It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:08 pm
Change font size
Forum Home Public Crafts

Crafts

Crafting Requests

Suggest crafts, talk about existing crafts, debate the finer points of your craftiness.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Re: Crafting Requests

Postby Foxtrot » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:24 pm

Wheel
Wheelbarrow
Cart
Wagon

Make them able to 'group' and 'follow' like the robots in Atonement and Parallel. Give them hitpoints, etc. Basically a haul bot with no on/off switch and no other function, but still needs maintenance if damage taken. Guardable in a group. If destroyed, then all the stuff inside falls to the ground. Gives woodcraft another fun project to make, sell, and maintain. These will be in high demand I'd think.
Foxtrot
Forum Hobbit

Postby Foxtrot » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:30 am

Once Handling is in... or is it already?

Sheep (wool, wool, and more wool. Knitters and Fishermen... Fishing craft should be able to knit nets btw... history of knitting)
Goats? are there goats in MEarth? They're great for everything... milk, meat, cashmere, trash disposal, landscape clearing...)
Hound
Ponies (luxury item here... everyone wants a pony for their birthday)
Horse
Falcon/Hawk (Hunter with a bird fetching things... hot stuff)
Songbird (luxury item.. OR... safety item for miners. Canary in a coalmine.)
Homing Pigeon (for the literate inclined...send a message off to Laketown or further)
Unicorn (hey, I can wish can't I?)
Foxtrot
Forum Hobbit

Postby MrDvAnt » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:38 am

Foxtrot wrote:Once Handling is in... or is it already?

Sheep (wool, wool, and more wool. Knitters and Fishermen... Fishing craft should be able to knit nets btw... history of knitting)
Goats? are there goats in MEarth? They're great for everything... milk, meat, cashmere, trash disposal, landscape clearing...)
Hound
Ponies (luxury item here... everyone wants a pony for their birthday)
Horse
Falcon/Hawk (Hunter with a bird fetching things... hot stuff)
Songbird (luxury item.. OR... safety item for miners. Canary in a coalmine.)
Homing Pigeon (for the literate inclined...send a message off to Laketown or further)
Unicorn (hey, I can wish can't I?)

Wife: Handling skill directly effects whether she stays home to clean or hangs out at the Inn with other men.

Just kidding ladies...maybe. ;)
MrDvAnt
Honored Elf

Postby WhiteWhale » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:16 am

I would like a pine wood cart from Old SOI where it was an object you picked up that helped to reduce the weight of objects in said cart.
Keep Calm Chive On
WhiteWhale
Forum Hobbit

Postby Onasaki » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:26 am

Making feathers usable in cloak-crafting. If it's just an addition via artistry, or it's own fancy craft. I think it'd be neat.
I have two forces by my side
One's the truth and one's a lie
Which one's which I cannot tell
This enigma is my hell

Onasaki
Honored Elf

Postby Erythil » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:33 am

WhiteWhale wrote:I would like a pine wood cart from Old SOI where it was an object you picked up that helped to reduce the weight of objects in said cart.

Something like this would be great for the no doubt copious numbers of corpse recovery missions to come.
Erythil
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Onasaki » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:44 am

Erythil wrote:
WhiteWhale wrote:I would like a pine wood cart from Old SOI where it was an object you picked up that helped to reduce the weight of objects in said cart.

Something like this would be great for the no doubt copious numbers of corpse recovery missions to come.

Bring out ya dead! *bong* BRING OUT YA DEAD!
This enigma is my hell

Onasaki
Honored Elf

Postby radioactivejesus » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:23 pm

Foxtrot wrote:Wheel
Wheelbarrow
Cart
Wagon

Make them able to 'group' and 'follow' like the robots in Atonement and Parallel. Give them hitpoints, etc. Basically a haul bot with no on/off switch and no other function, but still needs maintenance if damage taken. Guardable in a group. If destroyed, then all the stuff inside falls to the ground. Gives woodcraft another fun project to make, sell, and maintain. These will be in high demand I'd think.

seems like the wrong way of going about adding carts to me. Only a matter of time until some enterprising woodcrafter makes a dozen and shieldhorses himself.

