It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:33 pm
Change font size
Forum Home Public Utterby

Utterby

Utterby Wish List

A place for Staff and players alike to use to coordinate RPTs and in-game events. No IC info, please.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby Foxtrot » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:12 am

Oh wow. Those NPC's need to make an appearance. Everyone's murder holes would close up.

Other note: Would love a roaming troupe of actors to come to town.
Foxtrot
Forum Hobbit

Postby Hazgarn » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:20 am

Foxtrot wrote:Other note: Would love a roaming troupe of actors to come to town.

That is so weird. I had the exact same thought just today. :D
SOI Mirkwood Map
SOI Wilderlands Map

I am also a Guide. Feel free to contact me through AIM or PM with questions about the game.
Hazgarn
Cartographer

Postby krelm » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:46 am

I don't think that's the right desc for Zakur, according to this.
One among the fence.
krelm
Calce Ferio asini Operarius

Postby soiacc » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:17 pm

More housing! More inn rooms or cottages or something. PCs not having housing and places for personal belongings is seriously affecting certain skillset-oriented players. Not just woodworkers or tailors, but cooks too. With player housing (cabins or cottages or huts with hearths) people can cook at home, giving them more opportunities to practice.
soiacc
Honored Dwarf

Postby Jeshin » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:42 pm

We have a sweet public kitchen with firewood now for practice! Check it out!
Jeshin
Elf Recruit

Postby Pallando » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:54 pm

soiacc wrote:More housing! More inn rooms or cottages or something. PCs not having housing and places for personal belongings is seriously affecting certain skillset-oriented players. Not just woodworkers or tailors, but cooks too. With player housing (cabins or cottages or huts with hearths) people can cook at home, giving them more opportunities to practice.

A million percent agreed.
Pallando
Roleplay Admin

Postby soiacc » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:19 pm

Jeshin wrote:We have a sweet public kitchen with firewood now for practice! Check it out!

People cooking in an inn is not completely ic to me, it's a fix for there not being player housing in my opinion. We shouldn't have to rely on the Inn for everything. An inn, by defintion, is meant to be a place for temporary residence and visits, not long term, except with a few exceptions. I've never read a book where there was public cooking allowed in an inn's kitchen, quite the opposite. Usually an inn's kitchen is the head cook's private domain.
soiacc
Honored Dwarf

Postby Jeshin » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:21 pm

The Ironwood has a private kitchen and a public one, but point taken.
Jeshin
Elf Recruit

Postby Troubadour » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:41 am

Miss the fireplace in the main room at the Inn. Could that be returned, please?
Eugene wrote:
You want to be a skipping stone, making a myriad of ripples along the way.
Troubadour
Forum Hobbit

Postby Frigga » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:24 pm

Troubadour wrote:Miss the fireplace in the main room at the Inn. Could that be returned, please?

I removed that as to prevent people sitting in the main RP hot spot burning meat all night. ;) So if one was re added it wouldn't be for cooking with.

As to the kitchen in the Inn, I think there's a difference between not liking an idea and the idea not being in-character. The very reasons you don't like it might be the reason it exists.

The public kitchen exists as it does for a number of IC reasons and OOC considerations.

- While no, things attached to an Inn per say, but paying for the use of baking ovens is a long held idea from ancient into medieval times. There are hearths in both the Lodge and the Guard House, meaning baking is the only thing done exclusively at the public kitchen. Or cooking by independents. This is intentional, and I'll disagree doesn't fit in with the idea of things being done to make money.

- In Laketown, I don't imagine every household having a fully functional kitchen with an oven, stove, and hearth. I think an all wood town on pylons as protection against dragonsbreath would be cautious about such things. So I'd imagine it's a cultural thing also inherited from that.

- People practicing cooking at home doesn't help professional "cooks" it helps people who want to cook for themselves for free. ;) Which again, maybe that's intentional.

- Everyone having private crafting space was a common complaint in the past wherein people were impossible to find. Public crafting areas were thus created not just for IG reasons (the Master likes to make money) but with that mind.
Frigga
The Ice Queen

Postby Frigga » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:25 pm

Point taken about more housing though, which is an up coming expansion.
Frigga
The Ice Queen

Postby Troubadour » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:37 pm

Aw :( Wasn't aware of the cooking marathons. I just liked it for the fire atmosphere, especially during the cold months. If one could be put in for just heating/light purposes that would be great.
Eugene wrote:
You want to be a skipping stone, making a myriad of ripples along the way.
Troubadour
Forum Hobbit

Postby Matt » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:59 pm

You shouldn't remove a RP tool in a public area because some n00b was spamming burning meat. If anything if someone that works the bar walks into that it's even more RPz.
Matt
Ent Sapling

Postby Jeshin » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:24 pm

I will be petitioning Frigga to re-add it and see what we can do about creating an RP enviroment to discourage abuses of our fireplace.

