It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:11 am
Change font size
Forum Home Public Crafts

Crafts

Food Surplus

Suggest crafts, talk about existing crafts, debate the finer points of your craftiness.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Food Surplus

Postby LadyMizra » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:25 pm

I would like to discuss the food surplus. I don't know how it is on the human side but on the orc side we have more food than we could ever eat, or even cook. Cooked and raw food sit around rot, take up space, and generally make cooking... a useless endeavor. Now I know this is alpha and kinks still need to be worked out. So I think we need to find a way to balance the food chain.

A: Is there a way to sell cooked food? Since we have so much, (its practically littering every space available), it would be nice to sell some of the already cooked food for a little bit of coin, like we can sell carcasses. Or if not for coin for us personally, but some kinda pot fund for the Vadok Mal, that the leader's have access to.

B: Maybe we need to get hungry more often, or need to eat more. It would also be nice if the more complicated dishes filled you up more than a plain dish. If vegetables became mandatory, or else there is a chance of getting malnutrition.

C: Make boars (the main food source for orcs it seems right now)give less meat.

D: For orcs at least, the accepted diet is mainly meat. But when trying to branch, we get crafts that for the most part, we aren't able to use. Because vegetables are not deemed necessary, no one goes out to get carrots and tubers and leeks that often. Some orcs won't even eat vegetables. (picky picky <.<). So maybe we can change the branching system a bit. If I am only cooking meat, maybe I primarely branch meat crafts, unless I run out. I mainly bring this up because we have a surplus of hams, roasts, chops, and ribs, that I don't know how to cook. I am unsure whether I am not a high enough level, or just not branching the right crafts. When I end up branching hull-barley, or boil-carrots, it can be frustrating because its mainly a craft I cannot use.

If this sounds like complaining, I'm sorry it isn't. I don't expect all of these problems to get solved soon, since its a big, complicated issue. I just thought it would be worth discussing the complex food economy, that definitely needs some balancing out. What do you guys think?
LadyMizra
Dwarf Recruit

Re: Food Surplus

Postby LadyMizra » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:50 pm

Also something I just thought of. So far when patrols go out, no one every actively hunts using the crafts. So the animals that could actually help cooks branch out never get done because we never get the rabbits, the gamebirds, the deer. Its boar, day in and day out, because thats all the patrols bring back. Maybe it would be a good idea to make boar, and other animals not caught via a hunting craft, give way less meat. Like, maybe they're bodies were so torn up from getting stabbed and shot at by so many weapons, they aren't as useful. It would be a good incentive for hunters to actually go out and hunt. And not just bring back boar, which is useful, especially for its fat, but more variety would definitely help out the cooks. Not to mention everyone's tastebuds.
LadyMizra
Dwarf Recruit

Postby AdamBlue » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:56 pm

Problem is, Mizra, they would need to also nerf the boars human-side, and they're having much more food problems then we are, so I don't think this is an option.
AdamBlue
Dwarf Recruit

Postby BashSkull52 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:13 pm

Could always add in boar corpses to the hunting crafts mat lists for baiting bears and wolves.
BashSkull52
Forum Hobbit

Postby Onasaki » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:50 pm

BashSkull52 wrote:Could always add in boar corpses to the hunting crafts mat lists for baiting bears and wolves.

This. This would work.
I have two forces by my side
One's the truth and one's a lie
Which one's which I cannot tell
This enigma is my hell

Onasaki
Honored Elf

Postby radioactivejesus » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:40 pm

fix to this problem is in the works for you gobbos
A really bad sword with a short blade lies here.
look sword
This sword hardly even a sword. It's kind of really just a piece of metal bent like a sword. Its blade is rather short. Kind of pathetic, really.
radioactivejesus
Ent Sapling

Return to Crafts

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login