It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:02 pm
Change font size
Forum Home Public Orcs

Orcs

Orc Sphere Roles

All things yrkin. A place for Staff and players alike to use this space to coordinate RPTs and in-game events. Please keep in-character information off of this board.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Orc Sphere Roles

Postby Fulgrim » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:39 pm

1 RPP Roles:
Almost Worthwhile Fighter - Orc wrote:"Sha, ya've got some worthless snaga walkin' 'round these parts - most which ain't even last a day out in tha' Mirk. Some of 'em, though, through whatever trials and tri-bew-lay-shuns they been through before, some of 'em just might make it."

Hailing from one of the surrounding orkish tribes or perhaps even from as far west as Gundabad, you have, somehow, managed to stay alive for a while before finally making your way to Vadok Mal, beneath Striza. As any orc knows, even managing to survive past birth is a struggle, so making it this far is no small feat. As such, you have developed the necessary skills to survive the harsh orkish lifestyle - namely, combative skills.

+10 to a weapon skill, +5 to a combat supporting skill: Dual-Wield, Solo-Wield, Dodge, Deflect, Hide, or Sneak

Hardly Mentioned Crafter - Orc wrote:"Everyone knows tha' makers are tha' backbone of tha' tribe. Sure, tribe ain't gonna get nowhere without no fighters, but those fighters ain't gonna be livin' fighters without skins an' weapons, an' orkish makers are tha' best there is."

You come from the surounding orkish tribes or maybe even Gundabad, or the Misty Mountains, and, while most orcs spent their time fighting and dying, you spent yours fighting, surviving, and creating crude mockeries of various items, each useful in its own right. As such, you have grown accustomed to providing for your warband, and do so, either by your own free will or through force.

+10 to a Crafting Skill, +5 to a Non-Combat Skill

Orc of the Mirk wrote:"Get orcs from all over, really. Up north, down south - sha, ya know of a place, I prob'ly know'n orc from there. Here, though? Ya mostly get orcs from the Mirk. Weedy little shits, tha' lot of 'em. Good as skulks, though. Know how to move 'tween 'em trees."

Either coming from the surrounding orkish tribes or a smaller tribe, or even having survived as a feral orc, you've spent the majority of your life in Mirkwood, somewhere around Vadok Mal without specifically being a part of it - that is, until recently. The Mirk is all you know, and one doesn't go surviving as long as you have in such a hostile environment without having anything to show for it. This, obviously, doesn't mean your important in any way, it just means you know how to survive.

Choice of Experienced Warrior or Experienced Crafter boosts, and +10 to Hide or Sneak

2 RPP Roles:
Experienced Orc from Mount Gundabad / Experienced Orc from Dol Guldur wrote:"Ain't never met no orc as learned in combat as thems I met from Gundabad, or Dol Guldur. Bolg keeps his lot in line up north, and down south - I ain't know what it is that keeps 'em fightin' down there, but it's doing a good fuckin' job of it. Tha' uruks you meet from either'a these places likely to be tha' strongest you ever meet - but that ain't mean we're gettin' tha' best of tha' lot."

You are Uruk. You are fire-forged in war, and are intimately knowledgeable of tactics and warfare. You have seen battlefields in either the mountain passes of the Misty Mountains or as far south, in the darkness of Mirkwood and the Hill there and while. Your worth isn't marginal, as you were either bought as part of a deal with orcs far above your head, or happily given away for some perceived slight or injustice.

The leader of the Vadok Ushtarak has seen fit to provide for you, in exchange you swear your allegiance to no one else.

You will receive the following:
1 Weapon Skill Boost of +15
1 Supporting Skill Boost of +10 (Must be Non-crafting in nature)
1 Supporting Skill Boost of +5 (Must be Non-crafting in Nature)

Veteran of the Vadok Ushtarak wrote:"Striza, dead though he is, always had a good head fer hand-pickin' tha' best uruks out of a line-up. Sure, ya kin argue that Kreezur an' Jeex were lousy picks, but tha' fact remains that they's still good orcs what know how to fight. Tha' Veterans of tha' Vadok, while there ain't quite so many of 'em now, still ain't shit to thumb ya nose at."

