It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:28 am
Change font size
Forum Home Public Orcs

Orcs

Gotta do something

All things yrkin. A place for Staff and players alike to use this space to coordinate RPTs and in-game events. Please keep in-character information off of this board.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Gotta do something

Postby Patty » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:33 pm

I'm not going to make a giant post, I'm just gonna hit my points. Activity is way down...what can we do?

1. Remove the sparring npc. I got to know most other orc PC's by fighting them. It encouraged roleplay, the sparring npc encourages skill grinding (on both sides). This seems like a no brainer.

2. Make our coin worth something. Why do I want coin? I have nothing to spend it on. I can buy a shop to make more coin to....do nothing with. How about trading between tribes? That brings me to my next, and possibly biggest point.

3. Make it seem like there is something happening other than our 5 rooms. Are there other orc tribes? Are they doing anything? If they are or aren't, how can we learn about it? It seems we are on an island by ourselves.
<****** / ^^^^^^ / ||||||>
The head is there.
Patty
Honored Dwarf

Re: Gotta do something

Postby Onasaki » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:24 pm

I could go into a long, giant post, as to why activity is down. But everyone knows where I stand. Everyone knows why I haven't been around, and everyone knows how to fix that.

Of course, however, these things aren't going to change. Orcs are supposed to be happy, lovable monster-beasts, with no savagery, besides killing humans, apparently.
I have two forces by my side
One's the truth and one's a lie
Which one's which I cannot tell
This enigma is my hell

Onasaki
Honored Elf

Postby cfelch » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:45 pm

Personally, I would like to see more Stoogery.
Everyone wants to be the boss, no-one the henchmen.
Supporting roles can be a lot more fun, even if you don't reap the most glory.
Every point ever made was an argument.
cfelch
Elf Recruit

Postby Icarus » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:00 am

Onasaki, I actually don't know. Could you enlighten me? Outside of not ganking complete nublets, I'm fairly permissive about orc RP. Stab folks in the back, take their gear. We live, we die, we live again.

Regarding #3. The issue we are encountering is that the way our map was built, all the tribes are technically just slightly off-map, which means building for us to have better interaction with them. We are actively working on this.

The one bit of feedback I've gotten lately is that orcs have basically "won" vs humans. There are no great challenges anymore, there's no great adversary that needs be surmounted. Plots are fun, but without that, it's not as much fun as it should be.
[Petition: Player] I am ready to begin my interdimensional adventure.

A mutilated little orc murmurs, nodding as he mutters,
"I fought good today. Yuh. Fought good, 'specially for bein' the kitchen-snaga. Yuh, I did."
Icarus
Staffer Emeritus

Postby Matt » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:26 pm

I'm going to start pking some of you to stir things up.
Matt
Ent Sapling

Return to Orcs

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login