It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:29 am
Change font size
Forum Home Public Crafts

Crafts

Aquality/Qquality rolls

Suggest crafts, talk about existing crafts, debate the finer points of your craftiness.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Aquality/Qquality rolls

Postby Matt » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:59 pm

So, beginning of ALPHA artistry was recommended to be taken by anyone that wants to be a true 'artisan' in their craft. Especially weaponsmiths/armorers. Now weaponsmithing has one large and obvious/awesome use for artistry which is honing. But could this also be used to give a + to the quality rolls on armor/weapons? It makes sense to me that it would and would give it more of a + when actually taking it for your PC.
Matt
Ent Sapling

Re: Aquality/Qquality rolls

Postby Alcarin » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:35 pm

I like this idea.

I can probably make it happen, too, though probably not tonight.

Stay tuned.
Alcarin

Postby Fulgrim » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:38 pm

Yeah, we're talking about doing just this, and something more in regards to $aquality and $wquality. We'll have more information on what we change soon made available to you all.
(Morgoth):
I had a part in everything.
Twice I destroyed the light and twice I failed.
I left ruin behind me when I returned.
But I also carried ruin with me.
She, the mistress of her own lust.
Fulgrim
Roleplay Admin

Postby MrDvAnt » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:18 pm

I like this.
MrDvAnt
Honored Elf

Postby Inzannadee » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:20 pm

Could someone please explain all these (o,a,p,wth)quality things? I keep seeing this thrown around about like it's an obvious thing, but it's completely foreign to me.
Inzannadee
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Alcarin » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:04 pm

Inzannadee wrote:Could someone please explain all these (o,a,p,wth)quality things? I keep seeing this thrown around about like it's an obvious thing, but it's completely foreign to me.

There's two separate kinds of qualities that are being talked about with those shorthands.

wquality is a variable added to crafted weapons, which applies a bonus or a penalty to some of their values and attributes.

aquality is a variable added to crafted weapons, which applies a bonus or a penalty to some of their values and attributes.

Separate from that, we have 'tiers' of gear such as:

tquality = 'Trash' quality equipment. Basically the lowest rung of gear available in that set.

pquality = 'Poor' quality equipment, the second-lowest rung of gear available in that set (much of the gear being crafted in-game currently falls into this category, I believe)

oquality = 'Ordinary' quality equipment, the 'average' rung of gear available in a set (this stuff is high-end gear at the moment)

gquality = 'Good' quality equipment, the next step up.

After that, I'm uncertain of what the tiers are, myself, though I know there is also an 'epic' quality somewhere, which is essentially the highest and most absurdly unbalanced of the lot.

Hope all that helps.
Alcarin

Postby Songweaver » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:31 am

The only tier above "good" quality is "superb" quality. "Epic" is a flag that you can put on objects to bypass standardization and set their values to whatever you'd like them to be. You could use this to make really broken gear, or (for instance), you could use this to make a sword with really high damage and really low wear/tear that breaks easily, etc. You could also use the epic flag to turn things like rocks or tankards into really bad weapons (worse than trash quality), too.
Songweaver
Ent Sapling

Postby Matt » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:42 pm

Bump. :)
Matt
Ent Sapling

Postby Alcarin » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:20 am

Oh. Yeah, this is still on my list of things to fix. I had a LOT of troubles with it the first time I tried, but I've figured out what my mistakes were back then.

Stay posted, thanks for the reminder.
Alcarin

Postby radioactivejesus » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:51 am

Alcarin wrote:Oh. Yeah, this is still on my list of things to fix. I had a LOT of troubles with it the first time I tried, but I've figured out what my mistakes were back then.

Stay posted, thanks for the reminder.

thank you. It's so weird seeing an armourcrafter make 4 copies of the same piece, and having 2 turn out shoddy and unusable, while the other 2 turn out as mastercrafts. the aqual and wqual rolls need to be made a lot less random
A really bad sword with a short blade lies here.
look sword
This sword hardly even a sword. It's kind of really just a piece of metal bent like a sword. Its blade is rather short. Kind of pathetic, really.
radioactivejesus
Ent Sapling

Postby Matt » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:58 pm

The way it works now is it does like X amount of rolls and takes the highest roll as the quality. That can lead to a lot of randomness for sure. I think that's fine, as long as you can use extra crafts to increase the base level of the product.

So as a master you don't have to worry about it so much as you're a master and it's quicker/easier for you to get a high end product. But as someone that's like fam-adroit you better take your time and do those extra crafts to make it higher quality.
Matt
Ent Sapling

Postby Matt » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:02 pm

Also, to add... it'd also help armor creep a ton. Who's going to risk getting shoddy work when they can guarantee an average quality or above with some extra crafts? It would also make a master armorer/weaponsmith that much more useful.

Though base shittiness should be given a cap because as is masters could still roll bad and get 'novice' on a piece of armor. Like if you're a master you should only be able to do competent and above, and lower quality caps for lower skill levels.
Matt
Ent Sapling

Postby Onasaki » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:13 pm

I support this.

I also support the addition of fancy 'modules' to add to weapons. I'm still kinda sore about the loss of old-tech crafts, with cross-guards and pommels.

I just want more customization in weapons, personally.
I have two forces by my side
One's the truth and one's a lie
Which one's which I cannot tell
This enigma is my hell

Onasaki
Honored Elf

Return to Crafts

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login