Change font size

General Discussion

VPN IP's Blocked (Nevermind - Solved)

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

VPN IP's Blocked (Nevermind - Solved)

Postby Erucolindo » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:40 pm

Hey all,

I'm new to the community, having only found it a few days ago. After some research and reading what wiki pages there are I decided to jump in and start character creation.

The issue seems to be that every time I try to connect via the VPN I always use, seemingly regardless of what server I pick, I am never presented with the option to create a new account. Even if I type in 'C' to create the account I'm informed my IP is associated with an account (Which seems unlikely, seeing as I tried a half dozen servers across three countries).

I know that connecting without the VPN works as my flatmate (Who used to play this game and made a post a couple days ago) saw the option to create a new account from our regular IP.

How do I proceed from here? If there's someone I should PM with the IP addresses of the American servers of my VPN service so that the situation can be assessed I'm more than willing. Or if I have to create an account via some alternate means I'm willing to do that to.

Thanks in advance, looking forward to seeing you all in game!
Last edited by Erucolindo on Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Erucolindo
Verified Member

Re: VPN IP's Blocked

Postby Oblivion » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:14 pm

Unfortunately the character creation is no longer done in client. It's off the web-page, they just haven't taken out the 'create new character' option from the start up screen.

Mouse hover over the 'Connect' option on the forum at the top right and choose Character Creation.
Oblivion
Dwarf Recruit

Re: VPN IP's Blocked (Nevermind - Solved)

Postby Erucolindo » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:45 pm

Thanks Oblivion, I appreciate your help! I just created my first character, [edited by Frigga for IC info] and look forward to getting feedback / getting it approved and seeing you all in-game :D
Erucolindo
Verified Member

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login