It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:40 pm
Change font size
Forum Home Public Crafts

Crafts

Crafting Requests

Suggest crafts, talk about existing crafts, debate the finer points of your craftiness.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Re: Crafting Requests

Postby Mavinero » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:15 am

Taurgalas wrote:This is a known problem and has been mentioned previously. Stacked items that are stacked due to a purchase from a store or loaded by an admin NEED to be separated out or your crafts will eat them all.

I'll uh, start scrolling back a bit further then, so as to not revisit any other known issues. :(
A small, shell-grey-eyed male begins to flicker and flash, turning to a red color as such happens. Without warning, a slim, silver-hilted lightsaber hilt ignites with a ruby-hued length. "Incorrect. I am programmed for queries, not pleasure."
Mavinero
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Misclicked » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:53 pm

Is there a way to fix damaged shields and bows? I know there have been a few changes, as mending kits no longer seem able, but I'm not sure what those changes were.
Thanks!
Misclicked
Verified Member

Postby radioactivejesus » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:53 pm

Misclicked wrote:Is there a way to fix damaged shields and bows? I know there have been a few changes, as mending kits no longer seem able, but I'm not sure what those changes were.
Thanks!

weapon care kits
A really bad sword with a short blade lies here.
look sword
This sword hardly even a sword. It's kind of really just a piece of metal bent like a sword. Its blade is rather short. Kind of pathetic, really.
radioactivejesus
Ent Sapling

Postby Bones » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:23 pm

It is a dusky plank of ironwood wood

You would guess that this item weighs about 7 pounds.
Fletching: carve wooden-longarrow
Phase 1: 20 seconds
In Room (Reusable): a broad workbench.
Held or in Room (Consumed): a $woodcolor plank of $woodtype wood.
Phase 2: 20 seconds Amateur Woodcraft skill required.
Phase 3: 20 seconds
Phase 4: 20 seconds Familiar Woodcraft skill required.
Held or in Room (Consumed): 6 of a handful of $arrowfletching.
Phase 5: 10 seconds
Produced: 6 of a simple, carved $woodcolor0 $woodtype1 long-arrow.
OOC Delay Timer: 90 RL Minutes

There's probably about an order of magnitude difference in weight of plank to what it produces. Could we perhaps either get the weight reduced on planks, or have the number of arrows produced by the craft raised?
Nimrod banned me for 7 days.
Bones
Elf Recruit

Postby Onasaki » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:23 am

Orcish-cooking - roast tark-meat

For human eating. >.>
I have two forces by my side
One's the truth and one's a lie
Which one's which I cannot tell
This enigma is my hell

Onasaki
Honored Elf

Postby AdamBlue » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:40 am

Onasaki wrote:Orcish-cooking - roast tark-meat

For human eating. >.>

YES
YES PLEASE GOD
-YES-
AdamBlue
Dwarf Recruit

Postby mongwen » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:03 pm

ability to make our own threads as suits our skillset (i.e. leatherworkers can make the waxed twines). A craft for foragers to find bee hives and retrieve honey and wax (would be needed for both twine and candles if they are implemented). A salvage craft for ruined mail armor/tangled mess of mail rings. I think I requested that once earlier in the thread but I'm not sure. A way to change the condition of hides. Most of them turn out stiff, and only occasionally will one turn out supple on tanning. You should be able to work a hide until you get it supple if it matters to you.
A yellow-eyed, blotchy-fleshed brown uruk slowly slunks over, sneakily swaggering with a sleek step.
mongwen
Honored Dwarf

Postby Onasaki » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:06 am

Could we possibly get wooden poles added to the 'scrap wooden-items' craft?

I'd also like it if we could get poor-quality, and trash-quality blades/components/heads added to the meltdown old-blades craft.
This enigma is my hell

Onasaki
Honored Elf

Postby mongwen » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:00 pm

Something for orcs to do with tanned pelts. We have the option to tan or scud like everyone else, but we don't have the option to make suede.
A yellow-eyed, blotchy-fleshed brown uruk slowly slunks over, sneakily swaggering with a sleek step.
mongwen
Honored Dwarf

Postby Onasaki » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:49 pm

Thrones. I want thrones. Wood, Stone, and Metal. >.>

And goblets, metal, wood, stone, and bone.

Proper scythes as weapons. >.<
This enigma is my hell

Onasaki
Honored Elf

Postby teepu » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:45 am

Construct carpenter-hammer

Blacksmithing: construct carpenter-hammer
Phase 1: 15 seconds
In Room (Reusable): a $metaltype blacksmith's hammer.
In Room (Reusable): a heavy iron anvil.
In Room (Reusable): a $metalforge0.
Held or in Room (Consumed): a bundle of firewood.
Phase 2: 20 seconds
Held (Reusable): a pair of $metaltype blacksmith's tongs.
Held or in Room (Consumed): a $metaltype0 carpenter's hammer head.
Phase 3: 30 seconds
Held or in Room (Consumed): a short, $woodtype1 haft.
Phase 4: 30 seconds Beginner Metalcraft skill required.
Phase 5: 0 seconds
Produced: a $metaltype0 carpenter's hammer.
OOC Delay Timer: 60 RL Minutes

This crafts currently accepts only a carpenter's hammer head, for which there is no craft yet in. Either it should be put to use the normal $metaltype0 hammer head or a new craft for carpenter's hammer head is needed.
teepu
Guide

Postby LadyMizra » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:23 pm

Is there a stew craft yet?
LadyMizra
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Mavinero » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:06 pm

LadyMizra wrote:Is there a stew craft yet?

