It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:14 pm
Change font size

General Discussion

Omotes!

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Omotes!

Postby Justanothacivy » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:18 am

Alright so here is the topic for discussion I'd like to present.

When you walk into a room and see:

A wooden bin is here.
Another wooden bin is here.
Yet another wooden bin his here.

Compared to:

A wooden bin is here. (1.bin)
Another wooden bin is here. (2.bin)
Yet another wooden bin his here. (3.bin)

How do you feel about the two as a player or staffer? Is the second immersion breaking to the point it distracts your play? Does the first infuriate you to no end because it is difficult to target the correct wooden bin at a glance?

We're talking about omotes here strictly. When players set an ooc flag on the end. It's playability vs setting/immersion here and I'd like to know how you all feel about it. :mrgreen:
Things that made me smile:
Icarus wrote:I'm going to kill the next character I see doing stuff like that. I'm not joking.
Justanothacivy
Honored Dwarf

Re: Omotes!

Postby EltanimRas » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:18 am

I vastly prefer the "(#.bin)" style. Nothing's ever quite so immersion breaking as wasting 30 seconds trying to target an object in a crowded room.

I even prefer: "A wooden bin holds fabric and ribbons here (#.bin)," because codedly looking in every bin and scrolling my screen five times is also immersion-breaking for me, especially if there's a conversation in progress, and the "check list <keyword> in <container>" option is only a little less jarring.
EltanimRas
Master Ent

Postby Mavinero » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:00 am

What he said.
A small, shell-grey-eyed male begins to flicker and flash, turning to a red color as such happens. Without warning, a slim, silver-hilted lightsaber hilt ignites with a ruby-hued length. "Incorrect. I am programmed for queries, not pleasure."
Mavinero
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Raukran » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:11 am

I like to at least see a proper omote included, instead of just the OOC number flag. I use the numbers at times, especially after reorganizing a large area of objects, and usually the info is for the benefit of newbies.
I am not responsible for the actions of my characters.
Raukran
Unverified User

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login