Carts should just be a countainer that's weight is equal to 5+half of the total weight of it's contents or something
A really bad sword with a short blade lies here.
look sword
This sword hardly even a sword. It's kind of really just a piece of metal bent like a sword. Its blade is rather short. Kind of pathetic, really.
radioactivejesus
Ent Sapling

Postby Onasaki » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:44 pm

radioactivejesus wrote:
Foxtrot wrote:Wheel
Wheelbarrow
Cart
Wagon

seems like the wrong way of going about adding carts to me. Only a matter of time until some enterprising woodcrafter makes a dozen and shieldhorses himself.

Carts should just be a countainer that's weight is equal to 5+half of the total weight of it's contents or something

I disagree, but I'm sure there's code in there somewhere to keep them from being built as shield-horses. They wouldn't be mobs, perse, and wouldn't have stats. They'd just be containers that walk.
This enigma is my hell

Onasaki
Honored Elf

Postby Hazgarn » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:00 pm

Is it possible to maybe disable the "wagon's" ability to guard?
SOI Mirkwood Map
SOI Wilderlands Map

I am also a Guide. Feel free to contact me through AIM or PM with questions about the game.
Hazgarn
Cartographer

Postby radioactivejesus » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:17 pm

I still wouldn't like it. Wagons don't make things weightless, and it can't be pushed with 0 hands. A pc could theoretically get 4 wagons, have them all follow him and take everything that's not nailed down in every room he passed. Wagons being objects just feels much more logical to me. All they'd need is some sort of minor tweak on weights
look sword
This sword hardly even a sword. It's kind of really just a piece of metal bent like a sword. Its blade is rather short. Kind of pathetic, really.
radioactivejesus
Ent Sapling

Postby soiacc » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:19 am

I'm pretty sure Staff would strike them down with the wrath of a vengeful god if people did that. This is a roleplaying game, if people do things that aren't ic, all you have to do is bring it to the attention of staff. You shouldn't have to change things because someone -might- abuse something. Our pcs would end up living in a blank room staring at each other.
soiacc
Honored Dwarf

Postby Jeshin » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:15 am

Request: A barrel of fresh $berry juice

It'd be nice if we could convert plums and berries into a juice to provide alternative drinks to water and ale. Likely we'd want to make it by the barrel and you could tie it to brewing or cooking skills.
Jeshin
Elf Recruit

Postby radioactivejesus » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:51 pm

soiacc wrote:I'm pretty sure Staff would strike them down with the wrath of a vengeful god if people did that. This is a roleplaying game, if people do things that aren't ic, all you have to do is bring it to the attention of staff. You shouldn't have to change things because someone -might- abuse something. Our pcs would end up living in a blank room staring at each other.

It really is just a terrible way to go about carts. You will find players bringing multiple carts on every patrol just because there's no real reason not to bring one. On resource gathering, they could bring a cart for every pc and still fight at 100% combat effectiveness. They'd likely do even better because wildlife would have a chance at targeting carts and having them damage-sponge. I don't think it would be a strong enough case for staff to come down on a group of pc's just because they were moving carts with both their weapons drawn, but it's definitely not something that makes sense.
look sword
radioactivejesus
Ent Sapling

Postby Snapdragon » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:02 pm

I remember people doing that in Atonement with the robots. One person had a train of robots following on scav hunts. I'm kinda with Radioactive here.
Snapdragon
Dwarf Recruit

Postby teepu » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:13 am

Some kind of 'study (item)' code to study and learn to make them. :roll:

Could work as progessively depending upon the level of skill required to make an item, adding percentages of study progressed in each successful attempt.
Could depend on individual's int and the skill level of the said craft.

