It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:36 am
Change font size
Forum Home Public Orcs

Orcs

*crickets*

All things yrkin. A place for Staff and players alike to use this space to coordinate RPTs and in-game events. Please keep in-character information off of this board.

Moderator: Elder Staff

*crickets*

Postby Patty » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:48 am

Have the undersnaga overrun us yet? It appears so.
<****** / ^^^^^^ / ||||||>
The head is there.
Patty
Honored Dwarf

Re: *crickets*

Postby MrT2G » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:47 am

The thought of returning to my snaga ways has crossed my mind... :P
A curvy, copper-haired woman drops a small, strawberry-blonde toddler girl.
MrT2G
Elf Recruit

Postby Patty » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:10 pm

My personal opinion is that we are past the point of no return as we are right now. There needs to be SOMETHING to propel us into a new direction or setting or at least give us some sort of motivation to log in. I understand stories arent the focus right now, but we gotta have something.
<****** / ^^^^^^ / ||||||>
The head is there.
Patty
Honored Dwarf

Postby tehkory » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:10 pm

Human sphere's doing alright, honestly. It's even getting a minor resurgence. I'd say: log in. Poke friends of yours. Make some noise. Or else if you can't manage it, give it a rest and try and help the other half of the game. If the dog won't hunt, put it down and move on.

I'm all for seeing orcs and wargs in-game again, though.
tehkory
Master Ent

Postby Melkor » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:02 pm

tehkory wrote:Human sphere's doing alright, honestly. It's even getting a minor resurgence. I'd say: log in. Poke friends of yours. Make some noise. Or else if you can't manage it, give it a rest and try and help the other half of the game. If the dog won't hunt, put it down and move on.

I'm all for seeing orcs and wargs in-game again, though.

Pretty much this. I prefer a two sphere system, even three if there were numbers for it, but it's probably more important to get at least one side going strong first.
“If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.”

― René Descartes
Melkor
Honored Dwarf

Postby Frigga » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:29 pm

I'd say that a common enough thing is folks login, petition, don't see anyone (or anyone they like :lol: ) and logout.

Perhaps return to weekly pRPT times (which staff might indeed pop by/arrange to be available for) to coordinate logins?
Frigga
The Ice Queen

Postby tehkory » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:02 pm

Frigga wrote:I'd say that a common enough thing is folks login, petition, don't see anyone (or anyone they like :lol: ) and logout.

Perhaps return to weekly pRPT times (which staff might indeed pop by/arrange to be available for) to coordinate logins?

I don't think any of the players invested in positions that can actively ICly organize that sort of thing actually -want- to...and I honestly can't say I'd be willing to pay the cost of switching characters/concepts to put myself in a position to do so.

It's a nice thought for -either- sphere, but on the other hand...it died out for a reason, didn't it?

I'll keep playing, and trying to drag up old friends to see if something can be made of the game we've got, but I'm not so sure a 'grassroots campaign' is the solution to that, Frigga. Why not just remove the 'p' from the 'weekly pRPT' and use the tools you've got? Even a player with the storyteller command(s) can't really do that much. And if weekly can't be managed, bi-weekly?
Last edited by tehkory on Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tehkory
Master Ent

Postby MrT2G » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:06 pm

tehkory wrote:
Frigga wrote:I'd say that a common enough thing is folks login, petition, don't see anyone (or anyone they like :lol: ) and logout.

I don't think any of the players invested in positions that can actively ICly organize that sort of thing actually -want- to...and I honestly can't say I'd be willing to pay the cost of switching characters/concepts to put myself in a position to do so.

It's a nice thought for -either- sphere, but on the other hand...it died out for a reason, didn't it?

I'll keep playing, and trying to drag up old friends to see if something can be made of the game we've got, but I'm not so sure a 'grassroots campaign' is the solution to that, Frigga. Why not just remove the 'p' from the 'weekly pRPT' and use the tools you've got? Even a player with the storyteller commands(s) can't really do that much. And if weekly can't be managed, bi-weekly?

Considering the so far fruitless effort I've been undertaking to try to get a message board to facilitate organizing players and RP, I am distinctly starting to get the impression players are not wanted or expected to do much of anything on their own.
A curvy, copper-haired woman drops a small, strawberry-blonde toddler girl.
MrT2G
Elf Recruit

Postby Rishte » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:18 pm

This thread is in the forum which is for the Orc Sphere and in such is subject to our forum rules here Read Me. If you have a complaint or a concern towards staff decisions or lack thereof, follow the proper support protocol under 'help support'.
Rishte
The Shadow

Postby Frigga » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:12 pm

There's a few new Orcs poking around looking for other Orcs. Seek out your Orcy friends for ... Orc times.
Frigga
The Ice Queen

Return to Orcs

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login