It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:49 pm
Change font size

General Discussion

Trust

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Re: Trust

Postby Nimrod » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:23 pm

twitchyweasel wrote:Also you haven't got back to me about that uncraftable staff gear that is still IG, Nim.

Lots of demands flying around here, Twitchy. [eta - I didn't mean that you were the one making the demands, Twitchy, sorry if that came across wrong. I re-read it and it looks kind of snarky. I meant that there were a lot of OTHER demands flying around. Apologies.]

I'm pretty sure that I've never promised that there would never be uncraftable gear in game. In a perfect world, yes, this would be the case, but we don't live in a perfect world, nor do we play in one.

I don't plan on making this promise either.

If you're pointing at a particular character that is currently in game, the gear was loaded long ago and approved by whatever Elder Staffers loaded it at the time. I'm not going to go back and modify the decision now unless I deem the gear so grossly out of line that it does not fit the role.

I have yet to see this gear in person, so I can't make that determination right now.
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby tehkory » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:34 pm

To a tee, Grommit. Jots and tittle too. Exactly what I meant.
tehkory
Master Ent

Postby crayon » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:40 pm

Grommit wrote:Experienced Warrior 2 RPP
- +15, +10, +5 to three separate combat skills
- oqual weapon, pqual armor

Hardened Veteran Warrior 4 RPP
- +20, +15, +10 to three separate combat skills
- gqual weapon, oqual armor

Or something.

You guys want this to be strictly defined and kept to, and then you would be happy?

Nimrod's vinter could trade the armor slots for a certain publicly defined amount of coin worth of supplies and tools, etc?

Or would you also accept if a special role said:

Seeking Silvan Elf, all applications considered, will start with oqual leathers, gqual sword and gqual bow, +10 to forage, +10 sneak, +10 hide?

Both of those sound like viable solutions, though I'd personally favor the RPP tier approach a bit more, as it allows players to see a direct translation between invitation character power levels, and what they could expect to do with a certain amount of RPP themselves. Assuming RPP isn't getting handed out to anybody that plays on a monthly basis, and is going out on merit, I can't really see that being much of a problem. It also allows you to use invitations and carefully selected players to give the playerbase role models for character concepts before anybody actually has RPP to try to do such a concept themselves, which should help encourage everybody to aspire to high quality roleplay.
crayon
Verified Member

Postby EltanimRas » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:42 pm

tehkory wrote:To a tee, Grommit. Jots and tittle too. Exactly what I meant.

:nom:

(A publicly advertised role is going to breed a lot less resentment than a secret, invite-only one, too, even if it has to be made without much ic detail.)
EltanimRas
Master Ent

Postby Bones » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:56 pm

Sorry... I don't agree with publicly advertising all roles. Some are plot related. Some are for very specific spots in the hierarchy. If you aren't invited.. Then you don't fit the 'vision' for that spot. Deal with it.

I wasn't selected as Miss North Carolina.. Granted that's because my genitalia are external, and those felonies.. And punching one of the other contestants in the head.. But I can't complain. I didn't fit the criteria.

I really don't think either side, Yrch or Human have room to talk about gear/items that shouldn't be in game. If we want to throw mud, let's not just heap it on the Elf. There are parties all over the game who have had, still have, or are trying for that uber gear.

Also.. To bring up a point from SW on another post.. We're not even -in- Laketown yet. I mean.. Let's wait for all of the wood to be stacked on the pyre before we -really- light that up with a flame war.

One last bit for this particular post. Consider your OOC networks. Consider that sort of BS some of you pull via said networks, and through the nepotistic character groups you all form. Might be why none of you got an invite on a role.

I sure as hell didn't get an invite.

But then again, I am a -very- shitty person. DICKERY AHOY!!
Nimrod banned me for 7 days.
Bones
Elf Recruit

Postby crayon » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:37 pm

Bones wrote:Sorry... I don't agree with publicly advertising all roles. Some are plot related. Some are for very specific spots in the hierarchy. If you aren't invited.. Then you don't fit the 'vision' for that spot. Deal with it.

I wasn't selected as Miss North Carolina.. Granted that's because my genitalia are external, and those felonies.. And punching one of the other contestants in the head.. But I can't complain. I didn't fit the criteria.

