It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:34 pm
Change font size
Forum Home Public Crafts

Crafts

Quality Rolls

Suggest crafts, talk about existing crafts, debate the finer points of your craftiness.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Quality Rolls

Postby Onasaki » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:06 pm

Okay, this is beginning to really irritate the piss out of me right now.

Can someone tell me if the rolls for weapon quality have been increased to be harder to hit even solid level of craft? Because I've made four ordinary-quality weapons in a row, all shoddy, and my skill is at talented.
I have two forces by my side
One's the truth and one's a lie
Which one's which I cannot tell
This enigma is my hell

Onasaki
Honored Elf

Re: Quality Rolls

Postby mongwen » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:14 pm

I've got armor at adroit and still make low-quality as often as I make anything decent. Ought to be heading toward master by now as much work as I do, but you can't tell until the skill actually levels... It's extremely annoying. People above the skill level a craft requires should never, never, never make novice or barely serviceable quality work. I'd rather see quality stripped altogether and have it all the same if that's going to continue to be allowed.
A yellow-eyed, blotchy-fleshed brown uruk slowly slunks over, sneakily swaggering with a sleek step.
mongwen
Honored Dwarf

Postby mongwen » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:17 pm

And filed under "grrrrrr!", I have made four straight novice quality items. This. Should. Not. Be. Happening. Frustration expressed. Going back to gaming now.
A yellow-eyed, blotchy-fleshed brown uruk slowly slunks over, sneakily swaggering with a sleek step.
mongwen
Honored Dwarf

Postby Onasaki » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:36 pm

Can we, PLEASE get this issue fixed? It's irritating that it's not just me, now.
This enigma is my hell

Onasaki
Honored Elf

Postby Brian » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:18 pm

As long as it's happening to everybody it's ok, right? :P

I imagine this is probably another one of those cases where it's the law of averages though; any one crafter probably can't have a large enough sample size to see the big picture of what is going to happen if a craft were completed 10,000 times at a particular skill level and what the average outcome would be.
Brian
Honored Elf

Postby mongwen » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:55 pm

Make that six straight novice rolls, and you can't tell me that an artisan of any kind who's probably nearing master in their crafts are still going to be making novice quality items. Much less half a dozen times in a row.
mongwen
Honored Dwarf

Postby Inzannadee » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:00 pm

Let me guess... oiled leggings?
Inzannadee
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Meneldor » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:35 pm

I will try to get with a couple of you IG to look at this.

One thing to keep in mind, the difficulty level you see when you 'mat craft' is the difficulty that must be met to complete the craft, it has nothing to do with the quality rolls. The quality rolls are completely separate, but yes, depending on your level it could be wonky, so I'll take another look with a couple of you. Please keep a note on what specific crafts you think have quality issues so when I contact you we can check them.
Meneldor
Raptor Overlord

Postby mongwen » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:02 am

Inzannadee wrote:Let me guess... oiled leggings?

Nah. For my part was a pair of mail chausses and *five* pairs of segmented leather gauntlets. Yeah. My PC was in a rotten mood after that one.
Meneldor, I understand the skill required levels and the quality rolls are separate, but people well above said required skill level should never screw it up that badly, let alone multiple times.
Edited to add the tally of junk in a row now stands at eight across multiple crafts.
1 butted-mail-chausses
7 segmented-leather-gauntlets
and in the interests of testing I turned the rest of the wire into mail so I could do mail gauntlets.
They came out well-crafted.
Updated update after yet another crafting session. it's now *nine* pairs of shoddy segmented gauntlets in a row.
Honestly I've got half a mind to just pick out every pair of these things I've made that aren't damaged and set a support ticket asking for replacements. I've made less than a score of them and better than half have turned out junk. There are probably a dozen pairs in one of the bins where such things are stored, and maybe one or two of those damaged. Something's not right here and it's just that simple.
Updated update to the update: 10 in a row shoddy from that craft. I'd call that sufficiently tested. Going to quit wasting supplies on it until someone fixes the confounded thing...and I still might file that support ticket. Maaaaybe.
Last edited by mongwen on Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mongwen
Honored Dwarf

Postby Onasaki » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:01 pm

I agree with mongwen.

The quality roll chance needs to be upped SIGNIFICANTLY for higher level crafters.

My idea is this:

Those with Novice and below, the best quality they can get is uneven, with a small chance of getting Solid.

Those of Familiar to Talented, should have a lower chance of getting uneven, and shoddy, with a greater chance of getting Solid, and a rare chance of getting Well-Crafted.

Those with Talented to Adroit, should never get anything under solid, with a higher chance of getting Well-Crafted, and a rare chance of getting Exceptional.

Those with Adroit+ Should NEVER EVER EVER EVER get ANYTHING under Solid. Solid should be their BARE minimum, with everything else coming out Well-Crafted, or Master.

(And this goes for armorcrafters too, I just don't know the ranks for quality)
This enigma is my hell

Onasaki
Honored Elf

Postby Onasaki » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:40 am

In response to Meneldor's comment before.

It's EVERY craft, that uses Quality Rolls.
This enigma is my hell

Onasaki
Honored Elf

Postby teepu » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:33 pm

Bumping to request a review/audit of the quality rolls on the weapon components as well. They still turn out unexpectedly shoddy even after taking care to keep the room clear of any already made quality-rolled object
teepu
Guide

Postby Onasaki » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:19 pm

teepu wrote:Bumping to request a review/audit of the quality rolls on the weapon components as well. They still turn out unexpectedly shoddy even after taking care to keep the room clear of any already made quality-rolled object

This has been a problem regardless of having or not having a component. It's not going to get audited, but it definately needs to be adjusted.

It's too damned random, and I STILL say there should be a set quality level for level ranks.

Nothing above Solid for anything below Talented. Nothing below Solid for anything above Talented.
This enigma is my hell

Onasaki
Honored Elf

Postby Meneldor » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:45 pm

I would appreciate it if those who make the components and those who make the leather armors could keep track of what they make. Keep them in order please.

item made, quality, (if component) metal used

After you have a list of about 20 please send it to me.

Thank you.
Meneldor
Raptor Overlord

Return to Crafts

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login