It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:01 am
Change font size
Forum Home Public Orcs

Orcs

Accidental death

All things yrkin. A place for Staff and players alike to use this space to coordinate RPTs and in-game events. Please keep in-character information off of this board.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Re: Accidental death

Postby Malik » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:56 pm

Just. Can't. Win.
Malik
Verified Member

Postby Onasaki » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:15 pm

Touching on this topic again, just going to note out that there are changes being made. Infact, they've been attempted several times now, ICly.

But, it helps if the person who did the crime, would in turn, serve the time, instead of avoiding it. Which is probably why the death for a death law was in-acted in the first place, probably.

No one wants to lose their character over something silly as an accidental death, this rings true, for most cases. And while it's happened in the past, things are being done to try and prevent it later down the line, you just need to be willing to follow it through, and take the hits when they come.
I have two forces by my side
One's the truth and one's a lie
Which one's which I cannot tell
This enigma is my hell

Onasaki
Honored Elf

Postby Malik » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:25 pm

Take the hits literally you mean? I just lost my character again. I killed my human char to come back here, I will never play here again. Unless management shifts. People like to make exceptions as they see fit, and in this case, I killed likely the second strongest PC in Vadok and was basically fucked from that point on. Gormahg himself said that lean PC needed to get one hit on me and it'd be over, he did, it carried on for another ten seconds, I realized I was going to die, so is shouted 'savages' there was no sign of it ending, when they all ganked me with comments as per usual saying 'what do you think? This is vadok'. Oh btw, karma's a biatch Fury, that's what you get for ruining Strawberry for NIL, emoted or not. Wouldn't have happened if you didn't kill my pc Strawberry for the fun of it. Or wait, because forgemastah was spatting how useless Strawberry was and you're all just blood hungry.
Malik
Verified Member

Postby MrT2G » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:30 pm

Malik wrote:Take the hits literally you mean? I just lost my character again. I killed my human char to come back here, I will never play here again. Unless management shifts. People like to make exceptions as they see fit, and in this case, I killed likely the second strongest PC in Vadok and was basically fucked from that point on. Gormahg himself said that lean PC needed to get one hit on me and it'd be over, he did, it carried on for another ten seconds, I realized I was going to die, so is shouted 'savages' there was no sign of it ending, when they all ganked me with comments as per usual saying 'what do you think? This is vadok'. Oh btw, karma's a biatch Fury, that's what you get for ruining Strawberry for NIL, emoted or not. Wouldn't have happened if you didn't kill my pc Strawberry for the fun of it. Or wait, because forgemastah was spatting how useless Strawberry was and you're all just blood hungry.

You were given advice on how to and numerous chances to recover from the IC events that lead to this.

You choose the other route.
A curvy, copper-haired woman drops a small, strawberry-blonde toddler girl.
MrT2G
Elf Recruit

Postby Onasaki » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:35 pm

I re-iterate, several alternatives were offered in place of a possible death penalty. At the end of it all, none of them were even remotely attempted.

So when I say go with the hits, I meant, RP it out. Don't get upset because things don't go your way, and because you're not the biggest baddest kid on the playground.

Sometimes you just need to take the swing when it's offered, rather then mope about not getting it at all.

That's all I'm saying, and I request, at this point, this thread be locked.
I have two forces by my side
One's the truth and one's a lie
Which one's which I cannot tell
This enigma is my hell

Onasaki
Honored Elf

Postby WorkerDrone » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:48 pm

Nope, keep it open. I'm still interested. There's shifting tides and players migrate all the time. Even with the bad form of breaching the IC/OOC divide, as the above, this is still relevant.
I hope you die right now, will you drink my chemical?

Brian wrote:See, the thing that I admire about WorkerDrone is that he's an optimist!

:lol:
WorkerDrone
Guide

Postby toofast » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:18 am

Malik wrote:Take the hits literally you mean? I just lost my character again. I killed my human char to come back here, I will never play here again. Unless management shifts. People like to make exceptions as they see fit, and in this case, I killed likely the second strongest PC in Vadok and was basically fucked from that point on. Gormahg himself said that lean PC needed to get one hit on me and it'd be over, he did, it carried on for another ten seconds, I realized I was going to die, so is shouted 'savages' there was no sign of it ending, when they all ganked me with comments as per usual saying 'what do you think? This is vadok'. Oh btw, karma's a biatch Fury, that's what you get for ruining Strawberry for NIL, emoted or not. Wouldn't have happened if you didn't kill my pc Strawberry for the fun of it. Or wait, because forgemastah was spatting how useless Strawberry was and you're all just blood hungry.

Jme? Jme is that you? welcome back bruh
toofast
Elf Recruit

Postby Icarus » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:40 am

The death for a death policy is officially no longer in place, per Pallando.

With that said, locked.
[Petition: Player] I am ready to begin my interdimensional adventure.

A mutilated little orc murmurs, nodding as he mutters,
"I fought good today. Yuh. Fought good, 'specially for bein' the kitchen-snaga. Yuh, I did."
Icarus
Staffer Emeritus

Previous

Return to Orcs

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login