Has anybody ever told you that you suck at analogy, brah? Because that one was a doozy. In order to be selected as Miss North Carolina, you have to enter a publicly accessible contest with defined criteria and entry requirements. You can try to enter, and then they can take one look at your Adam's apple, neckbeard, ugly fedora, and tell you to go away. That's not what we have with invite-only roles.

Even if they're heavily tied to plot, you don't really have to give away anything sensitive. It's as easy as: "Looking for a dwarven beer-brewer to fill plot-critical role. Will receive the equivalent of 7 RPP in stats, skills, and equipment." That's all you have to do. Even if you were planning on giving the role to Mr. Bones here all along, it doesn't really matter so much. You might see an application that stands out and change your mind, you might not, either way you're being upfront about what you're doing.

Bones wrote:I really don't think either side, Yrch or Human have room to talk about gear/items that shouldn't be in game. If we want to throw mud, let's not just heap it on the Elf. There are parties all over the game who have had, still have, or are trying for that uber gear.

I don't get the impression anybody's blaming the elf, he just happened to have inadvertently been turned into a lawnmower of destruction by a combination of bad standards vis a vis invite application equipment and inexperienced staff setting that equipment up? All of which would be fixed by a combination of assigning different tiers of equivalency to different RPP slots, as far as gear goes. Skill boosts fix Nimrod's concern vis a vis 'doing their jobs'. It could very easily be made clear, transparent, and standardized and greatly improve players' trust in staff. A set-up where you don't know what sort of special gear people are receiving just encourages suspicion and mistrust, even if it's unfounded. And I don't think anybody gives a crap about gear with customized descriptions, so much as the gear that's distinctly outside the craftable power range.

Bones wrote:Also.. To bring up a point from SW on another post.. We're not even -in- Laketown yet. I mean.. Let's wait for all of the wood to be stacked on the pyre before we -really- light that up with a flame war.

Yeah, guys. Lol. You should totally wait until you semi-finalize the game before starting to hammer out the details on an important system like role applications, RPP, and standardization.

That said, flaming isn't going to get anybody anywhere, and a lot of these threads and posts are getting pretty bad. Anyhow, food for thought.
crayon
Verified Member

Postby Rishte » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:09 pm

I'm really burnt out on all the fighting, finger pointing, and negativity. I really wanted another f word. But you know. I needed to behave and not add fodder to this facinorous mess.

Can this stop? For my sanity, my clarity and my ability to work on these forums and with this game, please.
Rishte
The Shadow

Postby Sabrelon » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:23 pm

Rishte wrote:I'm really burnt out on all the fighting, finger pointing, and negativity. I really wanted another f word. But you know. I needed to behave and not add fodder to this facinorous mess.

Can this stop? For my sanity, my clarity and my ability to work on these forums and with this game, please.
Sabrelon
Forum Hobbit

Postby Nimrod » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:25 pm

I'm going to embed my answers in red.
Brian wrote:To try and keep this going in a forward direction I'm going to summarize what I can glean as the major repeated questions that I've seen, including what I think has been said definitively about them and perhaps you can answer the remaining questions directly?

1) Special Roles: Chosen by players at chargen, open to everyone with the requisite RPP
- Standardized skill boosts for each level of RPP from 1 to whatever upper tier level exists
- what will these skill boosts actually be? Sorry to deflect, but we will officially answer this soon, in another thread.
- will these characters receive only equipment that is currently craftable, or will upper tier characters receive items that are not yet craftable but are part of planned future crafts?Base objects available for these roles will be either directly available to players in game, or variations of those (modified descriptions) that will have matching stats of available objects. I will not guarantee that everything will be craftable, but I will say that it will be commonly available in one way or another.

2) Requested Roles - Suggested by players and application made to staff. (May morph in to a Sponsored Role if deemed appropriate)
- will requested roles follow the same level of boosting as special roles, unless they're upgraded to sponsored roles?Correct.
- will equipment guidelines be the same?Yes.

3) Sponsored Roles (Invite only) - These are the high-level roles that we invite players to fill privately (or via public announcement) to fill a specific need within the gameworld.
- will skill boost decisions here be made at discretion of staff and on a per case basis?Correct. I will add that no single administrator will be able to determine what these boosts are. It will be a cooperative effort shared by appropriate staff members. We will use the guidelines for standard roles as a starting point and if modifications are required, discuss and agree prior to deployment.
- will equipment decisions be the same?Yes.

