It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:02 am
Change font size
Forum Home Public Utterby

Utterby

Wasting meats!

A place for Staff and players alike to use to coordinate RPTs and in-game events. No IC info, please.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Wasting meats!

Postby quorcore » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:07 pm

So far, from what I've seen, meat and other meat you get from hunting really means nothing IG. People leave carcass' rotting because there isn't too much yuo can do with meats. I suggest maybe opening a buyer/meat market that buys raw meats at different prices depending on type.
quorcore
Verified Member

Re: Wasting meats!

Postby Gobbo » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:16 pm

There is a meat buyer in the kitchen of the inn, you need to buy a 25cp token at the bar. Then after all that the meat buyer allegedly never buys anything anyways because it has too much. So its easier to leave meat EVERYWHERE.
Gobbo
Honored Dwarf

Postby Frigga » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:36 pm

Or you know ... junk it. ;) Just because you can't earn money doesn't mean throw it in the street. Maybe we need a littering ordinance with fines.

I think this might be the second or third thread on the topic.

There was another thread in which I was only half joking, hiding huge piles of meat might soon lead to flies or rats. ;)

Also, there's been some fixes put into game. Arni should have more room soon.
Frigga
The Ice Queen

Postby Mithrandur » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:27 pm

Frigga wrote:Or you know ... junk it. ;) Just because you can't earn money doesn't mean throw it in the street. Maybe we need a littering ordinance with fines.

I think this might be the second or third thread on the topic.

There was another thread in which I was only half joking, hiding huge piles of meat might soon lead to flies or rats. ;)

Also, there's been some fixes put into game. Arni should have more room soon.

Bring back our friendly plague-ridden street cleaners, the rats! Or maybe even more nasty things.
Mithrandur
Honored Dwarf

Postby Jarlhen » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:35 pm

I throw out a quick emote where I detail how I discard of the meat out in the wilderness, then junk it. Sad faces when I junk an entire deer. But I'll be damned if I'm giving it away for free :P

[From Shammat] The Dark Lord demands more mashed potatoes.
Jarlhen
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Songweaver » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:43 am

You know, with just a subtle change to canon, we could make left-out meat be the new Morgoth Element instead of gold, and the crazy amount of left-out meat in the woods around Utterby and Vadok Mal could draw the ire of Smaug the Terrible.
Songweaver
Ent Sapling

Postby radioactivejesus » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:53 am

the smell attracts grizzly bears during the spring and fall! Also wargs, probably
A really bad sword with a short blade lies here.
look sword
This sword hardly even a sword. It's kind of really just a piece of metal bent like a sword. Its blade is rather short. Kind of pathetic, really.
radioactivejesus
Ent Sapling

Postby Droll » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:14 am

Seeing as people are literally piling carcasses in the streets, can we get those plague rats like, right now?
[A burning comet headed straight for your head is online. Use NOTIFY to reply in kind.]
Droll
Honored Dwarf

Postby Mithrandur » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:52 am

Droll wrote:Seeing as people are literally piling carcasses in the streets, can we get those plague rats like, right now?

I vote plague bears. Or plague crocodiles. Something with a bit more bite than rats.
Mithrandur
Honored Dwarf

Postby Justanothacivy » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:43 am

Ohhh i know!

Giant Ants!

(Yes its spring and the little punks have already raised their tiny ugly heads. No more waiting all week to vaccuum for me. ) :mrgreen:
Things that made me smile:
Icarus wrote:I'm going to kill the next character I see doing stuff like that. I'm not joking.
Justanothacivy
Honored Dwarf

Postby Hawkwind » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:52 am

Working outside they are everywhere. I bought tacos, set said brekkie tacos on a table, came back, swarming with ants.

Still ate them though =/
JESUS CHRIST, THE HELIUM!
PS4 Handle - Roadhawkes
Tags Taken: Eru I, Mavinero I.
Hawkwind
Honored Elf

Postby Oblivion » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:33 am

Just nuke them if you notice there are insects nearby.

Worst thing you have to worry about at that point are pieces of carapace sticking between your teeth or at the edge of your gums... But that's no worse than eating popcorn.

Does it make me strange if I honestly feel this way about eating insects? .... It's just another food source that people/animals have been eating for eons...
Oblivion
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Frigga » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:18 pm

Because someone recently petitioned ...

Rotting corpses are indeed, no longer "Take" - they are rotting, juicy, and will fall apart if you try and move them.

If you want to take care of them before they turn into insects and pestilence, butcher them, cut up the nasty meat and dispose of it. It may or may not leave a surprise behind. ;)
Frigga
The Ice Queen

Return to Utterby

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login