It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:30 am
Change font size

General Discussion

RPP Roles

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

RPP Roles

Postby EltanimRas » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:29 am

What is the procedure for players interested in these roles? Do they require a support ticket, a note in the background section of the character application, a petition up before commencement, or some combination of the above?

p.s. If I'm reading the announcements correctly, all roles require but do not cost RPP. Is there anything that does cost RPP?

p.p.s. Does "crafting skill" mean any non-combat skill, or are there some skills that are neither combat nor crafting and can never receive certain bonuses? Steal and picklock, for example?
EltanimRas
Master Ent

Re: RPP Roles

Postby Sabrelon » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:54 am

EltanimRas wrote:What is the procedure for players interested in these roles? Do they require a support ticket, a note in the background section of the character application, a petition up before commencement, or some combination of the above?

p.s. If I'm reading the announcements correctly, all roles require but do not cost RPP. Is there anything that does cost RPP?

p.p.s. Does "crafting skill" mean any non-combat skill, or are there some skills that are neither combat nor crafting and can never receive certain bonuses? Steal and picklock, for example?

The roles should be available in chargen as long as you have the prerequisite RPP. In order to get the boosts, however (unless it's been built into chargen, here), you have to mention which skills you'd like the boost to go towards in your background.

Roles don't cost RPP, they just require a certain number. Races cost RPP.

I can't speak on what all skills don't count as Crafting skills, but there seems to be a distinction in the roles between "Crafting" and "Non-Combat" skills. I'm guessing the non-combat boost could be applied to things like Steal and Education, where Crafting would have to go towards something that produces a product.
Sabrelon
Forum Hobbit

Postby EltanimRas » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:19 am

Sabrelon wrote:The roles should be available in chargen as long as you have the prerequisite RPP.

Err, where in chargen? Which section?

Sabrelon wrote:Roles don't cost RPP, they just require a certain number. Races cost RPP.

Are there races? I don't recall seeing any announced. Or is this just a bookmarked intention for the future?

Sabrelon wrote:I can't speak on what all skills don't count as Crafting skills, but there seems to be a distinction in the roles between "Crafting" and "Non-Combat" skills. I'm guessing the non-combat boost could be applied to things like Steal and Education, where Crafting would have to go towards something that produces a product.

That's a plausible interpretation, but it still seems a bit fuzzy on things like first-aid and forage, which have associated crafts, but aren't primarily used to craft in the IC sense of the word.

p.s. Thank you!
EltanimRas
Master Ent

Postby Alcarin » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:52 am

To take an RPP role, just put in your background comment that you want the role and what you want your skill boosts to go towards.

Races will cost RPP if and when we implement them, so just a bookmark for the future.

Non-Combat Supporting skills can be non-craft in nature.
Alcarin

Postby krelm » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:55 am

Err, where in chargen? Which section?

Should was the operative word, there. Chargen currently doesn't offer roles. Whenever people want a role, they usually say so in their background blurb, and assign their boosts there, then admins deal with it when they accept.

Are there races? I don't recall seeing any announced. Or is this just a bookmarked intention for the future?

There are not.

That's a plausible interpretation, but it still seems a bit fuzzy on things like first-aid and forage, which have associated crafts, but aren't primarily used to craft in the IC sense of the word.

Most of the crafter roles, if I remember correctly, say something like "+15 to any crafting or non-combat skill."

EDIT:

Balls, Alcarin beat me to it.
One among the fence.
krelm
Calce Ferio asini Operarius

Postby EltanimRas » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:40 am

Thanks again to all, ninja['d] or otherwise. ;)
EltanimRas
Master Ent

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login