It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:34 am
Change font size

General Discussion

New Command: setpay

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

New Command: setpay

Postby Nimrod » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:36 pm

Although this is not an actual coded command, it's a set of progs, it will completely free staff from having to setup paydays for employees and will place the responsibility squarely on the shoulders of the player characters who are running things.

I'm not going to get into all the specifics, but with the creation of a new prog command (math timestamp), I can now fully support paydays via progs.

Clan leaders will be able to hire and fire people, set their pay amount, as well as their pay period (in days). They can modify this data as much as they like. All actions are just a quick command with zero admin support required.

Clan leaders will also have the ability to fund the system either automatically (from the storeroom of their business) or manually (if they don't have a storeroom). They'll also be able to read through the logs of all payroll activity, review a list of all employees, review individual employees to see what their pay rate is, how much they've been paid total since being hired and even pay out a bonus if they wish.

It is completely player driven, with zero admin involvement at all. Deploying the payroll system is simple and self-directed through an extensive object help system built in.

To follow our long-range plans, these items will be re-assignable as well, in case you want to sell your business.

I'm pretty pleased by the results thusfar and will hopefully be able to roll it out to our first player-tester in the next week or so.

This is the first step in our plans to put as much power in the player's hands as we can when it comes to player-led clans.

Please feel free to comment or make any suggestions for things you think would make this system better/easier to use.
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Re: New Command: setpay

Postby Brian » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:52 pm

Anything that takes responsibility for mundane, maintenance type tasks and puts it on players is an amazing expenditure of admin time right now, because it's a gift that keeps on giving and paying forward forever. Bravo!
Brian
Honored Elf

Postby radioactivejesus » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:47 pm

this new command sounds pretty great. Paydays orc-side have always been kind of hard to set up, and not many people knew how much each rank was actually supposed to make, so things were kind of random.

Only question I have is when you say "Clan leaders will also have the ability to fund the system either automatically (from the storeroom of their business) or manually (if they don't have a storeroom)" does that mean that players now have to pay their employees out of their own pockets? Seems to be set up great for shops, as they generate revenue from selling products that can then be divvied up. But how will this work for clan-leaders that currently have no source of income at all, save for their own automatic paydays? Vnpc labour that puts coins into the treasury? Coded crafts/objects for raiding? Trade-routes with the neighboring tribes?
A really bad sword with a short blade lies here.
look sword
This sword hardly even a sword. It's kind of really just a piece of metal bent like a sword. Its blade is rather short. Kind of pathetic, really.
radioactivejesus
Ent Sapling

Postby Matt » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:55 pm

Awesome addition and some good ideas from Jesus.
Matt
Ent Sapling

Postby Nimrod » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:33 pm

radioactivejesus wrote:... a bunch of stuff...

The new system is quite flexible. For those of you running the 'admin-run clans', you'll not be responsible for covering the cost of paydays. Staff will be able to set you up nicely. Don't worry, I was taking that into account during the design.

You will be pleased to know that orcs will soon be able to go on raids that will bulk of their coffers and yield some fun booty. There will be other ways for orcs to boost the coffers as well, but I'm not going to announce that until it's more fleshed out. (I will hint that it involves capturing humans. Muahahahah.)
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login