4) Races: Exist currently but have only been given as sponsored roles by invitation.
- will racial stat boosts be standardized and if so, will they be made public?Yes.
- what are the required RPP for the special races, will they cost RPP or only have an RPP required amount? The required RPP for races has already been partially published. We may modify those requirements as time goes on. It is my intent to only require the requisite rpp for any race, boost or role, but also apply a limitation on how often a player may make special requests. This bit may change slightly as well, but that is the plan that I am proposing.
- are these races now open for anyone to apply to through a requested application? Yes, with limitations. We are currently still building the gameworld and our time is extremely limited. We will accept applications, but be forewarned... responses may be delayed somewhat depending on the complexity.

5) Uncraftable Equipment: There would appear to be some floating around IG right now that people are concerned about. It also seems like Nimrod has specifically spoken with Grommit already to ask him to look at things like elven items, things that a seperate special role character got, etc. to see if these line up with the design standards.
- will future characters taking RPP roles be supplied with items that are not currently craftable?They MAY be supplied with uncraftable objects, it is not guaranteed.
- will special or invite only characters be released equipment that will eventually be released but has not been released yet?Yes, there are a lot of items that are not yet craftable but will be at some point in the future. This does not mean that every piece of equipment that is supplied to a sponsored role will eventually be commonly available in-game. See paragraph 3 above for more detail on this point.

To my eyes those seem to be the major things that are coming up again and again. It sounds like people would be glad to see what the standards are in these areas, have it clearly laid out, and then decide if they're able to tolerate those standards.

In brief:

Standard Roles (available to any that qualify at char gen) - All boosts will be granted based on rpp. These boosts will follow a strict, publicly-available standard. Gear will be based on the role and will always be available in game. [Note that some things may not be commonly available, such as lock picks and other miscellaneous things].

Requested Roles (a specially devised role proposed by the player) - These roles may be modified versions of Standard Roles or Unique Creations that are submitted to staff for consideration. Requested Roles may be upgraded, at staff discretion to a Sponsored Role. Roles that are not upgraded to Sponsored Roles will default back to a Standard Role for boost and gear standards.

Sponsored Roles (a staff devised role to fill a particular niche in game that is more narrowly focused than a Standard Role.) - Available by upgrade from a Requested Role or by Invitation from Staff, or via advertisement for applicants. Boosts and Gear are at the discretion of staff and based on requirements of Role. Sponsored Roles are an extremely rare thing, requirements will be specific to the Role. Those who accept Sponsored Roles will work closely with staff to design their character and flesh out every detail. (This is not a short process for the player and will require much work and copious documentation.) Players may be required to provide descriptions for specialized gear or rooms. Players will be held to a higher standard of play with Sponsored Roles and may be subject to warnings and possibly surrender of role should the player not meet the agreed-upon terms of that Sponsored Role. (Terms will be by role and may vary).

In order to limit the number of submissions and keep staff sane, we will be limiting the frequency of submissions. Further, staff will be determining the best path forward to address issues of back-to-back requests, retiring roles, deaths, and the ability to sell or allow inheritance of goods and properties obtained via Role.
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Nimrod » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:42 pm

twitchyweasel wrote:Also you haven't got back to me about that uncraftable staff gear that is still IG, Nim.

Yes. There are a few piece of uncraftable gear in the gameworld, Twitchy. I have personally done an audit of the particular individual that has it and I am satisfied it is not of sufficient power to be a problem to anyone. Gear was issued by an Elder Staff member and is well within specs for that particular role.

Apologies for having neglected your question for so long, Twitchy. I just caught the player online a few hours ago and was able to get the audit done without having to dig in to the server to look at the raw data.

I compared each piece of equipment with an item that is commonly available in-game and found the differences to be very slight and more than appropriate.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby twitchyweasel » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:50 pm

Nimrod wrote:

Yes. There are a few piece of uncraftable gear in the gameworld, Twitchy. I have personally done an audit of the particular individual that has it and I am satisfied it is not of sufficient power to be a problem to anyone. Gear was issued by an Elder Staff member and is well within specs for that particular role.

Apologies for having neglected your question for so long, Twitchy. I just caught the player online a few hours ago and was able to get the audit done without having to dig in to the server to look at the raw data.

I compared each piece of equipment with an item that is commonly available in-game and found the differences to be very slight and more than appropriate.

