It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:36 am
Change font size

General Discussion

Tweaking day/night cycle.

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Tweaking day/night cycle.

Postby Gobbo » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:11 am

I'm in an unfortunate situation right now where the only times I can play in the morning at night are right in the middle of IG night which is very bad for me and my character.

I was wondering if it is possible to adjust the day night cycle so that some days the nights and days are reversed so when I log in to my playtimes I am not in darkness? I'm sure I'm not the only sufferer of this.
Gobbo
Honored Dwarf

Re: Tweaking day/night cycle.

Postby krelm » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:58 am

They days and nights actually get longer and shorter from season to season. It probably sucks now, but when summer rocks around and the days get longer it might work itself out.

Plus, what about all the people who can only play certain times, but those times happen to fall in the day? Suddenly they'd be the ones whose playtimes only fell during night, and this thread would crop up infinitely.
One among the fence.
krelm
Calce Ferio asini Operarius

Postby EltanimRas » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:25 pm

We could pick a time multiplier that didn't divide evenly into twenty-four. I think some people like having predictable-ish dawns for ooc mini-rpt/patrol scheduling purposes, though.

ETA: Is timeconvert working right now?
EltanimRas
Master Ent

Postby Real » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:44 pm

EltanimRas wrote:predictable-ish dawns for ooc mini-rpt/patrol scheduling purposes

Really, this.
It's going to be near-impossible to plan combat RPTs a few days in advance for a specific time of day if it shifts unevenly.

Also, because dawn is at a specific time every day, I can schedule my RL errands and stuff around 2PM my time, 8 PM my time, 2 AM my time, etc.

Timeconvert is so not working in any reasonable function, from what I can tell.
But I could be using it wrong.
Everything gets smaller now the further that I go
Towards the mouth and the reunion of the known and the unknown
Consider yourself lucky if you think of it as home
You can move mountains with your misery if you don't
Real
Elf Recruit

Postby Gobbo » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:55 pm

EltanimRas wrote:We could pick a time multiplier that didn't divide evenly into twenty-four. I think some people like having predictable-ish dawns for ooc mini-rpt/patrol scheduling purposes, though.

ETA: Is timeconvert working right now?

This is what I was trying to mean. Some days I can log in at my usual time and it will be night and other times its day. This is preferred over 100% night.
Gobbo
Honored Dwarf

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login