It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:48 pm
Change font size

General Discussion

2 RPP role drafts

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

2 RPP role drafts

Postby Matt » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:10 pm

A veteran warrior of Esgaroth-Laketown, or hailing from any of the small Woodmen towns along the River Running or in the eaves of Mirkwood, you have lived the life as a man-at-arms, a militia member, a caravan guard, or perhaps even a mercenary. You have earned your living through iron and blood and your body and mind are accustomed to the vigor of warfare. You arrive now on a barge to Utterby to join the Merchant Guard and continue your warrior's life or perhaps you seek to retire into the Lodge and take up a craft, or you seek to join the regular patrons of the Gambling Den at the Ironwood Inn. Whatever your future endeavours, you bring your experience with you as you call Utterby your new home. Whatever your background you're a hardened warrior. Maybe of some fame, maybe a young warrior up and coming talent. One things for sure, you're a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield.

Special requests to elder staff with this role as a base are possible.

+15 to a weapon skill, +10 to a second weapon skill, +5 to a defensive skill or a third weapon skill. +200 starter coin for your previous earnings in your chosen profession.

A notable tradesmen of Esgaroth-Laketown, or hailing from any of the small Woodmen towns along the River Running or in the eaves of Mirkwood, you have lived the life as a hunter, a fisherman, a farmer, or any of the number of handicrafts and endeavors that Men embrace to feed, clothe, and house themselves. You have earned your living through sweat and effort and your body and mind are accustomed to hard-work and long hours. You arrive now on a barge to Utterby to join Master Gararic's Lumber Lodge or the Merchant Guard, or perhaps you seek the more difficult road of an independent crafter. Whatever your future endeavours, you bring your experience with you as you call Utterby your new home. Whatever your background you've skilled hands in your trade. Likely you've been through some kind of professional training.

Special requests to elder staff with this role as a base are possible.

+15 to a non-combat skill of your choice, +10 to a second non-combat skill of your choice, +5 to a third non-combat skill of your choice or may be stacked with your +10 boost. +200 starter coin for your previous earnings in your chosen profession.
Matt
Ent Sapling

Re: 2 RPP role drafts

Postby tehkory » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:41 pm

+10 to a weapon skill, +5 to Dual-Wield, Solo-Wield, Dodge, or Block

Sum of 15. This then goes to 2RPP, which is a sum of 30 for 2RPP. That's probably a bit much, in my eyes.

1RPP=15 boosts, 2RPP=25 boosts, 3RPP=40 boosts, 4RPP=60. 5RPP=80 boosts
This was Atonement RPI, at the point that I made my 5RPP PC.
10/5, 15/10, 15/10/10. So 15, 25, 35.

This is/was what Parallel went with.

Right now you're already ahead of both of those in boosts, just to put things in perspective. Whether that's fine or not, that's not my call(I'd say it's better to be conservative with boosts, personally).

The coin equates to 'extra gear from chargen,' since you can essentially use it to buy right when you enter the game, which is something Staff might want to consider(since they won't be giving gear from chargen, they've said).

I'd nerf it a bit, personally, but it's only a touch overpowered. It's certainly no Atonement early-beta insane adroit-deflect or master-long-blade for 3RPP, so I'm not going to cry foul if it goes in as-is.
tehkory
Master Ent

Postby krelm » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:51 pm

Kory wrote:ARPI/Parallel

Keep in mind that we're also starting much, much lower here than we did on both those games. In Atonement and Parallel, if you chose 4 skills, you started out at mid-to-high familiar. Here, you choose 4 skills and, if your stat rolls are lucky enough (see: you know how to make the chargen stat roller work properly, which only like 3 people know how to do), you start out at high amateur.
One among the fence.
krelm
Calce Ferio asini Operarius

Postby Songweaver » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:55 pm

To note is that starting skill pools are also a significant deal lower here than in ARPI. You can break into low familiar opening territory in the current system, with the right build. It's not easy, though, or necessary preferable.

I'd suggest (for combatants, no time to suggest for crafters at the moment):

1RPP: +10/+5 (15)
2RPP: +15/+10/+5 (30) (cost: 1RPP)
3RPP: +20/+10/+10 (40) (cost: 1RPP)
4RPP: +20/+20/+15 (55) (cost: 2RPP)
5RPP: +25/+25/+20 (70) (cost: 3RPP)

To note is that this should ensure that nobody ever starts at Master level in skills with the current system, no matter how many RPP they have.
Songweaver
Ent Sapling

Postby Matt » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:59 pm

What Krelm said.
Matt
Ent Sapling

Postby Matt » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:08 pm

Also making it so you can't use the coin in chargen would make sense to me.
Matt
Ent Sapling

Postby Fulgrim » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:32 pm

Songweaver wrote:To note is that starting skill pools are also a significant deal lower here than in ARPI. You can break into low familiar opening territory in the current system, with the right build. It's not easy, though, or necessary preferable.

I'd suggest (for combatants, no time to suggest for crafters at the moment):

1RPP: +10/+5 (15)
3RPP: +20/+10/+10 (40) (cost: 1RPP)
4RPP: +20/+20/+15 (55) (cost: 2RPP)
5RPP: +25/+25/+20 (70) (cost: 3RPP)

To note is that this should ensure that nobody ever starts at Master level in skills with the current system, no matter how many RPP they have.

I'll bring this up at the next meeting.
(Morgoth):
I had a part in everything.
Twice I destroyed the light and twice I failed.
I left ruin behind me when I returned.
But I also carried ruin with me.
She, the mistress of her own lust.
Fulgrim
Roleplay Admin

Postby Matt » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:49 pm

A RPP for +15 in skill points? That seems pretty steep, like really steep.
Matt
Ent Sapling

Postby krelm » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:36 pm

Matt wrote:A RPP for +15 in skill points? That seems pretty steep, like really steep.

An RPP for 30 total. +15 to a weapon skill would put you around 5 points from talented. Though, roles have traditionally never costed RPP.
One among the fence.
krelm
Calce Ferio asini Operarius

Postby Matt » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:53 pm

By 15 I mean I could just take the 1 RPP role and get a 15 boost and not lose a point.
Matt
Ent Sapling

Postby Fulgrim » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:19 pm

Roles currently don't cost RPP.
(Morgoth):
I had a part in everything.
Twice I destroyed the light and twice I failed.
I left ruin behind me when I returned.
But I also carried ruin with me.
She, the mistress of her own lust.
Fulgrim
Roleplay Admin

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login