It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:22 pm
Change font size
Forum Home Public Crafts

Crafts

Crafting Requests

Suggest crafts, talk about existing crafts, debate the finer points of your craftiness.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Re: Crafting Requests

Postby radioactivejesus » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:49 pm

Real's suggestion is super-cool. Especially if the pelts from these fights can be made to give armour made from them superior qualities to anything a regular creatures pelts would give. Similar to having a refined iron object instead of using bog iron
A really bad sword with a short blade lies here.
look sword
This sword hardly even a sword. It's kind of really just a piece of metal bent like a sword. Its blade is rather short. Kind of pathetic, really.
radioactivejesus
Ent Sapling

Postby Sabrelon » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:40 pm

I don't know how difficult a change it might be, but is there any chance we could get antlers turned into a consumable with multiple charges?

I guess it would depend on the size of the antlers, but I feel like a large set from a large deer could produce at least two or three handfuls of carved beads, instead of the one for one situation we have now.
Sabrelon
Forum Hobbit

Postby teepu » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:05 am

+1 or +2 to Real's suggestion!
teepu
Guide

Postby Taurgalas » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:10 pm

Sabrelon wrote:I don't know how difficult a change it might be, but is there any chance we could get antlers turned into a consumable with multiple charges?

I guess it would depend on the size of the antlers, but I feel like a large set from a large deer could produce at least two or three handfuls of carved beads, instead of the one for one situation we have now.

Done. Same for horns.
[Petition:***] Why is there a pretty pink pony with doe eyes and a party-balloon cutie mark in the group?

*** orc player name edited out for his/her own protection.
Taurgalas
Master Ent

Postby Alcarin » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:03 pm

Real wrote:Adroit hunting crafts keyed to specific zones of the forest and no seasonal variance.

Like, only Mirkwood-Deep, Mirkwood-Elven, Mirkwood-Valley or Cave and a different animal for Winter, Spring, Summer and Autumn. It wouldn't necessarily have to be covered in all zones for all seasons but it would bring the hunters of the two spheres together to the various parts of the map to fight over hunting the best animals and promote another PVP dynamic.

Also, we could hunt really tough enemies without the worry of people spawning them near the town/mountain. Cave, maybe not so much but I imagine orc players would see a sudden powerful threat as a positive experience, maybe I'm wrong. Worst case, make a new one called Dark-Cave or Mirkwood-Cave or something random and go with that. Make the cost of entry high, give it a humongous timer and a tiny branch rate so only a very long-lived PC will know how to hunt the animals of legend and you have a high-end hunting craftset that can create a lot of RP with its crafts.

Make 'some strong-smelling bait' easy to acquire via NPC but cost a gold piece. Thus, the pelt of a great bear or dire wolf has extreme value and items produced from it should follow suit, if only in the sense of rarity (put nice variables and the wearers of white or finecolor leather armor will be content to pay any amount, trust me). If not that desc for the bait then another, it doesn't really matter but the expensive catalyst seems necessary to balance people only hunting these once they get to a high enough skill level.

One other way you could do it would be to tie in rare and difficult-to-acquire bait with high-end herbs in the foraging-herbalism subset. That way the coin is out of the equation and it's manageable by people with the right knowledge in forestry.

A few examples...

Hunting: challenge great-bear
Only Usable In: Cave
Usable During: Winter
Phase 1: 20 seconds
Phase 2: 20 seconds
Held or in Room (Consumed): the skinned carcass of a deer buck.
Held or in Room (Consumed): a carved, $woodcolor jar filled with blood, or a basic, stone jar, filled with blood.
Held or in Room (Consumed): some strong-smelling bait
Phase 3: 20 seconds
Produced: a carved, $woodcolor wooden quart jar or a basic stone jar.
Phase 4: 60 seconds Adroit Hunting skill required.
Phase 5: 0 seconds
Produced: a $largebody $predator bear with snow-white fur
OOC Delay Timer: 1440 RL Minutes

Hunting: challenge dire-wolf
Only Usable In: Mirkwood-Deep
Usable During: Summer
Held or in Room (Consumed): the corpse of a plump, grey-brown, orange-throated partridge.
Held or in Room (Consumed): some strong-smelling bait
Phase 4: 15 seconds Adroit Hunting skill required.
Phase 5: 15 seconds
Produced: a massive wolf with $finefurcolor fur and slavering fangs
Produced: a large, $predator wolf with $furcolor fur

^ Because what is the point of partridges besides being excessively difficult to deal with

Hunting: track stag
Only Usable In: Mirkwood-Valley
Usable During: Autumn
Held or in Room (Consumed): 6 of a handful of white, pointed petals
Held (Reusable): a $antler rack of antlers.
Phase 4: 60 seconds Adroit Hunting skill required.
Phase 5: 0 seconds
Produced: a powerfully-built stag with $finefurcolor fur

^ Maybe when butchered the stag meat fills you up more, who knows. Give it tons of hp and natural armor and buck AI so it's just the toughest traditional hunt possible. Definitely higher Hide though so they disappear quicker. This being the tradeoff against having to face a death squad of wolves or a superbear for these high-end hunting goods.

