It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:31 am
Change font size

General Discussion

Concerns and Constructive Criticism

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Re: Concerns and Constructive Criticism

Postby Matt » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:26 pm

Stuff like this just ruins the integrity of the whole thing for me. People being dead one moment and RPing it that way then them suddenly being alive and talking. That and if you rezz one person in a RPT and another dies? It just scraps the whole thing to me. But, done arguing. We'll see what Frigga/Icarus decide I guess.
Matt
Ent Sapling

Postby Ava » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:38 pm

I don't know anything about this situation, but I recall seeing Icarus saying there was an absolute no-rez policy. If this is circumstantial anyway (like how special apps became), can we please get firm guidelines put in place?
Ava
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Matt » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:39 pm

Icarus wrote:So, for the sake of sanity, let's chalk this one up to some oddness on the part of the IMMs and move on with our lives.

I have reinforced the no-rez policy upstairs.

ICly, Striza isn't pleased that orcs he paid good coin for get killed by each other. Encouragement on throwing people in the pit for a day or two if they are truly being arses.

I'll even build you whips if you'd like to punish people without murdering them.

This is the last thing I could find about Rezzes on the forums. Posted a month and a half ago.
Matt
Ent Sapling

Postby Fulgrim » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:42 pm

I don't mind that you guys bring it up on the board, as long as you avoid IC info. If you feel like something was mishandled, I can't say you aren't in the right with trying to pursue followup with Icarus and Frigga.

I'll hold all further comments, at risk of sounding clueless.
(Morgoth):
I had a part in everything.
Twice I destroyed the light and twice I failed.
I left ruin behind me when I returned.
But I also carried ruin with me.
She, the mistress of her own lust.
Fulgrim
Roleplay Admin

Postby Matt » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:46 pm

Fulgrim wrote:I don't mind that you guys bring it up on the board, as long as you avoid IC info. If you feel like something was mishandled, I can't say you aren't in the right with trying to pursue followup with Icarus and Frigga.

I'll hold all further comments, at risk of sounding clueless.

Well I definitely appreciate this comment, Fulgrim. I don't think it was done as anything more then a quick split second decision. But when one PC dies of silliness and doesn't get rezzed and then something similar happens and another does it's definitely very frustrating.
Matt
Ent Sapling

Postby Hawkwind » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:15 pm

Today we learned there are no exceptions to blanket rules, beta hoaaa!
JESUS CHRIST, THE HELIUM!
PS4 Handle - Roadhawkes
Tags Taken: Eru I, Mavinero I.
Hawkwind
Honored Elf

Postby Smooly » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:29 pm

Ava wrote:I don't know anything about this situation, but I recall seeing Icarus saying there was an absolute no-rez policy. If this is circumstantial anyway (like how special apps became), can we please get firm guidelines put in place?
Smooly
Verified Member

Postby someguy » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:16 pm

Taurgalas wrote:This was an RPT situation wherein staff-initiated code bucked wildly, the staff involved acted to correct that as quickly as possible. Please direct any and all concerns to Elder Staff. Thanks.

I think that wanting to know when the (stupid) blanket no rez policy got changed without anyone being notified is a pretty reasonable thing to make public.
someguy
Forum Hobbit

Postby krelm » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:19 pm

Also, is the policy lifted entirely? Is the blanket policy still in effect? Was there actually a one-time-only rezz? This is all pertinent information.

Also, maybe this discussion ought to be moved here.
One among the fence.
krelm
Calce Ferio asini Operarius

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login