Those long-time members of the Vadok Ushtarak tribe that existed alongside Chief Striza have long-since passed from the annals of history, where he remained. Some of the few remaining veterans have staked their claim and earned the respect of the rest of the Warband, and a few have stepped forward as prominent figures in the intervening time where Striza began replacing his lost warriors with slaves and captured prisoners of war.

1 Supporting Skill Boost of +10 (Must be Non-crafting in nature)
1 Supporting Skill Boost of +5 (Must be Non-crafting in Nature)

Private Ranking [You have been vetted by a senior Orc in the Warband.]

Accomplished War Engineer - Orc wrote:"No one's gonna argue that tha' shit orcs make is tha' prettiest shit. Sha, most orcs ain't even gonna argue that they shit is tha' -best- shit. But tha' thing about orkish makers, see, is that they kin make weapons an' armor out'a damn near -everything-. Once saw a warband on tha' march dressed in wooden armor, no lie!, that I was told was made from a bunch'a chairs they looted out of a tark village. An' ya know what? That warband went on to win a few battles with that stupid armor, too."

You have been part of the Vadok Ushtarak for some time now, and have lived as long because of your worth as a Maker. Through blood, sweat and tears you have staked out your value through the ingenuity and cruelty stemming from your own two hands, without sullying yourself with repeated maiming on the battlefield. The Warband needs you to supply it with armor, arms and other valuable supplies, and warriors in the tribe owe you protection from harm.

You will receive the following:
1 Craft-skill or Non-Combat Skill Boost of +15
1 Craft-Skill or Non-Combat Skill Boost of +10
1 Craft-Skill or Non-Combat Skill Boost of +5

Private Ranking [You have been vetted by a senior Orc in the Warband.]

Hunter of the Mirk - Orc wrote:"Tha' best of tha' hunters and skulks in tha' Mirk-- ya wouldn't believe how well theys can move through tha' trees. Scampering all over roots, through tha' branches, movin' through tha' tops of tha' trees just as easily as across tha' ground-- like spiders, nearly, and damn near just as quiet, to boot. Wouldn't know'n orc of tha' Mirk was tailin' ya till ya felt tha' knife in ya neck, an' prob'ly wouldn't know then, either."

You have long lived in the Mirkwood, growing darker as it is, either as a member of one of the local tribes or eking out an existence as a feral orc. You were captured or traded by someone or other, and now belong to the Vadok Ushtarak. However, your knowledge or years of experience on your own has made you somewhat more valuable than the average snaga. After much scrutiny and paranoia, you have been accepted as one of the Warband.

You will receive:
1 Supporting Skill Boost of +10 (May be Crafting or Non-crafting in nature)
1 Locked-Skill Boost of +5 (Must be either Hide or Sneak)
(Morgoth):
I had a part in everything.
Twice I destroyed the light and twice I failed.
I left ruin behind me when I returned.
But I also carried ruin with me.
She, the mistress of her own lust.
Fulgrim
Roleplay Admin

Re: Orc Sphere Roles

Postby Alcarin » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:57 pm

radioactivejesus wrote:
Fulgrim wrote:
Hailing from one of the surrounding orkish tribes or perhaps even from as far west as Gundabad

This is conflicting with previous staff verdicts that orcs were not allowed to be from the surrounding tribes in their background. Has this been changed to allow players to join in from one of the neighboring tribes to the vadok mal?

The Utterby Native role was previously not allowed in the human sphere. I'd imagine this is the orc equivalent: You can now be a native... If you have RPP for the role.
Alcarin

Postby Icarus » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:00 am

Indeed. As we stabilize and sort various things out, we allow for a few new things :-)
[Petition: Player] I am ready to begin my interdimensional adventure.

A mutilated little orc murmurs, nodding as he mutters,
"I fought good today. Yuh. Fought good, 'specially for bein' the kitchen-snaga. Yuh, I did."
Icarus
Staffer Emeritus

Postby Justanothacivy » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:26 am

They are being discussed last we heard from Staff.

One question on the Native Mirkwood Orc... what do the orcs call Mirkwood?

