It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:31 am
Change font size
Forum Home Public Orcs

Orcs

Staff-run event! Thurs. June 18, 9pm EST

All things yrkin. A place for Staff and players alike to use this space to coordinate RPTs and in-game events. Please keep in-character information off of this board.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Staff-run event! Thurs. June 18, 9pm EST

Postby radioactivejesus » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:28 pm

Staff are holding an event for orc-sphere on Thursday, June 18. Should be a lot of fun so try to free up some time in your schedules. They'll likely post an exact time soon
Last edited by radioactivejesus on Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A really bad sword with a short blade lies here.
look sword
This sword hardly even a sword. It's kind of really just a piece of metal bent like a sword. Its blade is rather short. Kind of pathetic, really.
radioactivejesus
Ent Sapling

Re: Staff-run event! Thurs. June 18

Postby Icarus » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:06 pm

This is one I'm actually pretty excited about!
[Petition: Player] I am ready to begin my interdimensional adventure.

A mutilated little orc murmurs, nodding as he mutters,
"I fought good today. Yuh. Fought good, 'specially for bein' the kitchen-snaga. Yuh, I did."
Icarus
Staffer Emeritus

Postby Justanothacivy » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:37 pm

I will attempt to make this. Once an exact'ish time is set I can plan ahead much easier. :mrgreen:
Things that made me smile:
Icarus wrote:I'm going to kill the next character I see doing stuff like that. I'm not joking.
Justanothacivy
Honored Dwarf

Postby radioactivejesus » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:45 pm

Justanothacivy wrote:I will attempt to make this. Once an exact'ish time is set I can plan ahead much easier. :mrgreen:

hopefully they will post an exact time soon. I think it was mentioned to me, but I totally forgot
look sword
This sword hardly even a sword. It's kind of really just a piece of metal bent like a sword. Its blade is rather short. Kind of pathetic, really.
radioactivejesus
Ent Sapling

Postby Telchar » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:36 pm

Tentatively, looking to get things rolling around 9pm-11 pm EST on Thursday.
Telchar
Roleplay Admin

Re: Staff-run event! Thurs. June 18, 9pm EST

Postby biral » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:53 am

Just an ETA on this so I can follow?
biral
Verified Member

Postby mongwen » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:42 am

Still haven't bothered making an IC post about it. Course if it's something like an ambush from someone I suppose it's understandable. We shall see...
A yellow-eyed, blotchy-fleshed brown uruk slowly slunks over, sneakily swaggering with a sleek step.
mongwen
Honored Dwarf

Postby radioactivejesus » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:15 am

mongwen wrote:Still haven't bothered making an IC post about it. Course if it's something like an ambush from someone I suppose it's understandable. We shall see...

we have no IC info about this event to make an IC post about it, unfortunately.
look sword
radioactivejesus
Ent Sapling

Postby Knight26 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:54 pm

I might try and make this. I haven't even logged in yet as my Ork due to real life constraints.
Knight26
Forum Hobbit

Postby Knight26 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:56 pm

I just realized this is in 5 hours. I won't be able to make it. I wish we could have done a weekend instead.
Knight26
Forum Hobbit

Postby Canawa » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:40 pm

Oh good, I got here just in time.
Canawa
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Telchar » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:55 pm

Is good to go when/if the orcs start showing up!!!
Telchar
Roleplay Admin

Postby biral » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:33 pm

Am I the only one that just lost response and cannot connect back now?
biral
Verified Member

Postby radioactivejesus » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:05 pm

biral wrote:Am I the only one that just lost response and cannot connect back now?

game crashed partway through the fighting. Luckily it got back up and we got to see this event to the end.
Thanks for running things for us, Telchar. Was fun
look sword
radioactivejesus
Ent Sapling

Postby biral » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:45 am

[flash=][/flash]Thanks to all the people who attended this and left me. From it lagging and being left behind, once, and then again. And then to the staff who make it so fun for me and ruin my pc with what you claim to be many goblins, which did not seem true because the rate of attacks was too slow, and instead you loaded a strong goblin like you'd done before with me on the whole undermountain plot to initiate it.

You suck the fun out of this game. And I'm 99% sure I'm the only player who died. In a dark room just after falling off the barge. All alone. To a OP gob. And you claim this is not a vendetta against me. Let me just say this, the orcs were not far off, and I had decent skills, ok armor compared to the stuff IG, nothing metal. And you're going to tell me I go down just like that after grinding skills for two weeks? Sorry I call BS.

I'll repeat myself. It was a single goblin, and I know this because the rate of attacks against me was WAY too slow to be anything more than 1 opponent. I tried yelling for help, it dropped me from 5 stars to 2, and when I tried fleeing, it was too late and by then I flee'd and passed out instantly. Now you try and tell me it was all part of this and that. Sorry, your Roleplaying abilities as staff suck. If you truly believe my death was satisfying, for you let alone me, then give yourself a pat on the back. But I'd have had no issues if I had died less bitterly and there was ROLEPLAY involved in a ROLEPLAY PLOT.

I petitioned you asking what that was. You proceeded to tell me my body was safeguarded and I'd be resurrected once the whole thing was over for the mess up. Then you try and calm me down with shit talk and ask me if I think I deserve a res, then you tell me you'll look through the logs and think about it. Please provide everyone here with logs of the goblins names that attacked me, because it was only one, and it was a yellow goblin which code showed me through the dark room somehow. And how it saw me I have no idea. Not that I give two hoots for that.

Please address this and explain to the sphere as a whole how you slipped up and plan to fix things in the future. Because I will not be inclined to roll another PC, not that it will be soon if you do, because of the lack of RP in the sphere and what it leads to. Let me tell you why I'm angry. I grind skills, because I can't go out in the woods; because I'll die. When I pitch up for an RPT the Staff make sure it happens anyway to my PC anyway.
biral
Verified Member

Postby Frigga » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:14 am

While I understand that PC deaths can be upsetting and a disappointment, I'll be editing swears out.

If staff had a vendetta to murder you, they wouldn't have offered to discuss a rez. Sometimes during a busy RPT, particularly with a crash things happen. But I'm not sure assuming a two week old PC is somehow immune to dying is a fair stance by any means.
Frigga
The Ice Queen

Postby Icarus » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:42 am

My my, the day has come when an orc complains about dying in a combat RPT.

Standard policy is for staff to safeguard a corpse when a player has an issue with a death. Staff have reviewed the logs, and what killed you was waiting nearly a minute between the start of combat in the dark against 3 mobiles and attempting to flee.

Having a temper tantrum about it isn't the most graceful thing in the world. Amusing, moderately, but not classy.
[Petition: Player] I am ready to begin my interdimensional adventure.

A mutilated little orc murmurs, nodding as he mutters,
"I fought good today. Yuh. Fought good, 'specially for bein' the kitchen-snaga. Yuh, I did."
Icarus
Staffer Emeritus

Postby radioactivejesus » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:41 am

staff weren't targeting you, Biral. Almost every character during this RPT was wounded, they were greatly outnumbered and several were knocked out or came within inches of dying. You had bad luck, and it sucks, but you're not the first orc to die during an event.
look sword
radioactivejesus
Ent Sapling

Postby Onasaki » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:27 pm

I'm beginning to feel like, we're only getting new people who are not used to the way things are in an RPI.

They die, and then make a big huff about it on the forums. As if it's going to change the past. To be honest, I'm surprised I didn't die in that event.
I have two forces by my side
One's the truth and one's a lie
Which one's which I cannot tell
This enigma is my hell

Onasaki
Honored Elf

Return to Orcs

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login