It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:27 am
Change font size
Forum Home Public Utterby

Utterby

Lumber Buyer and You

A place for Staff and players alike to use to coordinate RPTs and in-game events. No IC info, please.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Lumber Buyer and You

Postby Bones » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:26 am

Hey guys! Bones here, of course. I know everyone is hard up for coin in game. I also know how many logs one person can gather in a single RL day. Between you and me, I think it's awesome we can all make some coin while the economy is hashed out and we find a balance point to where players can all make coin.

Now. What isn't so cool is an individual or individuals who take a very large stack of logs that was purposed for our palisades, and then go and sell them all to the Lumber buyer. Most.. probably none of them were yours to sell, and there are lumberers, Beornings, and other VNPCs there that probably would have told you not to.

The other point I have to make, is that if you are an individual with power/rank in a related group, and since apparently all of these logs are going to a part of the Lodge as it is.. It really isn't fair to players if you take up their hard work, cash out the Lumber buyer, and keep the coin for yourself. You've basically given yourself a ton of coin, all of these players craft products, and nothing's been distributed.

Just a few thoughts. If this applies to you, take it to heart. If not, let it go right past your shoulder.
Nimrod banned me for 7 days.
Bones
Elf Recruit

Re: Lumber Buyer and You

Postby MrT2G » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:34 pm

Bones wrote:Hey guys! Bones here, of course. I know everyone is hard up for coin in game. I also know how many logs one person can gather in a single RL day. Between you and me, I think it's awesome we can all make some coin while the economy is hashed out and we find a balance point to where players can all make coin.

Now. What isn't so cool is an individual or individuals who take a very large stack of logs that was purposed for our palisades, and then go and sell them all to the Lumber buyer. Most.. probably none of them were yours to sell, and there are lumberers, Beornings, and other VNPCs there that probably would have told you not to.

The other point I have to make, is that if you are an individual with power/rank in a related group, and since apparently all of these logs are going to a part of the Lodge as it is.. It really isn't fair to players if you take up their hard work, cash out the Lumber buyer, and keep the coin for yourself. You've basically given yourself a ton of coin, all of these players craft products, and nothing's been distributed.

Just a few thoughts. If this applies to you, take it to heart. If not, let it go right past your shoulder.

Find and burn the witch.

Seriously. Wouldn't be hard to do IG.
A curvy, copper-haired woman drops a small, strawberry-blonde toddler girl.
MrT2G
Elf Recruit

Postby Bones » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:41 pm

As my favorite Wizard likes to say..

"Well.. I've always been partial to fire.."
Nimrod banned me for 7 days.
Bones
Elf Recruit

Postby soiacc » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:51 pm

Coins are put into the buyer as the Lodge needs logs. Coins were put in there more regularly, but it was getting drained with little turnover in the accompanying shop, so now it's on an as need basis. Noone takes the coins, whoever sells their logs gets the coin. Also, Foremen can see everyone who sells, so contact your local timberwright foreman if you want to know who's been selling recently. ;)
soiacc
Honored Dwarf

Return to Utterby

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login