PS - That fireplace deserves RPP for being a champ.
Jeshin
Elf Recruit

Postby Hazgarn » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:45 pm

Matt wrote:You shouldn't remove a RP tool in a public area because some n00b was spamming burning meat. If anything if someone that works the bar walks into that it's even more RPz.

For real. Back when I was a little newblet, I made the mistake on my first character of cooking at the fire place in the main hall...

In Saklithan Manor.

I don't remember now if it was Nazir or Narodar who caught me, but suffice it to say it wasn't a mistake I ever made again. :lol:
SOI Mirkwood Map
SOI Wilderlands Map

I am also a Guide. Feel free to contact me through AIM or PM with questions about the game.
Hazgarn
Cartographer

Postby Foxtrot » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:23 am

Could the hearth be like the torches that light up at night? Automagically fueled and crackling with warmth.

Totally other note: Where do the fancy people live? And they need to show up in town. Their presence is nil. There's already a high class, low class status happening. It's great when perceived 'high class' get humbled by an even higher class of folks. Would love to see Amandine walk into the Ironwood and have someone try to buy her a drink or ask her if she's stepped off the barge. (And the 'think's would be awesome...)
Foxtrot
Forum Hobbit

Postby SomeRandomFellow » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:23 am

I concur. I promise to gently guide (and punish) noobs who try to spam cook in the Inns hearth :p S'cold outside bro.
SomeRandomFellow
Verified Member

Postby soiacc » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:05 pm

the ability to sit while mending
soiacc
Honored Dwarf

Postby pinocchio » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:38 am

soiacc wrote:the ability to sit while mending

Or while lighting a pipe.
pinocchio
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Mavinero » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:59 pm

Or being able to stand while binding a bleeder.
A small, shell-grey-eyed male begins to flicker and flash, turning to a red color as such happens. Without warning, a slim, silver-hilted lightsaber hilt ignites with a ruby-hued length. "Incorrect. I am programmed for queries, not pleasure."
Mavinero
Dwarf Recruit

Postby EltanimRas » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:00 am

Pre-commencement shops. Not necessarily 6-hour Atonement-style shops, but a few more cosmetic options so we don't all start in the exact same outfit.

Maybe a handful of codedly useless RP props too?
EltanimRas
Master Ent

Postby radioactivejesus » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:11 pm

Mavinero wrote:Or being able to stand while binding a bleeder.

that would be pretty game changing. The whole point of having to sit to bind is to prevent players from being binded while they're in the middle of fighting. They need to be rescued and guarded so that they can sit down and receive medical attention
A really bad sword with a short blade lies here.
look sword
This sword hardly even a sword. It's kind of really just a piece of metal bent like a sword. Its blade is rather short. Kind of pathetic, really.
radioactivejesus
Ent Sapling

Postby pinocchio » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:37 pm

More unclanned safequit locations - like the center square, just inside both gates, the gambling den. Possibly the inn courtyard too.

Using the camp command in a public place where no one in his right mind would actually camp is awkward and embarrassing, but using the main RP hub as your sole log in and log out point is worse. Yes, fostering interaction is nice, but so is having a moment of peace to check your inventory, fix your dmote, and otherwise get IC before you have to start that interaction.
pinocchio
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Raukran » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:57 pm

Fishy smells at the docks, especially by the fish press or where else fishy smells are described.
I am not responsible for the actions of my characters.
Raukran
Unverified User

Postby mongwen » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:37 pm

soiacc wrote:the ability to sit while mending

Or sewing/knitting, be it with cloth or leather.
Not being forced to stand to treat or be treated.

I also disagree about being forced to sit while binding. You don't always have to sit down to deal with a bleeder. Foot yes, finger no. And yes I realize it's a bit on the ridiculous side to codedly have some wounds where you could sit and some where you couldn't, so I'm not suggesting that. I figure there must be a way to prohibit binding while the person's fighting, but make it so they don't have to sit down to be tended.
And yes these are all slightly O/T as these are general code tweaks, not Utterby wishes. My Utterby wishes dip into IC stuff so I won't go there.
A yellow-eyed, blotchy-fleshed brown uruk slowly slunks over, sneakily swaggering with a sleek step.
mongwen
Honored Dwarf

PreviousNext

Return to Utterby

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login