Thank you for the answer, sir.
twitchyweasel
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Nimrod » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:34 pm

crayon wrote: If players require a certain degree of statistical inflation in order to tell a story on your game, then you've got bigger things to be worried about than standardization. Moreover, points regarding standardization only grow in merit because if your ability to tell a meaningful story is bound to your capability to do the things you need to with code, then granting access to statistics outside the expected range of what your usual character is likely to achieve is tantamount to telling the playerbase that you can only tell a grassroots story if staff taps you on the shoulder to do it. You're shooting yourself in the foot, and that's concerning! Either statistics aren't important, and people shouldn't care how standardized or subjective boosts are for invited roles, but those roles shouldn't need them, really, anyhow, or they are important, and you can't really feign surprise when players are concerned about subjective boosts.

A really great post, Crayon. I'll do my best to explain my position and theories I am using to move forward.

I've literally read this first paragraph you posted 15 times. Yes. I agree that we've got bigger things to worry about than standardization, Crayon. Those worries will only be alleviated with time and players playing. I'm not trying to be snarky in my responses, just brief.

We will not be granting access to levels of skills that are outside the expected range of what the usual character can attain. (I'll add) ... through play. (i.e. they won't normally roll n with the same level, but it is attainable through practice and play.)

The importance of statistics is not simply a binary issue. I don't believe I feigned surprise at player's concerns. They have a right to be concerned, thus this thread.

I also agree that not being able to tell a grass-roots story without the stats to ensure your own safety is concerning. In a perfect world and with perfect play from all players, someone would be able to engage in pvp quite often. Unfortunately we are dealing with an imperfect system, filled with imperfect staff and imperfect players and thus are faced with the conundrum: Do we want to help push for better pvp roleplay by giving a trusted entity the stats to deal with the combat and ask them to push roleplay, or do we just continue with past practices by trying to correct players and hope for the best?

SoI has tried the latter solution for a decade and it has not gotten any better on the whole. I believe it's time to try a new solution and am hoping that those involved in pvp roleplay will slowly become accustomed to roleplaying more prior to engaging because of the boosted individual's ability to stand in the pocket, if you will, and set the example.

We've asked players for the last ten years to be the one to set the example and show the way. Previous administrations have spent considerable amounts of time on writing up vast documentation that became the Rules of Engagement. Those staff member's hearts were in the right place, but I think the outcome of that is fairly clear. Example makers died and lost everything with little thanks for their efforts. Giving example makers a little security will allow them to set the example without dying every time they run in to just a bit too much opposition. They may be defeated, but they will not pay for it with their character's life, and thus they may return the next day to engage in pvp again and continue the slow process of changing the basic concepts of pvp from insta-gank to roleplay.

That is my hope anyway. The investment to attempt this is extremely low. Rolling in a few characters, boosting stats somewhat, giving some direction and letting the player wade in. A relatively cheap investment that has the potential for huge returns in my opinion.

Crayon wrote:I think that's a mistake! Directly limiting and tying a character's ability to effect their world, and essentially, their player's agency, based on the character's race or RPP-on-creation is a bad idea.

I do agree that player agency is super important, hence my drastically opening up player's abilities to create their own clans and establish their own businesses. I am pro-player choice, so long as the perks are not just handed out for free. Giving away things for free cheapens that which is given, and we're not doing that.

Perhaps I chose my wording on the worth of a single orc poorly. Your post has seen me review what I said and re-think it. I think a better way of putting what I was trying to get across would be that players may consider their character's a cut-above the norm, but that they must realize their foe would also consider their character a cut above the norm, hence rendering their specialness moot for all intents and purposes.

An orc who considers his group a cut above the rest, while considering that elf normal is reducing the player of the elf's worth and we must take that in to consideration as well. In the end, comparing average to average is the same as comparing above-average to above-average. To state otherwise is to deny player agency to one or the other, is it not?

So... in the end, my point still stands, though it may have been worded poorly. I apologize if my wording caused any angst. It was not my intent.

Crayon wrote:This problem has nothing to do with races, roles, RPP, elves, Brian, orcs, or really much of anything but combat code and conflict on the RPI engine and the game systems as a whole lacking proper incentivization or requirement of roleplay to go hand-in-hand with code. You have a point regarding giving players a model for roleplay-intensive conflict, but I think the approach is far off of the mark. Moreover, why should an invited role telling a story receive some sort of protection and extra consideration vis a vis PK twinks that a grassroots player with zero RPP and no contact with staff doesn't? Besides, don't you want everybody to handle PvP with grace and a focus on storytelling?

