It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:59 pm
Change font size
Forum Home Public Utterby

Utterby

Utterby Wish List

A place for Staff and players alike to use to coordinate RPTs and in-game events. No IC info, please.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby BoogtehWoog » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:02 pm

Yes. Nailah be awesome. :mrgreen:
BoogtehWoog
Elf Recruit

Postby soiacc » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:06 pm

A new wish - Town meeting with the leaders present to clarify things and answer questions.
soiacc
Honored Dwarf

Postby Hazgarn » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:39 pm

soiacc wrote:A new wish - Town meeting with the leaders present to clarify things and answer questions.

This. This would be a smart thing to try and arrange for practically any segment of the town, even if it's only on a bimonthly/monthly/weekly basis.
SOI Mirkwood Map
SOI Wilderlands Map

I am also a Guide. Feel free to contact me through AIM or PM with questions about the game.
Hazgarn
Cartographer

Postby RiderOnTheStorm » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:44 pm

Really curious about the decision to implement private rooms. Two private rooms.
RiderOnTheStorm
Elf Recruit

Postby tehkory » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:46 pm

RiderOnTheStorm wrote:Really curious about the decision to implement private rooms. Two private rooms.

Where's this announced at or discussed?
tehkory
Master Ent

Postby WildGiller » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:24 pm

U kno

I really think we need some nice, consistent docs about expectations and lore. Granted, that's a butt-load of work to put together, but having something all nice and tidy on the wiki that lays out where certain lines are would be super helpful I think to give some guidance on expectations and norms within the world.

Kinda like I wouldn't roll into ARM with Fluffy the socially-respected and well-adjusted half-elf and try to get married to Freckles, the polite ox-riding elf, then move to Allanak to open a pie making business in the Bazaar. Because the docs say that I would have to be utterly insane to even consider 1/3 of that as legitimately possible and feasible playability wise.

(although it sounds slightly hilarious)
WildGiller
Honored Dwarf

Postby EltanimRas » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:29 pm

WildGiller wrote:I really think we need some nice, consistent docs about expectations and lore.

Are you volunteering? :shock:
EltanimRas
Master Ent

Postby WildGiller » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:35 pm

EltanimRas wrote:
WildGiller wrote:I really think we need some nice, consistent docs about expectations and lore.

..Should I? :shock:
WildGiller
Honored Dwarf

Postby EltanimRas » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:52 am

WildGiller wrote:..Should I? :shock:

From what I've seen on the forums, you seem like a sensible person, and one who'd likely do a fine job of it. Why not?
EltanimRas
Master Ent

Postby wilesly » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:30 pm

Not so much an Utterby wish but a wish in general ... Expand boot capacity to half a pound so I can keep a knife in my boot.
"Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes."
wilesly
Forum Hobbit

Postby WildGiller » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:10 am

EltanimRas wrote:
WildGiller wrote:..Should I? :shock:

From what I've seen on the forums, you seem like a sensible person, and one who'd likely do a fine job of it. Why not?

Awww. That's.. that's so nice! It makes me want to just..
..write it.
... Was this your plan? :shock:
WildGiller
Honored Dwarf

Postby Rivean » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:43 am

WildGiller wrote:Awww. That's.. that's so nice! It makes me want to just..
..write it.

Have you seen her avatar? Can you not see the evil delectably hidden there?
Rivean
Honored Elf

Postby WildGiller » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:57 am

Rivean wrote:
WildGiller wrote:Awww. That's.. that's so nice! It makes me want to just..
..write it.

Have you seen her avatar? Can you not see the evil delectably hidden there?

..You also have a kitteah avatar. Though yours is ..jaunty+evil.

Is there conspiracy going on here because I love cats and I want in on it.
WildGiller
Honored Dwarf

Postby Rivean » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:18 am

WildGiller wrote:Is there conspiracy going on here...

*furtively* I will send you a PM. 8-)
Rivean
Honored Elf

Postby RiderOnTheStorm » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:42 pm

Please stop spawning animals via hunting crafts unless you are able and willing to put in the effort to kill them. Yes, that means you need to chase down the rabbit you spawned. Not only is it annoying, but I doubt having five rabbits running from room to room is helping the game's uptime. And yes, I just had two rabbits and three squirrels run by, all at the same time like it was a group led by a Disney princess.
RiderOnTheStorm
Elf Recruit

Postby Matt » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:59 pm

RiderOnTheStorm wrote:Please stop spawning animals via hunting crafts unless you are able and willing to put in the effort to kill them. Yes, that means you need to chase down the rabbit you spawned. Not only is it annoying, but I doubt having five rabbits running from room to room is helping the game's uptime. And yes, I just had two rabbits and three squirrels run by, all at the same time like it was a group led by a Disney princess.

