It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:21 am
Change font size

General Discussion

Pre-Game Bugs

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Re: Pre-Game Bugs

Postby Real » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:43 pm

Your craft timer has to be completely empty to decorate stuff.
Everything gets smaller now the further that I go
Towards the mouth and the reunion of the known and the unknown
Consider yourself lucky if you think of it as home
You can move mountains with your misery if you don't
Real
Elf Recruit

Postby Matt » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:58 pm

Real wrote:Your craft timer has to be completely empty to decorate stuff.

Spoke with Tiamat the other day about this and the timers for decorating are supposed to be removed soon.
Matt
Ent Sapling

Postby WildGiller » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:18 am

I would hope it has -some- timer attached to it and isn't completely removed.. You don't even have a chance to fail to apply a decoration so far as I'm aware.

If it takes a half hour to cook a steak it should probably take some time to finely etch a detailed scene with talented skill of wizards wielding oak longstaffs, battling fire-breathing dragons, while riding bareback on majestic stallions in an open field.
WildGiller
Honored Dwarf

Postby soiacc » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:24 am

I log in and see this...

Which character would you like to log in?

1. (current character) (Active)
2. hm^  (Active)
3. (null) (Active)
soiacc
Honored Dwarf

Postby Matt » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:24 pm

That's probably not good.
Matt
Ent Sapling

Postby krelm » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:53 am

soiacc wrote:I log in and see this...

1. (current character) (Active)
2. hm^  (Active)
3. (null) (Active)

This is an old bug that's been around since Atonement ALPHA. I think you can just retire them like any old character, but it'd probably be best to get Nimrod to destroy them.
One among the fence.
krelm
Calce Ferio asini Operarius

Postby soiacc » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:07 pm

1. (Current PC) (Active)
2. hm^  (Active)
3. Gethelp (Active)

It's growing sentient and offering advice now. :|

I did put in a ticket, but nothing ever happened, the ticket was closed and it was still like that, nothing changed.
Last edited by soiacc on Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
soiacc
Honored Dwarf

Postby Icarus » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:46 pm

Did you say it got fixed or no?
[Petition: Player] I am ready to begin my interdimensional adventure.

A mutilated little orc murmurs, nodding as he mutters,
"I fought good today. Yuh. Fought good, 'specially for bein' the kitchen-snaga. Yuh, I did."
Icarus
Staffer Emeritus

Postby soiacc » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:15 pm

nope, that is the most recent log in
soiacc
Honored Dwarf

Postby Justanothacivy » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:55 am

<worn on body> a ragged patchwork tunic
<worn around the chest> a tan leather gambeson

Now I know a lot of you have discovered this already, but SOME of you are finding it acceptable to wear lets say... two gambesons in these wearlocs. Or maybe a hauberk and a gambeson. <-- Ring a bell?

Why do we as players feel the need to exploit this instead of reporting it? Wearing effectively two chest armors is ridiculous. A padded undershirt and a hauberk? Sure. I'll roll with that. Well played.

Any other variation that doesn't hold water when asked to explain how you possible tucked on an entire extra piece of chest armor... just stop, please.
Things that made me smile:
Icarus wrote:I'm going to kill the next character I see doing stuff like that. I'm not joking.
Justanothacivy
Honored Dwarf

Postby tehkory » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:04 am

Justanothacivy wrote:<worn on body> a ragged patchwork tunic
<worn around the chest> a tan leather gambeson

Now I know a lot of you have discovered this already, but SOME of you are finding it acceptable to wear lets say... two gambesons in these wearlocs. Or maybe a hauberk and a gambeson. <-- Ring a bell?

Why do we as players feel the need to exploit this instead of reporting it? Wearing effectively two chest armors is ridiculous. A padded undershirt and a hauberk? Sure. I'll roll with that. Well played.

Any other variation that doesn't hold water when asked to explain how you possible tucked on an entire extra piece of chest armor... just stop, please.

Code: Select all
Nearly all types of damage your character might suffer in ParallelRPI targets a specific body location: you might be stabbed in the left eye, shot in the right forearm, stabbed in the abdomen or bludgeoned on the neck. The damage you receive will be lessened if you are wearing something over that location. You can tell what locations a piece of equipment will cover with the examine command. You'll get something that looks like:

It is a leather hauberk.
 It will cover the torso, and partially cover the neck,
 upper-arms, and upper-legs.
If you're wearing this hauberk and someone stabs you in the abdomen, the damage taken will be reduced by the full Armour Class of your hauberk. However, if you get bludgeoned on the neck, the damage taken will be reduced by only the partial Armour Class of your hauberk: the armour in question doesn't cover all your neck, only some. The difference between “primary” and “partial” protection is important.