To answer your last point... Yes, I do want everyone to handle pvp with grace and with a focus on roleplay.

It appears that you are saying that the problem pvp suffers is with the combat code, incentives and requirements. The last two working hand in hand with code. (If I've misrepresented your paragraph above, please correct me. I did read the paragraph at least 10 times and re-read the first sentence at last 10 more times to try to understand your point.)

Your conclusions may very well be correct and no one has stumbled across the correct balance yet. I would offer a different conclusion though and point out that the code has been modified, the incentives have been scrutinized very carefully, and requirements have been put through their paces with all the iterations of Rules of Engagement. These issues have been tried over the last ten years through all iterations of SoI.

I would posit that instead of the problem being either of these three things, that it is player expectation and the sum of experience that is to blame. It is typically either the experienced, disenfranchised player, or the in-experienced and scared player that initiates combat without roleplay. And how do we change that behavior? My theory is to simply show them by introducing a few characters that are able to withstand the onslaught of instant attacks and that will roleplay with them in dangerous situations. Of course this player will have much power, but will be expected to avoid taking advantage of his power and instead concentrate on roleplay.

Crayon wrote:From what I've heard of the situation, didn't the orcs RP-lessly respond to an RP-less engagement via archery? It's kind of silly to expect somebody to get shot and then walk in and immediately pull back from code to get to roleplay on this codebase, unfortunately. Moreover, I think this is a universal problem that has nothing to do with boosted elves versus less-powerful elves. Frankly, if people refuse to engage in roleplay alongside conflict with anybody you have problems. Only addressing this issue in the specific case of invited roles and elves is just really bad design/administration. No offense in that, I imagine you're trying to get people to do the best thing for story, and it's like herding cats, but there are good ideas and there are bad ideas.

We are addressing the issue of 'arrow means permission for instant combat'. This is not the norm that I condone and will be working with staff and players to try to solve the issue. It is a sticky wicket and another thread has been opened to discuss that particular topic. Please feel free to weigh in, your input is encouraged and welcomed.

I respect your opinion and you're free to believe that the plan is a bad one. If you have any 'good' ideas to take the place of the one in place, please feel free to share. I'd be very interested in hearing your ideas on how to make the situation better.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Nimrod » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:42 pm

Do I owe anyone a response in this thread yet? If I've missed a question, I apologize. I've been trying to answer the ones that seemed most pressing and in need of a timely response. I've not purposely skimmed over any questions or avoided any. If I missed it, it was purely accidental.

If I've overlooked you, I'm sorry. Point it out to me, or re-post and I'll happily answer you as best I can.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby twitchyweasel » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:44 pm

An orc who considers his group a cut above the rest, while considering that elf normal is reducing the player of the elf's worth and we must take that in to consideration as well. In the end, comparing average to average is the same as comparing above-average to above-average. To state otherwise is to deny player agency to one or the other, is it not?

My concern with this statement is that you're talking about 6-8(however many it was) players over one. You're denying player agency or worth, as you put it, to eight players so as to benefit the one. I would rather have eight mediocre players enriching my roleplay than one stellar one. There is just more to draw from when you have eight players, no matter how good that one player may be.
twitchyweasel
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Nimrod » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:49 pm

EltanimRas wrote:(A publicly advertised role is going to breed a lot less resentment than a secret, invite-only one, too, even if it has to be made without much ic detail.)

I can relate, Eltanimras. I agree that the possibility for angst exists. I believe that the bulk of our roles, invite-only too, would be advertised. There will be times though, that a super-sekrit role may be required for a special plot or some such fun and mysterious stuff. Hence my not wanting to paint myself in to a corner and say that we'd be advertising all of them.

Hopefully we will be able to prove our point in the future and the sekrit ones will be a pleasant surprise for players rather than an unpleasant one.

Nice to see you lurking the forums. We all miss your face. Give Rivean a dirty look for us all. ;)
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Nimrod » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:00 am

Bones wrote:Consider your OOC networks.

I really had to look hard to be able to quote something from one of your posts, Bones. Oi.

This is an excellent point, though seriously off topic and I feel like derailing, again.

We do not even try to say that ooc networks are against the rules any longer. Previous administrations have tried and spent a lot of time banging their heads against the walls trying to get everyone to fall in line by not sharing ic information through ooc networks.

Sharing IC information is still against the rules, btw. Grommit will be monitoring all of your communications, including Instant Messages, email, phone and semaphore messages, so watch it!