This sounds like fun. Something like it will be one of my projects in the coming month. But first I've got mobile spawning and quality rebalancing and armor/weapon crafts ahead of me, and a bunch of other miscellaneous stuff.
Alcarin

Postby Taurgalas » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:38 am

To add, in the meantime, I'll be working on getting a few of the key items/mobs put together for use when we can get around to this. :)
[Petition:***] Why is there a pretty pink pony with doe eyes and a party-balloon cutie mark in the group?

Taurgalas
Master Ent

Postby Matt » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:45 pm

Epic hunting idea. Many thumbs ups.
Matt
Ent Sapling

Postby MrDvAnt » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:43 pm

I'd like to expand the leatherworking crafts. Gimme some ideas.
MrDvAnt
Honored Elf

Postby Foxtrot » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:13 pm

Leatherworking ideas:

(some of these were from other posts by other people… too lazy to find the links)

ankle sheath
wrist sheath
saddle
bridle
riding chaps
fur boots
feather cape (ala Polynesian feather cloaks)
loincloths

fur rug
leather cup
tent
rainwater catchers
parchment tubes
tome coverings
leather parchment
leather bound tome with leather pages

(might be woodworking as well?)
papoose
leather covered furniture
cot
Foxtrot
Forum Hobbit

Postby Inzannadee » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:03 pm

Mmmm... loincloths.. *drooooool*

I would like to see some fur cloaks that make the use of small pelts, possibly non-armor if one must. Any number of fur-trimmed articles: boots, gloves (non-armor), hats. Leather clothes: vest/bodice, apron. More use of suede! (Should fix that pelt-to-suede craft first.) More boot types.
Inzannadee
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Mavinero » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:29 am

Tight. Leather. Pants.

Ankle sheathes.
A small, shell-grey-eyed male begins to flicker and flash, turning to a red color as such happens. Without warning, a slim, silver-hilted lightsaber hilt ignites with a ruby-hued length. "Incorrect. I am programmed for queries, not pleasure."
Mavinero
Dwarf Recruit

Postby MrDvAnt » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:30 am

Mavinero wrote:Tight. Leather. Pants.

Ankle sheathes.

I think the suede leggings are tight aren't they?
MrDvAnt
Honored Elf

Postby Mavinero » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:33 am

Another suggestion(which may very well be questionable): Light cloaks with a cloth backing, but are covered with carefully-layered leaves and bark. It may not be much perhaps in the way of protection from blows, but maybe a little natural elemental protection (cold/heat), and a small boost to hiding?

I know, it's way out there. Feel free to shoot me down. :D
A small, shell-grey-eyed male begins to flicker and flash, turning to a red color as such happens. Without warning, a slim, silver-hilted lightsaber hilt ignites with a ruby-hued length. "Incorrect. I am programmed for queries, not pleasure."
Mavinero
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Mavinero » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:34 am

MrDvAnt wrote:

Ankle sheathes.

Suede and leather are still a bit different though. Same materials, different appearance. Personally, I enjoy leather pants over leggings.
Mavinero
Dwarf Recruit

Postby MrDvAnt » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:46 am

Mavinero wrote:
MrDvAnt wrote:

Ankle sheathes.

Suede and leather are still a bit different though. Same materials, different appearance. Personally, I enjoy leather pants over leggings.

Yeah...just offering an alternative in case it doesn't happen or it takes awhile to get to. I've got a list now that I'm working on. Thank you for the suggestion, you and others. :)
MrDvAnt
Honored Elf

Postby Foxtrot » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:18 pm

Yes to fur trimmed clothing!

fur collar
fur cuffs
fur trim
fur lining
fur blankets

(might need stone craft and gems! for jeweler's rouge)
leather sharpening strop
Foxtrot
Forum Hobbit

Postby Matt » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:24 pm

Inzannadee wrote:Mmmm... loincloths.. *drooooool*

I would like to see some fur cloaks that make the use of small pelts, possibly non-armor if one must. Any number of fur-trimmed articles: boots, gloves (non-armor), hats. Leather clothes: vest/bodice, apron. More use of suede! (Should fix that pelt-to-suede craft first.) More boot types.

Should just be able to add the pelt type to the list of usable ones in the crafts. The hard part would be killing all the rabbits or whatever necessary to get all matching variables to assemble.
Matt
Ent Sapling

Postby BashSkull52 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:09 am

More variables for axe types for "Woodcraft-Timberwright" log producing crafts.

For some reason my axe that I have been cutting down regular non ironwood trees with can no longer be used in this craft.

