!

:lol:
User avatar
WorkerDrone
Guide
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: From Dust

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby kingsfoil » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:24 am

WorkerDrone wrote:There's literally very little in the way of "metal clad orc guards", for the record. But that's beside the point.

And yeah, outraged and embarrassed. That was kind of like saying, wow, we made this mistake before, and we all learned from it, right?

Right?

Apparently not.


I don't think you're accepting the message in what I just posted, regarding having misconceptions about the situation, if you're blaming me for not having learned from making mistakes in the past (which I wasn't a part of).
kingsfoil
Verified Member
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:23 pm

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby WorkerDrone » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:25 am

I did make the statement under the presumption that you were aware of the circumstances regarding the first incident, but since you weren't, it'd be fair to excuse you, yeah.
I hope you die right now, will you drink my chemical?

Brian wrote:See, the thing that I admire about WorkerDrone is that he's an optimist!

:lol:
User avatar
WorkerDrone
Guide
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: From Dust

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby tehkory » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:28 am

Sorry, but Kingsfoil's got a point. I'm not outraged and embarassed. I had no idea(and the game gave me and many others no idea) that we were literally at Orc-Utterby's gate. I didn't know until I looked here.

Calm down. There was a foul. But the foul only happened because none of us had any idea where the goal line was.
tehkory
Master Ent
 
Posts: 620
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:21 pm

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby Songweaver » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:30 am

Correct. The descriptions outside of Utterby make it more clear that you're drawing close to the town. It would be easy to create a token program for both sides that checks a PC's clanning when they "get too close" and sends up alarms to Utterby/Orc-Town. Or add NPC guards with bows. Or something.
User avatar
Songweaver
Ent Sapling
 
Posts: 527
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:21 pm
Location: Columbus, Ohio

PreviousNext

Return to Utterby

cron

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login

Who is online

Very smart users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Login