It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:46 am
Change font size
Forum Home Public Orcs

Orcs

a quiet wretched man

All things yrkin. A place for Staff and players alike to use this space to coordinate RPTs and in-game events. Please keep in-character information off of this board.

Moderator: Elder Staff

a quiet wretched man

Postby mongwen » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:33 pm

What's that for? Doesn't seem to be a board and I, at least, have no crafts for it. There's some vague post about him handling deliveries. deliveries of what precisely? For whom and from whom? And what salt mines? If we've got salt mines, we ought to be able to get salt cheaper than almost two gold coins Hah.
A yellow-eyed, blotchy-fleshed brown uruk slowly slunks over, sneakily swaggering with a sleek step.
mongwen
Honored Dwarf

Re: a quiet wretched man

Postby Onasaki » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:21 pm

I agree. WHY do we need a mail man? What orcs send mail? What orcs know how to write? What orcs know how to read?

And why is he human? Was a snaga not good enough!? Who lets a HUMAN touch their special deliveries!? It's an outrage! Filthy Tarks, coming in here, stealing jobs from hard working uruks.

Ones who wouldn't even expect to be paid!

But yeah, serious, whats his deal?
I have two forces by my side
One's the truth and one's a lie
Which one's which I cannot tell
This enigma is my hell

Onasaki
Honored Elf

Postby radioactivejesus » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:20 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIHDI9bXQ3k

the latest palantiri post seems to say some things about these new delivery boys. Not sure if they're actually useful yet though
A really bad sword with a short blade lies here.
look sword
This sword hardly even a sword. It's kind of really just a piece of metal bent like a sword. Its blade is rather short. Kind of pathetic, really.
radioactivejesus
Ent Sapling

Postby mongwen » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:50 pm

I already don't like the system if it's that one in the staff announcements for managing animations and RP with NPCs. A fee to post on the board? B.S.
A yellow-eyed, blotchy-fleshed brown uruk slowly slunks over, sneakily swaggering with a sleek step.
mongwen
Honored Dwarf

Postby Justanothacivy » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:52 pm

Yes a fee at first glance may seem a little off putting at first but remember that the orcish sphere has a tier of player leads that can and usually do handle almost every single issue that other players come up with.

This system is meant to help not hinder and Im sure once players and staff have used it a few times the cost will be adjusted appropriately. I dont even know what the cost is for us to begin with so lets not pull our hair out before we see it in action. :mrgreen:
Things that made me smile:
Icarus wrote:I'm going to kill the next character I see doing stuff like that. I'm not joking.
Justanothacivy
Honored Dwarf

Postby Patty » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:45 pm

I have very high hopes for this system. It will get more mileage out of the limited staff we have. They can't be everywhere at once, but this will let them interact with us on both parties schedules.

The fact that the messenger is human, meh, we can roll with it.
<****** / ^^^^^^ / ||||||>
The head is there.
Patty
Honored Dwarf

Postby Onasaki » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:55 pm

Patty wrote:I have very high hopes for this system. It will get more mileage out of the limited staff we have. They can't be everywhere at once, but this will let them interact with us on both parties schedules.

The fact that the messenger is human, meh, we can roll with it.

I concur. The human is filthy, and needs to be replaced with a proper snaga.
This enigma is my hell

Onasaki
Honored Elf

Postby Nimrod » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:46 pm

The only reason it's a human is because there are some echoes in the prog that mention it's a man. I do plan on changing that to use the actual sdesc of the object instead; hopefully within the next month or so, but I'm not in a rush. Maybe I'll change the sdesc of this object if you all hate humans so much. *snerk*

I'm not sure how you're going to handle it when you have to press-gang humans into working deep in your mines. <.<
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby radioactivejesus » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:52 pm

having human slaves around is pretty orky.
A really bad sword with a short blade lies here.
look sword
This sword hardly even a sword. It's kind of really just a piece of metal bent like a sword. Its blade is rather short. Kind of pathetic, really.
radioactivejesus
Ent Sapling

Postby Frigga » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:51 am

Maybe someone just needs to write this poor pink-snaga slave a backstory. Where did he come from? What's his name?

He's obviously only been kept alive because he can read and write and keep proper notes for the glory of the Horde ... uh, I mean Dol Guldur ... or whatever. :?
Frigga
The Ice Queen

Postby Onasaki » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:34 pm

I wasn't serious. XD

And if we get to press-gang humans later, I'm all for it.
This enigma is my hell

Onasaki
Honored Elf

Return to Orcs

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login