Woodcraft-timberwright: scout copse-for-tree
Phase 1: 30 seconds
Held (Reusable): a rough, bog-iron axe, a $metalfinish0, $haftstyle5
$axe2, a $metaledge, $metaltype $axe, a blackened, $metaltype axe with
a stained bone haft, or a rough, bog-iron hand-axe.
Held or in Room (Partially Consumed): a copse of crabapple trees, a copse
of birch trees, a copse of beech trees, a copse of wild cherry trees,
a copse of whitebeam trees, a copse of elm trees, a copse of ash
trees, a copse of blackthorn trees, a copse of hawthorn trees, a
copse of hornbeam trees, a copse of willow trees, a copse of maple
trees, a copse of poplar trees, a copse of black alder trees, a
copse of oak trees, a copse of rowan trees, a copse of yew trees, a
copse of horse chestnut trees, a copse of large-leaf linden trees, or a
copse of hazel trees.
Phase 2: 20 seconds Amateur Woodcraft skill required.
Phase 4: 20 seconds
Phase 5: 20 seconds
Phase 6: 0 seconds
Produced: a $woodcolor0 $woodtype1 log.
OOC Delay Timer: 60 RL Minutes
OOC Failure Timer: 30 RL Minutes

-But- Can still be used in this one

Woodcraft-timberwright: scout ironwood-copse-tree
Phase 1: 30 seconds
Held (Reusable): a $woodcolor3-hafted, $pquality7 $axe2, a $weaponedge7
$axe2 with a $haftstyle5 handle, a $metalfinish0, $haftstyle5 $axe2, or
a rough, bog-iron axe.
Held or in Room (Partially Consumed): a copse of ironwood trees.
Phase 2: 20 seconds Amateur Woodcraft skill required.
Phase 4: 20 seconds
Phase 5: 20 seconds
Phase 6: 0 seconds
Produced: a dusky ironwood log.
OOC Delay Timer: 60 RL Minutes
OOC Failure Timer: 30 RL Minutes

Can the weapon variables of the two crafts be consolidated to add more choices IG?
BashSkull52
Forum Hobbit

Postby Roheline » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:28 pm

I realize this is a far-in-the-distant-future implementation, but I wondered if it might be considered in the way crafts are structured? I would like to see some way for sewing, spinning, and weaving to be separated out to a degree in how they are branched and how skill gains are applied. They are in fact quite different skills and while most self-sufficient farm women probably would have been able to do all of them well enough to make rough but serviceable clothing out of wool or flax, the specifics of weaving very fine cloth or dyeing vibrant colors or spinning high enough quality threads to make fine clothing would have required a bit more knowledge and experience. It wouldn't make sense to me to have a character branch "sew mittens" by spinning up a skein of coarse flax thread, for example.

I would also love to see a basic level "mending" skill be made available as a general skill with the ability to fix small tears and holes in your gear with basic materials, with a worse quality output than going to a professional. This would be easier done with clothing than with armor, which requires more specific knowledge to do anything more than roughly sew a leather patch on. So if your shirt gets ripped while you're out in the woods, you can opt to fix it yourself as a stopgap to prevent further damage, at the cost of the repair being uglier and not lasting as long as if you'd taken it back to town and had the tailor fix it for you.

I'd also like to see the ability to craft rough leather clothing using sinew rather than thread. Some tweaks in materials and appearance might make such a craft useful to the orc sphere.
Roheline
Verified Member

Postby Eru » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:08 pm

Can all forms of axes be added to the 'scout copse-for-tree' craft? As it is right now, battleaxes aren't included in the craft, yet they are in the 'scout ironwood-copse-for-tree'.
Eru
Guide

Postby Onasaki » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:34 pm

Could we possibly get the trash-quality weapons added to the craft for break-down weapon, or components/blades/heads, in general, that aren't in use, or have no use?

I know the craft for break-down was added to rid the world of old-tech weapons (weapons before they were changed), but I think most of them are gone, orc-side, at least.

And maybe some of those time-worn battleaxes, that technically we were never supposed to have. XD
I have two forces by my side
One's the truth and one's a lie
Which one's which I cannot tell
This enigma is my hell

Onasaki
Honored Elf

Postby Bones » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:07 am

Log Stacking craft

Something to stack 10, 20, or 30 logs up, to get rid of some of the spam when looking at a room. Yes, it'd be lots of single logs when things were unstacked, but it would help de-clutter areas.
Nimrod banned me for 7 days.
Bones
Elf Recruit

Postby Taurgalas » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:22 am

Bones wrote:Log Stacking craft

Something to stack 10, 20, or 30 logs up, to get rid of some of the spam when looking at a room. Yes, it'd be lots of single logs when things were unstacked, but it would help de-clutter areas.

We could do this, but as craft couldn't be performed on the stack, we'do need a de stacking craft as well. Unfortunately the craft code does not love stacked items, so we really couldn't just make them stacked from that perspective.

Taurgalas
Master Ent

Postby Mavinero » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:52 am

Taurgalas wrote:
Bones wrote:Log Stacking craft

We could do this, but as craft couldn't be performed on the stack, we'do need a de stacking craft as well. Unfortunately the craft code does not love stacked items, so we really couldn't just make them stacked from that perspective.

On a related note, I had ten jars of dye eaten in much the same way. I went to dye some leather, and it ate all ten jars. :cry:
Mavinero
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Taurgalas » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:51 pm

This is a known problem and has been mentioned previously. Stacked items that are stacked due to a purchase from a store or loaded by an admin NEED to be separated out or your crafts will eat them all.

Taurgalas
Master Ent

PreviousNext

Return to Crafts

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login