It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:41 pm
Change font size
Forum Home Public Crafts

Crafts

Armor compatibility

Suggest crafts, talk about existing crafts, debate the finer points of your craftiness.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Armor compatibility

Postby Matt » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:33 pm

So with the new armor coming in I noticed it's moved from the whole gambeson thing to hauberk/leggings. But if I'm a weakling and want a metal hauberk and the rest leather I can't do that. I think all levels of armor need to be compatible when it comes to wearlocs.

So I'm proposing doing away with gambesons and adding regular leather hauberks and leggings!
Matt
Ent Sapling

Re: Armor compatibility

Postby Alcarin » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:43 pm

Currently, the hauberk objects and gambeson objects cover identical locations and wearlocs.

So, you should be able to mix and match freely, once everything goes live.

Translation? We lazy sometimes. ;)
Alcarin

Postby Fulgrim » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:45 pm

The wearlocs are the same for the "four-piece" setup across the board. You can mix and match "sets" to your heart's content. I designed it to interchange.

G-quality and above (Squality we probably won't ever get to, even by open) will actually be single bodyloc pieces in each of those respective sets, to create a bit of rift on when someone can field a whole suit of whatever. But Oquality and below will have the basic four-item sets, yeah.

ETA:

The reasoning for this design decision? I want there to be more upkeep for maintaining a full suit. Also, you can't interchange more than a piece or two of G-quality gear with O-quality gear this way. It's possible, just not with every bodyloc.
(Morgoth):
I had a part in everything.
Twice I destroyed the light and twice I failed.
I left ruin behind me when I returned.
But I also carried ruin with me.
She, the mistress of her own lust.
Fulgrim
Roleplay Admin

Postby Matt » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:50 pm

OK, cool, and can't argue with that. Just hauberk vs gambeson with protected locations was a bit misleading.
Matt
Ent Sapling

Return to Crafts

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login