It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:35 pm
Change font size
Forum Home Public Crafts

Crafts

Crafting Requests

Suggest crafts, talk about existing crafts, debate the finer points of your craftiness.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Re: Crafting Requests

Postby Forceknight » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:04 am

I've played both an orc and a human woodsman(or woodsorc)and there's a significant advantage to how the human sphere is set up (especially for off-peak players like me).

You can go a couple of rooms out of the Utterby gates and the rooms are set up so you can forage immediately for copses; in the orc sphere you're similiarly right in the middle of forest after a couple of rooms but you have to travel dangerously far to find a room that is flagged to be foraged for copses. I don't know if it was just my forage skill, but it seems like there's a big swath of rooms that "forage survey" only reveals knotted tree-roots, despite the descriptions of thick forest.

It makes being an orc woodcrafter far riskier, perhaps intentionally, but its frustrating having to pass through so many forest rooms to find a "suitable tree". The obvious answer is "don't go out alone", but I play off-peak hours during the week and theres rarely anyone on during those hours to go out with.

It's probably a really specific problem but its frustrating cos I like orcs (and killing trees).
Forceknight
Forum Hobbit

Postby MrT2G » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:25 pm

Forceknight wrote:I've played both an orc and a human woodsman(or woodsorc)and there's a significant advantage to how the human sphere is set up (especially for off-peak players like me).

You can go a couple of rooms out of the Utterby gates and the rooms are set up so you can forage immediately for copses; in the orc sphere you're similiarly right in the middle of forest after a couple of rooms but you have to travel dangerously far to find a room that is flagged to be foraged for copses. I don't know if it was just my forage skill, but it seems like there's a big swath of rooms that "forage survey" only reveals knotted tree-roots, despite the descriptions of thick forest.

It makes being an orc woodcrafter far riskier, perhaps intentionally, but its frustrating having to pass through so many forest rooms to find a "suitable tree". The obvious answer is "don't go out alone", but I play off-peak hours during the week and theres rarely anyone on during those hours to go out with.

It's probably a really specific problem but its frustrating cos I like orcs (and killing trees).

My understanding is that this is suppose to be balance by the orcs' access to stone. However, stonecraft is useless for most practicable day-to-day purposes. :|

Of course, orcs need a handicap anyways or else it wouldn't be fair! :lol:
A curvy, copper-haired woman drops a small, strawberry-blonde toddler girl.
MrT2G
Elf Recruit

Postby Onasaki » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:17 pm

Can we PLEASE for the love of my sanity, get ordinary, poor, and trash separated again in the craft list? It's a pain in the ass having to go to weaponcrafting and seeing a long as crap list of crafts.

Also, You can still branch old-weaponcrafting with new weaponcrafting, unless it's been fixed since the last time I stated this.
I have two forces by my side
One's the truth and one's a lie
Which one's which I cannot tell
This enigma is my hell

Onasaki
Honored Elf

Postby MrDvAnt » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:36 am

I have a thought. It relates directly to weaponcrafting because that's what I'm familiar with, but it could go to other crafts as well if there are similar systems in place.

Right now, even a master smith could get a few crappy rolls and make a shoddy blade and that seems a bit off. I was thinking that maybe at each skill category, amateur, apprentice, talented, etc, that a +5 or so base be added to the roll for quality.

So, say you make the roll for the quality of a weapon, and you roll your weaponcrafting x 3 and get a 35. Now, say you're adroit in weaponcrafting, so you get a base of +15 added to the result. That would make it less likely for skilled smiths to produce absolute crap weapons.

