Change font size

General Discussion

Who's Playing?

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Who's Playing?

Postby EltanimRas » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:36 am

Dear SoI Community,

I'm thinking of giving the game another whirl, having tweaked my character concept to something a little more backstory-/vNPC-heavy in hopes of making it more off-peak- and alpha-friendly -- less dependent on in-game code, events, and PCs for plot hooks, interest, and so forth.

However, I can't just jump in now, since I have a support ticket to wait on, so I thought I'd ask: who else is still around? Are there times of day, spheres, or clans that are either particularly active or particularly in need of activity?

Regards,

Elisabeth
EltanimRas
Master Ent

Re: Who's Playing?

Postby Eru » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:28 pm

There are still quite a few of us pretty active and since things have settled down I believe a bulk of the playerbase, atleast in Utterby, is finally united and moving forward as one. I know the Lodge and the Guard are always looking for members but with a strong backstory to expand upon I doubt you'll have any trouble creating immersive scenes wherever you decide to go.

I'm glad to see you giving it a try once more though. My advice? Play something you'll enjoy and worry less about Alpha, bugs, plots, or clans in need.
Eru
Guide

Postby EltanimRas » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:18 am

Thanks, Eru.

Hopefully I'll still recognize a few faces whenever I manage to get on. :?
EltanimRas
Master Ent

Postby Celairel » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:10 am

I tried getting back into things but I'm struggling now, what with school and everything, plus some bad initial experiences. I think it's just because I play in rather off-peak times. I might give it another shot soon though, once I catch up on all the school assignments I haven't done yet.
Celairel
Forum Hobbit

Postby AdamBlue » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:26 am

Orcs are always da bess.
AdamBlue
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Patty » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:49 am

Orcs could use someone to spice it up, not sure if its your cup of tea or not.
<****** / ^^^^^^ / ||||||>
The head is there.
Patty
Honored Dwarf

Postby EltanimRas » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:01 am

Someday, I shall figure out orcish RP. Meanwhile, I'm pretty much the worst orc player ever.

The current plan has both myself and Riv playing humanside semi-regularly 4-6 p.m. EST (or possibly a little earlier) and irregularly other off-peak/European times. We're in Bahrain, UTC +3. Starting, hopefully, sometime in the next week or so.

Please don't kill us. :P
EltanimRas
Master Ent

Postby BoogtehWoog » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:24 am

I might come back to play here and there as time permits. I want SOI to flourish and I couldn't bear the thought of it going away. :cry:
BoogtehWoog
Elf Recruit

Postby Mavinero » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:22 am

BoogtehWoog wrote:I might come back to play here and there as time permits. I want SOI to flourish and I couldn't bear the thought of it going away. :cry:

Come, join us!

Seriously though, the game can only get better with people who genuinely want to see our beloved game grow into something that we can all get throroughly addicted to once again. ;)
A small, shell-grey-eyed male begins to flicker and flash, turning to a red color as such happens. Without warning, a slim, silver-hilted lightsaber hilt ignites with a ruby-hued length. "Incorrect. I am programmed for queries, not pleasure."
Mavinero
Dwarf Recruit

Postby sagachi » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:05 pm

after giving the game a two week red card. I'm returning to check to see if things have gotten less frustrating.
Winter is coming...
sagachi
Verified Member

Postby Brian » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:45 am

I haven't been really. I popped in a few times near the opening but I haven't found the time commitment to get immersed in it. I think that I'd like to, but now that I'm working full time my recreation time is limited.
Brian
Honored Elf

Postby Rivean » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:59 am

Brian wrote:I haven't been really. I popped in a few times near the opening but I haven't found the time commitment to get immersed in it. I think that I'd like to, but now that I'm working full time my recreation time is limited.

I have sent the gremlins out to abduct you. I know I should be good and supportive and let you get on with your productive endeavors, but really, if I'm playing, then I can hardly be expected to leave you in peace. :P

(Also, since your playtimes will be limited, please tell us roughly when they are!)
Rivean
Honored Elf

Postby Eugene » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:29 am

I haven't found any time to play, since applying to PhD programs has sucked up all of my time.
Eugene
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Nimrod » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:02 am

Eugene wrote:I haven't found any time to play, since applying to PhD programs has sucked up all of my time.

You find time to do what you want to do. :)
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Eugene » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:14 am

Nimrod wrote:
Eugene wrote:I haven't found any time to play, since applying to PhD programs has sucked up all of my time.

You find time to do what you want to do. :)

I'm not even going to bother explaining how that is logically redundant.
Eugene
Dwarf Recruit

Postby EltanimRas » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:55 am

Now if only I could find money to do what I want to do ...
EltanimRas
Master Ent

Postby Brian » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:58 am

Rivean wrote:
Brian wrote:I haven't been really. I popped in a few times near the opening but I haven't found the time commitment to get immersed in it. I think that I'd like to, but now that I'm working full time my recreation time is limited.

I have sent the gremlins out to abduct you. I know I should be good and supportive and let you get on with your productive endeavors, but really, if I'm playing, then I can hardly be expected to leave you in peace. :P

(Also, since your playtimes will be limited, please tell us roughly when they are!)

Theoretically they would be post 8pm eastern time on the weekday nights, and possibly random times on the weekends, though I may be starting to work on Saturdays as well.
Brian
Honored Elf

Postby EltanimRas » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:03 am

Brian wrote:Theoretically they would be post 8pm eastern time on the weekday nights, and possibly random times on the weekends, though I may be starting to work on Saturdays as well.

That'll be post 4 a.m. for Riv and me. :?

We'll have to cross our fingers for weekends, I suppose, unless we start getting up early mornings (we're both working second shift these days).
EltanimRas
Master Ent

Postby EltanimRas » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:30 am

Well, having peeked in-game, it appears that there are significantly more people playing than this thread might suggest (at least during U.S. evenings) -- they're just mostly not people I know.

Possibly not forum people.
EltanimRas
Master Ent

Postby Mavinero » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:32 pm

EltanimRas wrote:Well, having peeked in-game, it appears that there are significantly more people playing than this thread might suggest (at least during U.S. evenings) -- they're just mostly not people I know.

Possibly not forum people.

Give it a whirl! You may be pleasantly surprised. 8-)
A small, shell-grey-eyed male begins to flicker and flash, turning to a red color as such happens. Without warning, a slim, silver-hilted lightsaber hilt ignites with a ruby-hued length. "Incorrect. I am programmed for queries, not pleasure."
Mavinero
Dwarf Recruit

Postby twitchyweasel » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:04 pm

I've been quite pleased with the game myself, lately! Kudos to both staff and players. :nom:
twitchyweasel
Dwarf Recruit

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login