It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:37 am
Change font size
Forum Home Public Crafts

Crafts

Repairing Armor/ Mending

Suggest crafts, talk about existing crafts, debate the finer points of your craftiness.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Repairing Armor/ Mending

Postby Melkor » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:41 pm

From what I understand it seems that all repairing of armor must be performed by someone who has the armorcraft skill. Even the small and minor damages. Is this correct?

Because on Atonement, anyone was able to repair damages up to moderate with no skill at all. I can't imagine how tedious it will become to have to hunt down an armorcrafter to repair my armor after every single practice spar. Is this really how this is supposed to work?
“If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.”

― René Descartes
Melkor
Honored Dwarf

Re: Repairing Armor/ Mending

Postby Melkor » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:29 pm

Nevermind, I found an item in game that appears to repair up to minor damages with no skill required. So it looks like the setups are pretty similar. Disregard.
“If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.”

― René Descartes
Melkor
Honored Dwarf

Postby radioactivejesus » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:36 pm

this seems like as good a place as any to mention; In atonement it also used to be possible to partially mend massive and huge damages on armour, which would then be displayed as 'a permanent damage' after they'd been fixed up, still lowering the armours health level by a good deal but making it usable rather than permanently damaged or worn like it would be if the huge damage wasn't mended.
Right now though, repair kits can only fix up to large.
A really bad sword with a short blade lies here.
look sword
This sword hardly even a sword. It's kind of really just a piece of metal bent like a sword. Its blade is rather short. Kind of pathetic, really.
radioactivejesus
Ent Sapling

Postby Melkor » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:45 pm

After reading through the forums, I think that's intended in order to increase the turnover rate of gear. Could be wrong though, the thread I read that in was pretty old.

― René Descartes
Melkor
Honored Dwarf

Return to Crafts

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login