My numbers here were purely theoretical, so take them with a grain of salt, it's the idea that I'm trying to promote.
MrDvAnt
Honored Elf

Postby Hazgarn » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:43 am

Can we please, please have a few of the cooking crafts which use gamebird fat altered to use boar fat as well?
SOI Mirkwood Map
SOI Wilderlands Map

I am also a Guide. Feel free to contact me through AIM or PM with questions about the game.
Hazgarn
Cartographer

Postby Frigga » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:55 am

Boar fat isn't directly usable in it's raw form like gamebird fat. However - you'll see a new fat alternative to that gamebird fat after the next reboot.
Frigga
The Ice Queen

Postby Onasaki » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:47 pm

Can we have Basic-Sword-Hilts removed, as well as basic-Wood-axe, and everything in Basic-Metal-Weaponcrafting, if it's not already?

'Cause it still confuses me sometimes.

I also am not sure if old-ordinary crafts have been completely removed yet.
This enigma is my hell

Onasaki
Honored Elf

Postby Icarus » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:15 pm

I removed a number of them today.

Could you PM me a list of defunct crafts? It'd make my job a bit easier.
[Petition: Player] I am ready to begin my interdimensional adventure.

A mutilated little orc murmurs, nodding as he mutters,
"I fought good today. Yuh. Fought good, 'specially for bein' the kitchen-snaga. Yuh, I did."
Icarus
Staffer Emeritus

Postby soiacc » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:45 am

Things I'd love to see eventually...
beds
rocking chair
dresser/wardrobe
nightstand
couches
armchair
cupboards
cradle
wagons/carts
soiacc
Honored Dwarf

Postby SomeRandomFellow » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:27 am

Agree with all of the above ^
Also:
Teacups
Teapots
Tea
Perfume
Hip & Wrist sheathes
Paper
Drunk Code
Walking sticks
Rugs / Floor mats
Bathtubs / washbasins
SomeRandomFellow
Verified Member

Postby Onasaki » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:31 am

SomeRandomFellow wrote:Agree with all of the above ^

Hip & Wrist sheathes

We have hip sheathes. They're the ones you wear on a belt. What I'd like to see is ankle sheathes.
This enigma is my hell

Onasaki
Honored Elf

Postby SomeRandomFellow » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:35 am

I meant like these bad boys. I guess it would be more of a thigh than a hip in retrospect.
SomeRandomFellow
Verified Member

Postby EltanimRas » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:40 am

That Tricky 'E': Making Verbs Out of Nouns

[Not that it's a big deal, but we are playing a game with a whole lot of melee weapons.]
Last edited by EltanimRas on Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
EltanimRas
Master Ent

Postby Onasaki » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:04 am

Can we get plain-wooden-haft turned into smooth long hafts? Since weapon hafts are generally defunct?
This enigma is my hell

Onasaki
Honored Elf

Postby Snapdragon » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:05 pm

Studded leather armor pieces as an opening craft to metal-infused armor please.
Snapdragon
Dwarf Recruit

Postby MrT2G » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:48 pm

medium-sized spears
A curvy, copper-haired woman drops a small, strawberry-blonde toddler girl.
MrT2G
Elf Recruit

Postby Snapdragon » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:26 pm

Onasaki wrote:Can we get plain-wooden-haft turned into smooth long hafts? Since weapon hafts are generally defunct?

There are a couple of metalworking crafts that require a plain-wooden-haft.
Snapdragon
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Raukran » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:38 am

Could we have the new butcher knives added to some of the older butchering crafts? I understand that older knives won't be added to the new crafts, but for those of us with butcher knives, it'd be nice if we didn't need to carry one of the older knives as well. The crafts I'm seeing that make sense to me are; gut unscaled-fish, press fish-oil, gut plucked-gamebird, and drain blood.
I am not responsible for the actions of my characters.
Raukran
Unverified User

Postby Eru » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:58 am

Can the leatherworking crafts also include a pair of $metaltype shears to be -held- like they do in the armorcraft?
Eru
Guide

Postby ThinkTwice » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:55 am

Mentioned elsewhere, put up here:

-a craft to make medkits in-game, preferrably via a medicine craft
- perhaps through a joint forage + medicine craft to collect reagents. Maybe "a handful of medicinal herbs" that, alone, can be used to treat wounds but give a skill penalty to reflect shoving a handful of raw herbs into a wound.
-a craft to make a well-stocked healers kit that is difficult to make but provides a skill bonus to first aid.