Lolololol. That's great. But seriously people if you're just trying to up hunting you can just use 'track'.
Matt
Ent Sapling

Postby EltanimRas » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:05 pm

Matt wrote:Lolololol. That's great. But seriously people if you're just trying to up hunting you can just use 'track'.

It doesn't branch.
EltanimRas
Master Ent

Postby WildGiller » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:14 pm

RiderOnTheStorm wrote:I just had two rabbits and three squirrels run by, all at the same time like it was a group led by a Disney princess.

Maybe they were summoned by a tailor. I hear forest creatures are good sewing assistants. :lol:
WildGiller
Honored Dwarf

Postby MrDvAnt » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:52 pm

RiderOnTheStorm wrote:Please stop spawning animals via hunting crafts unless you are able and willing to put in the effort to kill them. Yes, that means you need to chase down the rabbit you spawned. Not only is it annoying, but I doubt having five rabbits running from room to room is helping the game's uptime. And yes, I just had two rabbits and three squirrels run by, all at the same time like it was a group led by a Disney princess.

No. If I shoot an arrow at a rabbit and miss, I'm not going to go running after the rabbit. That's dumb.
MrDvAnt
Honored Elf

Postby Rivean » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:03 pm

Sounds like this craft needs a timer.
Rivean
Honored Elf

Postby Matt » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:08 pm

Rivean wrote:

Sounds like this craft needs a timer.

It does, this is just one of the issues with having a pool of time for timers. With the timer currently set you can spawn nearly 100 rabbits if you really really wanted to before your timers were ate up. Put a hour on it and you'll still be able to to 24.

I think the 'pool' of timers is great but there's some game design issues with it that need to be ironed out. It's much easier to up craft skills now then it was. If you know what you're doing and time your crafting right you can go up really really fast. Or you can have 100 rabbit NPCs running around for laughs.
Matt
Ent Sapling

Postby Real » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:51 pm

The upside is that you can do your hunting in batches (with a friend) instead of waiting six hours between each large game animal, which lets you RP a big hunt. If you have two or three people with the right crafts you can go on the wolf trail or "find a deer herd"...It's pretty great, I'm a fan of the new system.

It seems like it opens up opportunities in the craftset's midgame at the expense of letting the earlier ones be spammed. They could probably be increased to 2-3 RL hours or something.
Everything gets smaller now the further that I go
Towards the mouth and the reunion of the known and the unknown
Consider yourself lucky if you think of it as home
You can move mountains with your misery if you don't
Real
Elf Recruit

Postby Raukran » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:54 pm

The wildlife aren't nearly as rampant as they were before. The biggest downside I see are there being a ton of hidden animals to trip over if you're trying to sneak around. For the visible ones, I just work around them, and there's always naturally spawning hidden animals present in either case.
I am not responsible for the actions of my characters.
Raukran
Unverified User

Postby Rivean » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:57 pm

Raukran wrote:The wildlife aren't nearly as rampant as they were before. The biggest downside I see are there being a ton of hidden animals to trip over if you're trying to sneak around. For the visible ones, I just work around them, and there's always naturally spawning hidden animals present in either case.

Unless things have changed, this is both undesirable and too desirable - too many hidden animals makes it harder for your PC to sneak and not get caught (which was always silly - The earthworm beneath my boot may know I'm there but this doesn't mean the chicken behind the tree ought to), but it also makes it much easier for you to raise those early levels of sneak very quickly, as failure helps tremendous with the skill gain.
Rivean
Honored Elf

Postby Nyneve » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:53 pm

WildGiller wrote:
EltanimRas wrote:

..Should I? :shock:

I've already volunteered too! Let's volunteer together! I love writing lore!
“Then he called him Maeglin, which is Sharp Glance, for he perceived that the eyes of his son were more piercing than his own, and his thought could read the secrets of hearts beyond the mist of words.”
Nyneve
Dwarf Recruit

PreviousNext

Return to Utterby

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login