Would lessen the use of already -at least to me- scarce resources for branching. ;)
teepu
Guide

Postby soiacc » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:02 pm

I don't necessarily think it's ooc for a wagon to give protection, ever hear of a wagon circle? They're large pieces of wood and metal, if you stand behind it, it's going to be somewhat effective at protecting you.
soiacc
Honored Dwarf

Postby Snapdragon » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:57 pm

soiacc wrote:I don't necessarily think it's ooc for a wagon to give protection, ever hear of a wagon circle? They're large pieces of wood and metal, if you stand behind it, it's going to be somewhat effective at protecting you.

I could see it being something that offered cover, but only from ranged attacks. Once melee range was met, the wagon would simply be an object of wood and metal.
Snapdragon
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Justanothacivy » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:43 pm

Wooden weapons rack :mrgreen:
Things that made me smile:
Icarus wrote:I'm going to kill the next character I see doing stuff like that. I'm not joking.
Justanothacivy
Honored Dwarf

Postby Justanothacivy » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:12 pm

Woodcrafting: weave wooden-basket
Phase 1: 30 seconds
In Room (Reusable): a flowing riverbank, a pot of
ambient-temperature water, or a ten-gallon cauldron filled with ambient water.

Held (Reusable): a $metaltype0 utility knife, or a rough, bog-iron
knife.
Held or in Room (Consumed): 20 of a stick of $woodtype wood.
Phase 2: 30 seconds
Phase 3: 20 seconds Beginner Woodcraft skill required.
Phase 4: 20 seconds Amateur Woodcraft skill required.
Phase 5: 20 seconds Familiar Woodcraft skill required.
Phase 6: 20 seconds
Produced: a simple, woven basket.
OOC Delay Timer: 90 RL Minutes

Could we add any stream type water sources to this?
Things that made me smile:
Icarus wrote:I'm going to kill the next character I see doing stuff like that. I'm not joking.
Justanothacivy
Honored Dwarf

Postby Raukran » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:18 am

My chargen bog-iron utility knife doesn't work with strip buck-carcass, despite it appearing to use other types of utility knives.
I am not responsible for the actions of my characters.
Raukran
Unverified User

Postby Nailah » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:56 am

Raukran wrote:My chargen bog-iron utility knife doesn't work with strip buck-carcass, despite it appearing to use other types of utility knives.

I had the knife blade vnum on there instead of the knife. My bad. Fixed on the BP.
Nailah
Honored Dwarf

Postby Nailah » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:59 am

Justanothacivy wrote:Woodcrafting: weave wooden-basket
Phase 1: 30 seconds
In Room (Reusable): a flowing riverbank, a pot of
ambient-temperature water, or a ten-gallon cauldron filled with ambient water.

Held (Reusable): a $metaltype0 utility knife, or a rough, bog-iron
knife.
Held or in Room (Consumed): 20 of a stick of $woodtype wood.
Phase 2: 30 seconds
Phase 3: 20 seconds Beginner Woodcraft skill required.
Phase 4: 20 seconds Amateur Woodcraft skill required.
Phase 5: 20 seconds Familiar Woodcraft skill required.
Phase 6: 20 seconds
Produced: a simple, woven basket.
OOC Delay Timer: 90 RL Minutes

Could we add any stream type water sources to this?

Added the two stream types on the BP.
Nailah
Honored Dwarf

Postby Nailah » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:00 am

Justanothacivy wrote:Wooden weapons rack :mrgreen:

This is a lovely item on my list, possibly for this weekend. Organizers, ahoy!
Nailah
Honored Dwarf

Postby Songweaver » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:15 am

I actually liked how wagons worked on old SOI. I do not think they should work like our bots did in Atonement. I also don't think people should be riding horse-drawn carts around in Mirkwood. Don't really need these without trade being developed first.
Songweaver
Ent Sapling

PreviousNext

Return to Crafts

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login