Please note that -anything- covering you helps defray the blow, even if just a little bit. And anything you're wearing on the torso when you get stabbed there will take some damage.

You cannot wear two items that offer “primary” protection to the same location: if an item offers primary protection, it is too bulky to wear something else over or in conjunction with. However, you can wear any number of items that offer “partial” protection to the same location. This can lead to the “layering” of armour.

In addition to our leather hauberk, imagine we had the following item on as well:

It is a pair of metal plates attached by strings.
 It will partially cover the torso.
We now have pieces of armour that both cover, and partially cover, our toso. What happens when we get stabbed in the abdomen now?

It's a little complicated, but in a nutshell, your best piece of armour for this particular attack is nominated as the primary armour, and a portion of the second-best piece of armour's Armour Class is also contributed to defer the damage. In general, the effect basically upgrades your armour protection by one quality - your poor-quality hauberk instead acts as an ordinary-quality hauberk for the blow, but it depends greatly on the exact nature of the damage.

The downside of layering is weight: wearing multiple layers of armour will weigh your character down.

The list of locations is: head, eyes, neck, torso, upper-arms, lower-arms, hands, upper-legs, lower-legs, feet.

Or, in short:
unless Staff fugged up the code(which is possible?) what you're describing has no actual effective combat gains, and likely only makes things harder on the PC in question.

And unless the gambesons in question are bugged(by not offering full coverage when they should), this shouldn't be possible).

Of course, if we've got the old double-full-coverage bug from Atonement's Alpha, things could get scurry awful quick. But I doubt that's the case. Wearing a cloak/gambeson is probably your best bet right now.
tehkory
Master Ent

Postby Icarus » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:08 am

It also provides you no coded benefit. The code will treat a primary (the best one) as coded, but your under or over armor will only ever provide a certain max benefit. Wearing two of the same just makes you look like a twink, and will get you posted on the staff pnotes forum.
[Petition: Player] I am ready to begin my interdimensional adventure.

A mutilated little orc murmurs, nodding as he mutters,
"I fought good today. Yuh. Fought good, 'specially for bein' the kitchen-snaga. Yuh, I did."
Icarus
Staffer Emeritus

Postby Hazgarn » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:58 pm

I'd heard that the bug causing sparring weapons to do weird damage like frostbite had been fixed, but I ran into one of these in game. Are these just hold-overs from the earlier bug, or is that still a problem? And if we encounter bugged weapons what should we do with them?
SOI Mirkwood Map
SOI Wilderlands Map

I am also a Guide. Feel free to contact me through AIM or PM with questions about the game.
Hazgarn
Cartographer

Postby Throttle » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:02 pm

It's probably just an old one. Existing items don't update when their source object is changed. Just junk it and leave it at that; it's probably not even worth sending a ticket to ask for a new one since sparring weapons are fairly worthless and there's a glut of support tickets lately.
You notice a gigantic orb spider with raw-umber patterning's attention shift toward you!
You notice a giant orb spider with night patterning's attention shift toward you!
You notice a rugged orb spider with sepia patterning's attention shift toward you!
Throttle
Honored Elf

Postby soiacc » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:11 pm

Waterskins seem buggy...

Code: Select all
<****** / ^^^^^^ / ||||| > fill skin well
You fill a natural-hued water skin filled with water from a simple,
freshwater stone-and-wood well with water.

<****** / ^^^^^^ / ||||||> look in skin
A natural-hued water skin filled with water is less than half full of water.

<****** / ^^^^^^ / ||||||> fill skin well

A natural-hued water skin filled with water is more than half full of water.

<****** / ^^^^^^ / ||||||> fill skin well

A natural-hued water skin filled with water is less than half full of water.
soiacc
Honored Dwarf

Postby mongwen » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:14 pm

Is it a bug that the speak command doesn't actually work? I can type "speak dalish" all day and it says I switch languages, but it doesn't show in score or, for that matter, if I simply type speak, it says the only choice is common. Are languages just not yet implemented despite that they show in skills?
A yellow-eyed, blotchy-fleshed brown uruk slowly slunks over, sneakily swaggering with a sleek step.
mongwen
Honored Dwarf

Postby krelm » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:29 pm

mongwen wrote:Is it a bug that the speak command doesn't actually work? I can type "speak dalish" all day and it says I switch languages, but it doesn't show in score or, for that matter, if I simply type speak, it says the only choice is common. Are languages just not yet implemented despite that they show in skills?

It's implemented, it just doesn't echo to you. Also, when you log out and back in, it resets to common. If you were speaking Dalish around a PC who didn't know Dalish, they wouldn't understand you.
One among the fence.
krelm
Calce Ferio asini Operarius

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login