Eta: is there a way to submit crafts? I'll write these up and submit them, if they may get used.
ThinkTwice
Honored Dwarf

Postby Matt » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:30 pm

A craft to turn pelts into rugs you can sit on!
Matt
Ent Sapling

Postby Real » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:01 am

ThinkTwice wrote:Is there a way to submit crafts? I'll write these up and submit them, if they may get used.

There was a way to do it before using cset commands but you can structure it similarly and still help with most of the craft, and it may get used. With variables it gets weird.

--

Object References:
a bunch of sewing needles $1
a rough, $metaltype knife $2
a small pot of boiling water OR a large cauldron of boiling water $3
some great herbs OR a bunch of white-tipped petals (unprocessed) $4
a sterilized, bleached bandage $5
a bundled medkit $6

Phase 1: 20 seconds
Held or in Room (Consumed): $1
Held or in Room (Consumed): $2
1st-person Echo: You take up $1 and pack them into the corner of a small cloth bundle, laying $2 lengthwise to create the form of the kit.
3rd-person Echo: @ stacks $1 into a small cloth bundle and adds $2 lengthwise to form the beginnings of a kit.

Phase 2: 30 seconds
1st-person Echo: You fold the bundle and cut it near the middle to create a pouch, rolling the pieces of the kit into it and tamping them down to leave room for the medication to come.
3rd-person Echo: Folding the bundle, @ slices it near the middle to create a pouch and fills it with the kit so far.

Phase 3: 20 seconds Familiar Medicine skill required.
In Room (Reusable): $3
In Room (Consumed): 5 of $4
Failure Produces: $1
Failure Produces: $2

1st-person Echo: You set $3 before you and grind up $4 using the flat of $2's blade, slicing very thinly and adding them to a waxy-looking salve, which is packed between thin sheets of sterilized cloth and boiled for some time. When the concoction is done, you allow it to cool and pack it on top of the rest of the kit.
3rd-person Echo: @ grinds up $4 and slices it using the flat of $2's blade, mixing it in with some salve and boiling it within $3 for some time, only to add it to their kit.

1st-person Failure: You begin to prepare the salve, but boil the herbs too long and their medical properties are wasted.
3rd-person Failure: @ begins to prepare a salve, but boils their herbs too long and throws them out.

Phase 4: 10 Seconds
In Room (Consumed): 24 of $5
Produced: $6
1st-person Echo: Finally, you roll up $5 and pack them into the top of your bundle, closing it up and sticking a pin through the flap to leave $6.
3rd-person Echo: @ rolls up $5 and packs them into the bundle, finishing their work and laying aside $6.
Everything gets smaller now the further that I go
Towards the mouth and the reunion of the known and the unknown
Consider yourself lucky if you think of it as home
You can move mountains with your misery if you don't
Real
Elf Recruit

Postby MrDvAnt » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:33 am

I'd like to see something that uses all these tanned, not scudded, pelts that are lying around using up space.
MrDvAnt
Honored Elf

Postby Inzannadee » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:41 pm

MrDvAnt wrote:I'd like to see something that uses all these tanned, not scudded, pelts that are lying around using up space.

Would love to see more furred and sueded goods! Fur-trimmed boots, fur-trimmed gloves, suede boots, suede tops, combination suede with fur.
Inzannadee
Dwarf Recruit

Postby mongwen » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:17 am

Not sure what you've got planned in the farming craftsets, but I suggest adding the wild rice like we had back in Caolafon to it, as well as to foraging. Then of course you'll need recipes for the cooking craftssets. Fortunately you can have a lot of fun with rice.
A yellow-eyed, blotchy-fleshed brown uruk slowly slunks over, sneakily swaggering with a sleek step.
mongwen
Honored Dwarf

PreviousNext

Return to Crafts

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login