It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:10 am
Change font size

General Discussion

In-Game Screen-Width

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

In-Game Screen-Width

Postby likui » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:26 pm

I've been having a problem lately trying to read the text on my screen in-game. The lines break early so that the text output occupies slightly less than half my screen's width, resulting in information in large-desc rooms scrolling out of sight the moment I step in, prior to any room activity.

I'm rather new to MUDs (haven't played any MUDs in over three years) and am unfamiliar with the MUSH Client program I'm currently using. Is there any way to change the settings to maximize the words in a line before it breaks?
likui
Honored Dwarf

Re: In-Game Screen-Width

Postby krelm » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:30 pm

There is! If you click one of those little buttons near the top (the one that looks like a little computer screen), you should be able to find the 'output' section in the menu that pops up, which ought to allow you to change the linebreak width and all sorts of crap.

I've never screwed around with it, but theoretically it should work, unless the RPI+ engine breaks at 80 characters regardless of what you tell your client to do.
One among the fence.
krelm
Calce Ferio asini Operarius

Postby Holmes » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:32 pm

krelm wrote:There is! If you click one of those little buttons near the top (the one that looks like a little computer screen), you should be able to find the 'output' section in the menu that pops up, which ought to allow you to change the linebreak width and all sorts of crap.

I've never screwed around with it, but theoretically it should work, unless the RPI+ engine breaks at 80 characters regardless of what you tell your client to do.

I think linebreaks may be enforced for most things, but I could be wrong.
Holmes
Elf Recruit

Postby krelm » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:33 pm

Holmes wrote:
krelm wrote:There is! If you click one of those little buttons near the top (the one that looks like a little computer screen), you should be able to find the 'output' section in the menu that pops up, which ought to allow you to change the linebreak width and all sorts of crap.

I think linebreaks may be enforced for most things, but I could be wrong.

I know Aetolia and Blacksands would break wherever people told them to break with their client. But, you know, different engines.
One among the fence.
krelm
Calce Ferio asini Operarius

Postby likui » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:48 pm

Thanks. Found the comp screen button and working on it, but it's now only occasionally wrapping at the edge, leaving out a few words here and there.
likui
Honored Dwarf

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login