Change font size

General Discussion

Old hand looking for new adventures

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Old hand looking for new adventures

Postby Misclicked » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:08 pm

Hey all!

I'm posting because I have a few questions about what has happened since I last graced the land of middle earth in 2006! I got into the game in late '04/early '05 and ended up playing primarily with an orc character by the name of Luzgash in the Barskh's Cage clan. I was hoping some of you would be able to tell me what's happened since, both IG and out.

I tried logging in but couldn't, so I assume that at some point accounts were wiped or reset. I also notice the forums/site has gone through a pretty drastic overhaul, especially when using the waybackmachine to compare it to when I played. I think I read somewhere there was an update?

Not sure if this is the best place to post this (feel free to move if necessary). Regardless, I'd love to get back in and start RPing! A friend of mine also seems interested as long as the game is still active. Looking forward to seeing you guys IG!
Misclicked
Verified Member

Re: Old hand looking for new adventures

Postby Alcarin » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:23 am

Hey! Welcome back. :D

First off, throwing your post into the General Forums where it'll fit a little better. Secondly, yes, player accounts were wiped - the game actually closed down and died for a couple of years there, but we're bringing it back now as of just 3-4 months ago.

So we're in a pretty rough state right now, lots of features being developed and tested, teething pains with brand new staff members, and slow progress on getting everything we want, in.

But things are definitely happening, and you're definitely both welcome and encouraged to jump right in with a character. Do note that character generation moved to our website now, rather than staying text-based like in Ye Olde SoI. ;)

Anyway, I'll let others take over from here. I'm going to bed for the night.
Alcarin

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login