Are we going with the Mirk?
Things that made me smile:
Icarus wrote:I'm going to kill the next character I see doing stuff like that. I'm not joking.
Justanothacivy
Honored Dwarf

Postby Icarus » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:23 am

Mirkwood in the common tongue.
[Petition: Player] I am ready to begin my interdimensional adventure.

A mutilated little orc murmurs, nodding as he mutters,
"I fought good today. Yuh. Fought good, 'specially for bein' the kitchen-snaga. Yuh, I did."
Icarus
Staffer Emeritus

Postby Fulgrim » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:55 am

Here's a taste of what we have so far for the other tribes in the region besides the Vadok. Some of this is still being refined, but it's a good start:

Tribe: The Splintered Tusk
Leader: Uktharak
About: warg riders traditionally, tuned to the language and habits of their animal brethren. The Tusk's claimed territory borders with the Vadok Ushtarak to the west, though the two tribes are on relatively good terms following the pact Striza formed some years ago supplying meat in return for hides and weaponry, allowing the Vadok of the time to boost its numbers significantly. The tribe is composed traditionally of larger Orcs, some claiming ancestry from those in the Misty Mountains some way to the west. As a tribe the Tusk are known to be quick thinkers, calculating, and not always too quick to reach for the axe.

Tribe: The Yellow Eye
Leader: Thok
About: Thok and his band are one of the smaller tribes of Mirkwood, residing to the north of Vadok Ushtarak. Unsurprisingly they bear the insignia of a yellow painted eye into battle, on both their armor and their banners. The Eye have been led for some generations by a powerful Orkish family, Thok the son of a war-renown Orc Striza once fought for the current Vadok hunting grounds. As a family led tribe, bonds with the warrior Orcs are tight, and generally speaking they're tactically superior in the field.

Tribe: Wolf Fathers
Leader: Blit Wolfblood
About: Leader of the Wolf Fathers, Blit Wolfblood, is known best for his savage and reckless leadership of one of Mirkwood's largest and most savage Orc tribes. Probably one of the less intelligent Orcs of the region, Blit has been known to make unnecessarily bold and wasteful decisions in battle, throwing many of his warriors to their deaths. His followers are however incredibly devoted, believing him to be some kind of reincarnate Orc spirit. These Orcs are known to be somewhat invested in all kinds of religious rites and rituals, praising the wolf.

Tribe: The Shunned Moon Slaves
Leader: Snorthal
About: Also known as simply, "The Shunned", these Orcs are traditionally gelded and shackled for their first weeks, beaten and put to task mining, skinning, or metalcrafting. As such, Snorthal's crew are a group of somewhat skilled Orcs first and foremost turning a profit for various ventures outlined by their leaders, and second of all warriors in the field. Much of their muscle is trained in heavy weaponry, and some are known to be proficient hunters.

Tribe: Gijakpis Vras (Orcish: Bloodthirsty Assassins)
Leader: Jeex
About: Jeex, leader of the Vras, was once a close friend of Striza, and a devout member of Vadok Ushtarak. After a dispute which involved Zakur, now healer to the Vadok Mal, Jeez was outcast, where he went on to form his own band of hunters and scouts - suffice to say he has spread his hatred to his followers. Over the years Jeex embedded his tribe into this western portion of Mirkwood, carving out a territory with guerrilla tactics and cunning. Traditionally, while fearsome fighters in woodland, the Vras are also known to be proficient light infantry in pitch battle, thanks to their equipment and training.

Use this as a reference for designing orcs from the neighboring tribes.
(Morgoth):
Fulgrim
Roleplay Admin

Postby Fulgrim » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:17 pm

ROLES ARE NOW POSTED FOR APPROVAL.

The only special things to note are you are still allowed to roll an orc from the Misty Mountains or southern Mirkwood without requisite RPP, but you are but a mere goblin or orc of no note, rather than some BA warrior or something of the like.

And "Private" clanning gives you a payday, which can be used however you want, at the moment there's not too many uses for it but that might change in the near future.
(Morgoth):
Fulgrim
Roleplay Admin

Return to Orcs

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login