There is, yes. I think there is one clan-specific one, and perhaps one that is not, I believe.
A small, shell-grey-eyed male begins to flicker and flash, turning to a red color as such happens. Without warning, a slim, silver-hilted lightsaber hilt ignites with a ruby-hued length. "Incorrect. I am programmed for queries, not pleasure."
Mavinero
Dwarf Recruit

Postby LadyMizra » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:03 am

Can we edit render smoky-lard and render cooking-lard so we can use bear fat too? :) thanks
LadyMizra
Dwarf Recruit

Postby mongwen » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:26 am

Is there some reason the make oiled-leather-gloves craft requires four small squares of leather? Wouldn't it be just as good to use a medium and a small, or partially consume two mediums (four uses of leather which would consume one and part of another), or even just four general uses of the kind of leather required (four small squares of leather or four uses of medium or large leather)?
Caveat here I haven't run it, but four small squares of leather seems unnecessary if you have other squares that might do and with less fuss.
mongwen
Honored Dwarf

Postby Onasaki » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:52 pm

Can we make it so belt-sheathes, can't fit Greatswords, Greataxes, Warhammers, and staves? This is extremely immersion breaking. >.<
This enigma is my hell

Onasaki
Honored Elf

Postby Onasaki » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:39 pm

Orc-Only Weaponcrafts, pleaaaaaaaasssssee.... I miss my handspikes. >.<
This enigma is my hell

Onasaki
Honored Elf

Postby LadyMizra » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:09 am

Onasaki wrote:Orc-Only Weaponcrafts, pleaaaaaaaasssssee.... I miss my handspikes. >.<

I so want. And... poison <.<
LadyMizra
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Dirgs » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:37 am

Any particular reason why 'a $pquality hand-axe with a $leathercolor leather-bound haft' doesn't work for woodcraft-timberwright crafts? If not, could we have it added?

Namely:
scout copse-for-tree
scout ironwood-copse-tree
chop log-for-chips
chop log-to-firewood
Dirgs
Forum Hobbit

Postby Meneldor » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:39 pm

mongwen wrote:Is there some reason the make oiled-leather-gloves craft requires four small squares of leather? Wouldn't it be just as good to use a medium and a small, or partially consume two mediums (four uses of leather which would consume one and part of another), or even just four general uses of the kind of leather required (four small squares of leather or four uses of medium or large leather)?
Caveat here I haven't run it, but four small squares of leather seems unnecessary if you have other squares that might do and with less fuss.

You cannot mix quantities and sizes, if you use 4 small squares and add additional sizes then you will have to use 4 squares of those sizes. You cannot mix whole of one and partial of another size, it doesn't work either. So we will stick to small squares only in this case.
Meneldor
Raptor Overlord

Postby Inzannadee » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:15 am

Meneldor wrote:
mongwen wrote:Is there some reason the make oiled-leather-gloves craft requires four small squares of leather? Wouldn't it be just as good to use a medium and a small, or partially consume two mediums (four uses of leather which would consume one and part of another), or even just four general uses of the kind of leather required (four small squares of leather or four uses of medium or large leather)?

You cannot mix quantities and sizes, if you use 4 small squares and add additional sizes then you will have to use 4 squares of those sizes. You cannot mix whole of one and partial of another size, it doesn't work either. So we will stick to small squares only in this case.

I suggested earlier a craft that would take a large oiled square and cut it up into five small squares. Heh, I'd even be grateful if it only produced four!
Inzannadee
Dwarf Recruit

Postby mongwen » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:45 am

Meneldor wrote:

Thus, the request to add use of four medium or four large, or an entire medium and a small. I have seen both done on other crafts. If you use one medium square and one small, that's four uses. There are crafts that use the entirety of two squares of leather. By the other method, That consumes a full medium and part of another, or four large consumes most of one large square. That's also four uses. That *is* doable, so four small, or four medium, or four large would seemingly be possible to set as craft requirements. It is already done in fact in at least some craft sets where if you don't have enough on one object, it'll look for another and keep adding until you make the threshold. There really is no reason to insist on four *small* squares.
mongwen
Honored Dwarf

Postby Meneldor » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:26 pm

You are correct, I just assumed people wouldn't want to use four full medium or four full large squares when small ones will work, but if that is what people want I'm more than willing to give it to them. Keep in mind, you will not get any leftover pieces. On a different note, per the prior post, I will look at a craft to cut down medium and/or large squares to small ones if that would be more acceptable to folks.
Meneldor
Raptor Overlord

Postby LadyMizra » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:59 pm

Meneldor wrote:You are correct, I just assumed people wouldn't want to use four full medium or four full large squares when small ones will work, but if that is what people want I'm more than willing to give it to them. Keep in mind, you will not get any leftover pieces. On a different note, per the prior post, I will look at a craft to cut down medium and/or large squares to small ones if that would be more acceptable to folks.

Considering how crafts target whatever square is first and you can't choose, making medium and large available would be a nightmare. We could easily use up our large pelts on tiny things by accident. I would really not do this, and just make a craft to cut squares into small squares.
LadyMizra
Dwarf Recruit

Postby LadyMizra » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:00 pm

Apple cider with crabapples. Which can be made into hard-cider if you are a brewer. All you would need is a press, a jar, and apples.
LadyMizra
Dwarf Recruit

PreviousNext

Return to Crafts

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login