It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:30 am
Change font size

Staff Announcements

Adventures in Mirkwood

Game related announcements from the staff, including RPTs, general plot information, etc...

Moderator: Elder Staff

Adventures in Mirkwood

Postby Alcarin » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:45 pm

Hello!

Soon, all of you will notice a new craftset appearing in your crafts list.

This craftset has been given the name 'Mirkwood' for now, and will be a place for me to test items intended to make things a little bit more automated in Mirkwood for our combat players.

You should be free (after our next reboot) to check out the two crafts that have now been deemed ready for supervised testing on the player port, and hopefully we've got them in in time for you guys to start playing with this week, or this weekend at the latest.

As of this moment, the crafts themselves will not be craftable; the required items have to be loaded by staff, at which point they will begin making the world progressively more dangerous and spooky, unless taken care of by players.

Keep in mind that we will be watching these crafts and any incidents involving them VERY closely, and if you find any bugs we'd love it if you point them out and try to bear with us.

Just be forewarned now: Mirkwood is going to become more dangerous again, unless groups patrol more regularly to fight back those dangers.

More details will be posted soon!
Alcarin

Re: Adventures in Mirkwood

Postby Alcarin » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:53 pm

As promised, here are some more details for you guys:

At the moment, we have two Mirkwood crafts that should now be opened on every player's file.

We will be testing out a potentially highly dangerous, automated system of dealing with the threat currently in the woods north of Utterby, and there may be some extremely dangerous mobs lurking out there, starting tonight.

If you stay out of the northernmost woods, you SHOULD be okay. But if you do step into the woods, beware! You do so at your own peril!

Staff will be watching over this test VERY closely to try and monitor the results. But for now, humans, don your boots and step out into the woods if you care to test your bravery!

Any questions, comments, concerns or complaints should be addressed to me or Elder Staff (preferrably Icarus, as lead Mirkwood Staffer). But mostly me, this is my pet project of the moment. :)
Alcarin

Postby Alcarin » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:56 pm

Just as a random heads up, we have rebalanced these crafts and systems somewhat in response to player feedback.

Expect to see changes on the next reboot.
Alcarin

Postby Alcarin » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:05 am

For the moment, we are done testing this particular system.

We learned a lot about how we want to do things in the future, and how we don't want to do them, as well.

Thanks to all who participated, hope you had fun!
Alcarin

Return to Staff Announcements

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login