Seriously though... if you truly want a great experience in this game and want to become immersed in your character, cut out all ooc communication with people that play this game, at least while you're logged in. Avoid in character information in ooc channels. You may enjoy the 'juicy' tidbits of all the gossip and info-sharing, but in the end it will literally kill your enjoyment of this game.

I challenge every single player to cut all ooc ties to the game for a month and concentrate on roleplaying in-game and see how much more enjoyable it is to you overall. I even recommend avoiding the forums to get maximum enjoyment.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Nimrod » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:16 am

Songweaver wrote: I really don't like the direction that it's headed.

This is seriously baffling to me. We are heading in the same direction we were two weeks ago except for the single point of Sponsored Roles being more clearly defined.

Is that seriously the reason for your statement about the direction we're heading?

As I've stated earlier in this thread. You're always welcome to come play the game. We hold no grudges for things said in this thread and would welcome you with open arms.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Canawa » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:16 am

Nimrod wrote: Grommit will be monitoring all of your communications, including Instant Messages, email, phone and semaphore messages, so watch it!

Alright, I'm ready Grommit. You ready for this dull boring life that I lead? I will lull you into sleep and then draw on you (maybe).
Canawa
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Grommit » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:49 am

Canawa wrote:
Nimrod wrote: Grommit will be monitoring all of your communications, including Instant Messages, email, phone and semaphore messages, so watch it!

Alright, I'm ready Grommit. You ready for this dull boring life that I lead? I will lull you into sleep and then draw on you (maybe).

There's only so many My Little Pony memes I can stand.
Grommit
Game Coder

Postby EltanimRas » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:44 am

Nimrod wrote:Give Rivean a dirty look for us all.

Done.
EltanimRas
Master Ent

Postby Melkor » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:49 am

Sabrelon wrote:
Rishte wrote:I'm really burnt out on all the fighting, finger pointing, and negativity. I really wanted another f word. But you know. I needed to behave and not add fodder to this facinorous mess.

There was some good discussion going on in the first few pages and I contributed a tiny bit (there still is by a few posters), but mostly I feel like this now.
“If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.”

― René Descartes
Melkor
Honored Dwarf

Postby Bones » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:51 am

I'll be honest.. Since Nimrod already locked my other thread for obvious reasons.. I'm picking fights because I can. I'm taking way too many meds to actually care about the threads beyond the dickery I can insert. Songweaver is picking fights because he can. Matt opened up that other thread to pick a fight because he can. And Grommit, don't you dare lie about being a Brony.

In reality, this is a game. I urge you all to consider the video games you may or not play. There are always aspects of it you don't like. There are players with gear you don't think they should have, or are OP in terms of race/class/skills. Aside from a few rare examples, mass-complaints have never actually driven them to do much in the way of changes.. And they still did things the way you didn't want them to.

Yes.. Submit your thoughts to staff. SW, you have been (not sarcasm here) kind enough to do so to Nimrod via PM, or ticket, smoke signal what have you. That's the way to do it. That man remembers everything. Frigga remembers everything too. If they don't feel your idea has merit at the time, the forums are not the place to drum up support. Often times, you'll merely drive staff or players in an opposite direction.

We're all a family. A family with huge incest problems, but a family none the less.
Bones
Elf Recruit

Postby Gobbo » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:09 am

Does anyone remember power in old soi? It was a stat you couldn't improve and rpp got you more of it. The whole point of power was to make those with it untouchable.

I think people forget that an max skilled elf is pretty much on the same level as a max skilled human. That means that while you are concerned special invite rolls will come in and roll over everyone..staff have assured us that op gear won't exist anymore and a strong human will still be competative with any invited role.

You may be a bit peeved you can't play an elf without staff really liking you...but that was honestly always the case in the last decade.
Gobbo
Honored Dwarf

Postby Nimrod » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:10 am

Bones wrote:That man remembers everything.

Actually... no. I do not. Though I do remember that I had to lock a thread that you started recently. Your last post in this thread is passingly civil, but I've noted the tone in some of your other posts has become decidedly aggressive. Let's tone it down, eh?
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Bones » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:19 am

My confidence in you is shattered, Robot. The newspaper attachment explains why..
Attachments
newspaper.jpg
Extra Extra.. Read All About it!
newspaper.jpg (36.39 KiB) Viewed 789 times
Bones
Elf Recruit

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login