Change font size

General Discussion

Upgrade Timer

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Re: Upgrade Timer

Postby Raukran » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:44 pm

tehkory wrote:
Raukran wrote:Your body and mind are still recovering from your last upgrade.
Code: Select all
sleep (passing out)
As you sleep, you dream of a wondrous addition to the game. Suddenly, upgrade only takes a month! And presence is visible in score, and works with upgrade!

But it's only a dream.

Sounds more like a nightmare.
I am not responsible for the actions of my characters.
Raukran
Unverified User

Postby Matt » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:09 pm

Speaking of presence showing in score... sounds like an easy fix that'd be great.
Matt
Ent Sapling

Postby Holmes » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:37 am

Matt wrote:Speaking of presence showing in score... sounds like an easy fix that'd be great.

I just submitted this, assuming there's no staff-side reason I was unaware of it existing, it should be in as soon as Nimrod approves and updates.
Holmes
Elf Recruit

Postby Droll » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:51 pm

So, it is also impossible to be taught anything while you are at your point cap. Seeing as it is impossible to learn a craft by doing despite the forums saying as much, can we please get a 1 month timer?
[A burning comet headed straight for your head is online. Use NOTIFY to reply in kind.]
Droll
Honored Dwarf

Postby tehkory » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:56 pm

Droll wrote:So, it is also impossible to be taught anything while you are at your point cap. Seeing as it is impossible to learn a craft by doing despite the forums saying as much, can we please get a 1 month timer?

*thinks*A work-around(that I wouldn't consider abuse) might be so-and-so teaching you a few low-level crafts in X, then you using those to learn it.
tehkory
Master Ent

Postby Droll » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:00 pm

That..is an excellent point.
[A burning comet headed straight for your head is online. Use NOTIFY to reply in kind.]
Droll
Honored Dwarf

Postby Droll » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:10 pm

And, nope. Wouldn't let me learn any of the crafts in X, though that could just be because there was just an attempt to learn the skill instead of not actually having any points in said skill.
Droll
Honored Dwarf

Postby tehkory » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:13 pm

Droll wrote:And, nope. Wouldn't let me learn any of the crafts in X, though that could just be because there was just an attempt to learn the skill instead of not actually having any points in said skill.

I thought it might not work. Fair enough! This is just another reason to see the one-month timer back.
tehkory
Master Ent

Postby Rivean » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:28 pm

I approve of the 1 month timer. I've never had a PC that lived less than a few centuries, but for a lot of people (particularly people involved more heavily in combat) 3 months is a very high estimate for life expectancy.

Also, I approve of the character generator giving you exactly what you ask for. Failing that, the upgrade command becomes even more important.
Rivean
Honored Elf

Postby Raukran » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:54 pm

It's been a week since the last bump.
I am not responsible for the actions of my characters.
Raukran
Unverified User

Postby Holmes » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:48 pm

This is a two second change, but the lack of Admin input suggests that it's probably not a desired one.
Holmes
Elf Recruit

Postby Tiamat » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:50 pm

I personally removed the upgrade command in ARPI, and I still don't agree with its use. But it seems that there's been little discussion about this Staff-side. This would be one of those, "nice to have, but not top priority" things, currently.
Tiamat
Honored Elf

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login